Nobody likes a dirty-looking car inside and outside. The daily commuters will know exactly how their car has to go through the rough and tough situations on the road. The daily usage leaves the outer corners and edges with dirt and dust. If regular cleaning is not performed, the initial shine and looks of your car may fade away. It is a tedious and tiresome job to perform daily cleaning manually. The easier way to clean and take care of your vehicle is by having an auto detailing kit. In this post, we will tell you about the best auto detailing kit reviews.
For all car lovers, an auto detailing kit is one of the mandatory requisites to keep their vehicle valuable and precious.
The benefits of having auto detailing kits
- Professional Cleaning: Auto detailing kits are a set of many products that consists of shampoo, polish, cleaners, cloths, etc. These products are manufactured to perform professional cleaning activities around the vehicle. By following the instructions and with some effort a detailing kit is helpful in generating glossy shine and improve the appearance of vehicle exteriors.
- Restoration & Protection: Keeping your vehicle’s paint and shine in original form is very important. The auto detailing kit products are made of specialized chemicals and liquids to help restore the original shine. The wax polish and cleaners are used to protect the vehicle exteriors from tough weather conditions. Regular polishing and cleaning with auto detailing kits keep your vehicle looking always clean and new.
- Weather protection: Exposure to summer heat and rainwater can spoil the exteriors of your vehicle. The paint color can become dull and fade away owing to UV rays. During the monsoon, the metal can become rusty and catch corrosion. To keep the vehicle exteriors in good shape and protect it from damaging weather conditions, proper detailing is essential.
- Save Detailing Cost: The average cost for a full-service wash at designated washing centers may cost you between $15-$20. For repeated washing, this cost may go into hundreds of dollars per month. Auto detailing kits are durable and can be used to perform multiple detailing activities. One purchase of an auto detailing kit can save lots of detailing costs compared to cleaning at professional washing centers.
5 Best Auto Detailing Kit (Reviews 2021)
It may not be easy to choose the perfect auto detailing kit looking at so many different products a single kit consists. To help you avoid the confusion, we have done the research and come up with 5 best auto detailing kit reviews.
#1 Chemical Guys HOL148 Car Wash Bucket Kit
Product Rating: 4.8 / 5
If you want to make your car cleaning fun, then get this Chemical Guys HOL148 car wash bucket kit. The kit comes with multiple numbers of products that include foam gun and other detail supplies for car washing. The list of products has wheel cleaners, quick detailing sprays, soap for washing car, cream wax, glass cleaner, and dressing to shine tires. A bucket is accompanied by the kit, that supports heavy-duty cleaning. Another interesting tool included in the kit is an insert in the bucket to trap dirt.
Other complementing products and tools are a microfiber towel, wheel brush, tire shining tool, and a wash mitt. With a utility aimed approach, this kit has all the products that are meant for assisting the cleaning of not just interiors but also the tires, which are sometimes neglected in the rest.
- Supreme Quality Car Wax
- Comes with a Gas Cleaner
- Foam Gun Included
- Soft Brush Bristles
- Foam gun needs to be used with care and caution
#2 Armor All Complete Car Care Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Among some of the highly trusted brands for best car care kits, Armor is the one that is highly standardized and affordable. Along with plenty of fluid and solid car cleaning products, this one offers durability and sustainability. In addition to all the cleaning products, this one has got you cleaning wipes as well in the kit.
However, this kit doesn’t offer mitts and towels, which have been tried to suffice through glass wipes. The people with already gears, this is a cost-effective option for your cars.
- Oxidation and UV ray protection
- Inclusive of tire shiners
- Authentic wax
- Ammonia-free glass wipes
- The formula is a bit flammable
#3 Turtle Wax 50754 Ultimate Car Care Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Turtle wax another solid brand puts forward a pretty nice starter kit that comprises minimum fluids with a towel. In the above-mentioned starter cleaning kit, the buyers are provided with a Car Wash, Odor-X Spray, Wax & Dry Spray, Scratch & Swirl Remover, and a Tire Shine.
The odor spray is made with special technology making the smell vanish for around 30-days. This kit provides an all-inclusive product range for getting a sleek and clean car in easy steps. It gives great results in buffing along with UV protection to your car.
- Includes UV protectant
- Authentic Car Cleaning Procedure
- Constitutes a wide product range
- No specific auto glass cleaning product
#4 Meguiars G55032SP Complete Car Care Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
When it comes to quality, then there Meguiar’s Complete Car Care Kit is nothing more popular than Meguiar. The Meguiar products are certainly tested and are used by many professional garages and showroom owners. The kit comes with a car wash shampoo, a liquid wax, and a high gloss gel, quick detailer, and interior detailer in a 16-ounce bottle, 2 clay bars of 50 grams each packed in a clamshell container, containers having PlastX and ScratchX each, a microfiber cloth, etc. Apart from the bucket, this is a complete care kit.
- Has a microfiber mitt along with a towel
- Exclusive pricing
- Cleaning gel specially designed for the headlight
- All-inclusive products
- Specific products make their use a bit complicated
#5 Mofeez Car Cleaning Tools Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
This is a perfect kit to clean your car that comes with 9 pcs. All the tooling pieces are made of soft, sturdy, and durable material that doesn’t leave any scratches on your vehicle while using. The 9 pieces are inclusive of brushes, sponge, cloth, and other cleaning tools that are highly useful and helps in increasing the shine and keep your car looking good for a long time.
The kit is applicable for all types of vehicles including a truck, auto, van, and motorcycle, and is considered as one of the better packages under-car care kits.
- 9 useful pieces
- Soft & sturdy material
- Multiple automobile use
- May not be considered as a complete car care kit
The auto detailing kits for car care is available in all sizes, shapes and, prices with a long list of providers. The products that these kits may include can vary from soaps for car washing to car wax and all the other details in between, that aims to serve almost every conceivable part of one’s car, whether it is interior or exterior. Following are the features that you should consider while buying an auto detailing kit:
- Non-Abrasive Products Are Always Worth– To prevent scratches verify that the car wash shampoo and the cleaners encompassed aren’t abrasive. Meaning, the abrasive dirt, and grime shouldn’t move around while scrubbing the car. To protect the car paint it is of sheer importance that the car shampoo and cleaners that you use are non-abrasive.
- Eco-friendly Options– In a world full of ecological problems, many people out there are anxious about seeking non-toxic car care products that are ecologically safe and are also easy on their health. The list provided above has been short-listed considering its impact on the ecological balance of the world.
- Price– Look for a trusted brand that provided all the products for car detailing at affordable prices.
- Products to look for in Car Detailing kits–
- Shampoo: A quality shampoo is a must-have product in any cleaning kit. Make sure shampoo is available to provide the overall washing on the exterior of your vehicle.
- Cream wax/Polish: Waxing or polishing provides a shinier look to any vehicle. It also helps in fighting the dirt and dust and keeps your car looking cleaner for a longer time. A quality wax cream gives the best results in preventing your car’s metal.
- Glass Cleaner: Your car’s glass needs special attention while cleaning. Specific glass cleaners have chemicals that work in providing ultimate transparency to all the glasses of your car.
- UV-resistant: No matter how many products you have in your kit, make sure the chemicals or adhesives used in the products do not damage the original color and shine of your vehicle. A UV-resistant product is always preferable.
- Scratch/Microfiber cloth: Last but not the least, every car detailing kit should have a scratchx or at least a microfiber cloth to do most of the cleaning task.
How to use an auto detailing kit?
Never start cleaning your car in direct sunlight. Even if the car detailing kit you are using has UV protection, the chemicals or liquids may not give you perfect results in the heat and the hot surface of your car.
Always use clean and separate cloths or towels for specific cleaning. Just washing and using the same material for all types of cleaning activity may contaminate the results.
Steps to follow while cleaning your car with car detailing Kit:
- Give a low-pressure wash with water to your car before starting actual cleaning.
- Clean the tires and rims first that are most prone to dirt and dust due to continuous running. Use the wheel spray (part of wheel cleaners) on the rims and let it remain for a bit before hosing off.
- Begin washing the car with shampoo. Use two buckets, one filled with shampoo water, the other with clean water. Use a mitt to clean off the car body from top to bottom. Wash the car with clean water once shampoo water is spilled all over.
- Use a microfiber towel or cloth to dry the surface after washing. You may need multiple clothes to dry off the water.
- Use a clay bar or detailing mitt to rub the whole body that gives smoothness to apply polish.
- Apply the car wax or polish with a buff pad to generate maximum shine and cleanliness.
Note: Apply car wax or polish only when it is required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is car detailing worth it?
Answer: Yes, regularly detailing your car keeps it clean and maintains its original appearance. In the long run, this is good for your vehicle maintenance and resale value.
- Is it necessary to empty the car before detailing?
Answer: It is better to empty your car while doing interior detailing. The liquid and shampoo may spoil your valuables if spilled out. Exterior detailing does not require emptying your vehicle.
- What is the cost of car detailing kits?
Answer: A complete car detailing kit should not cost more than $50.
Conclusion: Restore and protect your vehicle’s original looks with auto detailing kits
At last, it comes down to individual choice and preference for cleaning they want to achieve with car wash. A simple car wash may not add any significant value to your car’s appearance nor does it provides any additional protection. Car washing centers may demand a specific schedule, extra cost, and time and still lack competency.
Car detailing kits does require some physical effort but pays rich dividends in terms of saving lots of time and money on your car maintenance.