One of the most common and natural aspects of driving is changing lanes, overtaking, and parking. In doing so, the driver has to glance at relevant mirrors to check the presence and distance of other vehicles to avoid any mishap or major accident.
Blindspot is an area that is most critical and cannot be observed attentively by the driver while controlling the vehicle. Blind spots are caused due to blockage of view through the uncovered area in side-view mirrors, rearview mirrors, and windshield pillars. Such obstructions can lead to serious damage and fatal accidents, especially on speedy highways.
One of the useful object to support the visibility in side-view mirrors is a blind spot mirror. These are a must-have item that fits easily on the overall side view mirrors to ease the change of lanes and drive peacefully.
The Benefits Of Having Blind Spot Mirrors
- Avoid Accidents: For obvious reason, you don’t want to hit another vehicle that may be running or approaching in the same lane but you are unable to spot it completely.
- Easy Identification: Secondly, a motorcycle or a bicycle are the worst hits in road accidents because of their in-disciplined driving and can be easily identified through blind spot mirrors.
- Reduce Stress: A blind spot mirror is also useful in reducing physical stress caused due to regular movement of your neck. It also eases mental stress while driving.
- Ease of Parking: Reverse and side parking becomes much easier with blind-spot mirrors as they provide a clear view of the parking area.
Best Blind Spot Mirrors For Cars In 2020
We have some best blind spot mirrors for cars available in the market to choose from and honestly reviewed below.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Ampper Blind Spot Mirror
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
One of the best blind spot mirrors for cars is provided by Ampper; it is a great product at a great price. Its convex HD built provides the drivers with a clearer view of the lanes and streets. This is the best blind spot mirror for cars, vans, RVs, SUVs, trucks, and other automobiles.
The package contains 2 blind spot mirrors with a rotating bracket attached; these provide you complete 360° view while driving. The back-end has a 3m adhesive to stick the product on the side-view mirror. Mirror body is rust and water-resistant, therefore you are choosing a product that lasts long, performs well, and gives you a clear view.
Rust-resistant and Waterproof
Mirror has no frame
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Essential Contraptions Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The blind spot mirrors by Essential Contraptions are indeed the best blind spot mirrors for cars. They fit the side-view glasses perfectly just as they fit in your budget range. The frame of these mirrors is made from aluminum, making it durable and serviceable. Essential Contraptions mirrors come in a pack of four, making it a bargain buy; thee fulfill all duties of a blind spot mirror adequately.
While sticking these mirrors on the side-view glass, maintain precaution & make sure that you proper view of the lanes. However, this is one of the drawbacks as the users criticize limited movement and adjustment.
Pack of 4 mirrors
Sturdy aluminum frame
#3 Utopicar Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
Get a clean and clear view of the blind spots by using one of the best blind spot mirrors for cars- Utopicar Blind Spot mirrors! With the sleek frameless design of these mirrors make it easier for the driver to see the blind spots better. These mirrors will blend in with the looks of your car and prove out to be very assistive when driving in traffic.
There is a 3m adhesive strip for attaching the blind spot mirror to the side mirrors. Their semi-rectangular shape renders a sleek style and provides a wider view of the roads to the driver.
#4 Fit System C0400
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
If you do not like large blind spot mirrors covering most of your side-view glasses, then you can try the Fit System C0400. You can stick these on the small corners of your mirrors and get a clear view of the streets. They have strong adhesive glue that does not get off with dust or water; you can enjoy your rides even on uneven roads.
You can drive through the crowded streets and tight lanes safely. Their small size can be deceptive since they give the driver a proper view of the blind spots efficiently. They have a thick plastic frame; this, however, reduces the adjustability and manual handling options.
#5 WadeStar RM10 Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
With the changing models and segments of cars, there is a varying requirement of blind spot mirrors. While few mirrors can be used with specific cars only, there are a few mirrors like WadeStar RM10 that have a universal use for various automobiles. You can have a safe ride at night; they can be easily attached and used.
The package will contain two square-shaped blind spot mirrors; these fit the corners of the side-view glasses perfectly. Stick these on the lower or upper outer corners or the mirrors and you can have a wide view of lanes.
Decent mirror size
Ideal for trucks
Not compatible with few cars
#6 Liberrway Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
One of the most functional and good looking products in this list of best blind spot mirrors for cars. It has got the aesthetic appeal to it and delivers a vast blind spot view. Liberrway mirrors have a pivoting back fixture which enables readjustments after sticking these on the side-view mirrors. This feature can be used for readjusting the mirror for up to 20° in all directions.
The mirror set is IP65 waterproof and rust-repelling; all these qualities make these blind spot mirrors last long. The design is fairly slim and sufficient for having a good look at the blind spots.
Swivel back is slightly loose
#7 Total View Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
One another functional blind spot mirror- Total View 360 TV! The package comes with two powerful and rugged mirrors with manual adjustment features. You can save yourself and your car form any accidents or bumps by using these while driving.
The seamless adjustment of the mirrors gets you the clearest view of the blind spots; one can use these mirrors on all segments of cars. Their rectangular shape is ideal for a wider view and strong framing enables the mirrors to last long; the installation process is easy as well. However, the swivel pattern can get loose over time.
Fitting for most cars
Easy rotation and adjusting
Apt concave style
The swivel may cause trouble
#8 Custom Accessories 71121
Product Rating: 3.9 / 5
For all who are trying to get the best blind spot mirrors for cars at the best price are highly advised to get the Custom Accessories 71121. These are a quick install, lightweight, and serviceable product with a 360° rotation capability. Say goodbye to the blind spots and welcome in these two-piece mirrors.
They might look small on the first look but these mirrors can get you a wide view of the roads. They have an adhesive tape-back fixture; this eases the installation and usage. These can be used by a multitude of cars, SUVs, vans, RVs, and various other vehicles.
Works with various car segments
Easy & quick installation
Product size is small
#9 GoToShop Puzzle
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
If your quest is for finding unique and unconventional car accessories, then Gotoshop Puzzle mirrors could be just what you are looking for. These Rearview blind spot mirrors can get you a clear and better view of the lanes behind with ease. These mirrors are weather and waterproof, no more worrying about losing your blind spot glasses at the car wash or bumpy roads.
The glass is made from ABS; it won’t get scratched or cracked easily; you can rely on these for a long time. The sizing and circular shape of these mirrors are befitting for most side-view glasses.
No rust or corrode
Functional shape and size
#10 Kitbest Blind Spot Mirror
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
Kitbest has provided this list one of the best blind spot mirrors for cars, SUVs, vans, trucks, and other vehicles. With complete rotation ability and a 30° sway feature, you can get a better glance into the blind spots. They are shaped triangularly to make easy fitting and installation on the outer corners of the side-view glass.
These look a part of the vehicle rather than an accessory addition; ultra-thin and frameless style of these mirrors makes them popular in the market. Not only these but these mirrors are also rust-proof and water-resistant, this enhances the lastingness of the product. The mirrors can be installed with the help of adhesive tape.
Design not for small mirrors
This could be a tricky decision. You must consider all your options before making a choice. You should know about the durability of the mirrors, their additional properties, their pricing, and so many more. Before we dive into the factors to consider before buying blind spot mirrors, let’s check out the advantages of owning these useful products:
- Convenient in Changing Lanes
- Controlled and Safe Overtaking
- Ease in Reversing
- No Over-straining for Necks
- Easy Drive through Tight Spaces
Now, let’s check out the determining aspects for choosing the ideal blind spot mirrors for you and your car.
Features to look while buying best blind spot mirrors
- Sizing, Shape & Fitting- One of the first questions that come up in the buyers' minds is what size mirror will be suitable for them? Even if these mirrors are useful, you cannot find a one size fits all solution for this. When scouting for ‘the mirror’ you must consider your comfort in seeing the images. The size should be fitting, not too large not too small so that you can have an appropriate view of the streets. Our list of hand-picked blind spot mirrors consists of some of the best consumer-rated products in different shapes and sizes; you may be able to find your fit in these. While most available mirrors are circular, we have brought mirrors shaped triangular, square, and rectangle. Your comfort in using comes first in all decisions.
- Frame- Blindspot mirrors are available with frames and without frames. These fixtures can be made from different materials like plastic, aluminum, or any other; hence you should pay proper attention while deciding frame or no frame. This could affect the mirror durability as well, therefore choose a fixture that is made from lasting materials and is practical. Since the mirrors have to face varying weather and wear, they should have proper support to stay protected. If you reside in a region that experienced a lot of rain, frameless blind spot mirrors might just be for you. However, if you live in an area that has lots of dust, dirt, and pebbles then you must go for the framed ones. The last decision is yours.
- Curvature- This is a factor that is least put to contemplation since most mirrors have approximately the same curvature. Do not forget that the objects in the mirror are closer than they might appear.
- Longevity- Not only for blind spot mirrors, one considers product durability whenever making a buying decision. They think about its lasting built, adhesive strength, weather-resistance, and a mirror that is made of robust materials rather than bulky ones. The mirror should not only look good but also stay for a long time.
- Installation Method- We all think of ease of installing when buying a blind spot mirror or any other product. Almost all mirrors these days come equipped with an adhesive strip. However, there are a few who might not provide these services, so keep an eye out! The easier the installation the better the product.
- Versatility- If you require changing the mirror angles frequently then you must opt for a blind spot mirror with pivoting hinge attachment on its backside. The original mirror may get dirty or loose due to a lack of service and overworking. You can have a backup for such situations by using pivoting blind spot mirrors. But, for regular city rides, normal adhesive mirrors might do the work for you.
What is the best place to install the blind spot mirrors
The position may vary depending on individual convenience and visibility. A rear-view mirror may not require these objects as it may distract the view with co-passengers.
The best part to place the blind spot mirrors are side-view mirrors. The size of the mirrors varies between 3-5 inches and can easily fit on your side-view mirrors.
The best place to install these mirrors should be based on your preferred viewing. The top and bottom outside corners are best for outer viewing. However, the critical gap or distance between the edge of your vehicle and other vehicle is also the most important blind spot. So, the top and bottom inside corners should be the optimum choice to install the blind spot mirrors.
The Installation Steps:
- Before installing the blind spot mirrors, clean the host mirrors with water and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Almost all the blind spot mirrors come with a sticky surface that is covered with a paper.
- Remove the paper from the sticky surface and stick it on the desired or preferred part of side-view mirrors.
Understanding the blind spots
Blindspot is a part of a variety of vehicles that includes cars, trucks, aircraft, motorboats, and sailboats. A motorcycle or a bicycle has minimum or no blind spot.
A blind spot occurs in basically three areas of a vehicle. The windshield pillar or A-pillar, the part that connects the area between front glass and windows, the rear, and the side areas. The lack of clear visibility in these areas invites the trouble on road.
The driver visibility further lacks in transport as the rear area is completely blocked by the cargo. Therefore, the surrounded area around the transport or large trucks is called a No-Zone. A no-zone demands additional attention and precaution while overtaking or crossing the lanes.
Good driver visibility is the most important and essential need for safe driving and disciplined traffic.
Conclusion: Are blind spot mirrors worth it?
If you have understood the blind spot and their causes, then you must certainly agree on the importance of controlling these blind spots. The available visibility depending on your car model and regular mirrors may not be enough to suffice the need of viewing the blind spots.
Your driving capabilities also depend on other driver’s experiences and intents. No matter how safe you drive, a small amount of negligence from others may put theirs and your lives at risk. So, for the ease of driving, saving other lives, and having a peaceful mind and journey a blind spot mirror is a useful and important part of every vehicle.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you choose the best blind spot mirrors for your car. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you.