Blindspot is an area that is most critical and cannot be observed attentively by the driver while controlling the vehicle. Blind spots are caused due to blockage of view. This blockage happens because of the uncovered area of side-view, rearview mirrors, and windshield pillars. Such obstructions can be damaging and fatal for you and your vehicle. One of the useful objects to support the visibility in side-view mirrors is a blind spot mirror. In this review post, we will guide you to find the best car blind spot mirrors.
Blindspot mirrors are small glasses made to detect incoming or crossing vehicles. These mirrors can be installed easily on the side portion of the side view mirrors. Blindspot mirrors make it easy to change the lanes, overtaking, and parking.
The benefits of having blind spot mirrors
- Avoid Accidents: Changing lanes and overtaking is one of the common factors while driving. Changing lanes require you to glance through rear and side-view mirrors to check the presence and distance of other vehicles. The two-wheelers such as bikes, or bicycles cannot be detected quickly and may get hit by your vehicle. In such instances, blind spot mirrors will help you spot incoming vehicles and avoid any major accidents.
- Ease of Identification: Rear and side view mirrors do not cover the blind spots easily. It is possible to miss out on the fast-approaching incoming vehicle while twisting to another lane. Blindspot mirror’s size and the degree angles cover the adjacent area of your vehicle’s rear wheels. This makes the spotting and identification of other vehicles easier to control the risk while maneuvering.
- Reduces Stress: Regular glancing and moving your neck to check the side view mirrors is very stressful. Such activity can cause neck and shoulder pains. Continuing driving with stress and pain can be tough and risky. Blindspot mirrors help reduce physical movement significantly. A small glance directly in the blind spot mirror is enough to avoid the dangers on the road and drive peacefully.
- Ease of Parking: Reversing your vehicle is another activity that is prone to risk and accidents. In case of parking, if your vehicle is out of reverse parking camera or sensor services then a blind spot mirror will make the difference. It helps in identifying the crossing pedestrians, and the distance of other vehicles for a safe reversing and timely parking to the desired spot.
5 Best Car Blind Spot Mirrors (2021)
Blind spot mirrors are available in different sizes, and shapes. It is always difficult to choose the best product that can provide a perfect view and balance on your side view mirrors. We will help with our research on 5 best car blind spot mirrors.
#1 Ampper Blind Spot Mirror
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
One of the best blind spot mirrors for cars is provided by Ampper; it is a great product at a great price. Its convex HD built provides the drivers with a clearer view of the lanes and streets. This is the best blind spot mirror for cars, vans, RVs, SUVs, trucks, and other automobiles.
The package contains 2 blind spot mirrors with a rotating bracket attached; these provide you a complete 360° view while driving. The back-end has a 3m adhesive to stick the product on the side-view mirror. The mirror body is rust and water-resistant, therefore you are choosing a product that lasts long, performs well, and gives you a clear view.
- All-embracing fit
- Easy Installation
- Rust-resistant and Waterproof
- Mirror has no frame
#2 WadeStar RM10 Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
With the changing models and segments of cars, there is a varying requirement of blind spot mirrors. While few mirrors can be used with specific cars only, there are a few mirrors like WadeStar RM10 that have a universal use for various automobiles.
You can have a safe ride at night; they can be easily attached and used. The package will contain two square-shaped blind spot mirrors; these fit the corners of the side-view glasses perfectly. Stick these on the lower or upper outer corners or the mirrors and you can have a wide view of lanes.
- Wide-angle view
- Easy attachment
- Decent mirror size
- Ideal for heavy vehicles, SUVs
- Not compatible with few car models
#3 Fit System C0400 Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
If you do not like large blind spot mirrors covering most of your side-view glasses, then you can try the Fit System C0400. You can stick these on the small corners of your mirrors and get a clear view of the streets. They have strong adhesive glue that does not get off with dust or water; you can enjoy your rides even on uneven roads.
You can drive through the crowded streets and tight lanes safely. Their small size can be deceptive since they give the driver a proper view of the blind spots efficiently. They have a thick plastic frame; this, however, reduces the adjustability and manual handling options.
- Economical options
- Great quality
- Compact size
- Plastic frame
#4 Essential Contraptions Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The blind spot mirrors by Essential Contraptions are indeed the best blind spot mirrors for cars. They fit the side-view glasses perfectly just as they fit in your budget range. The frame of these mirrors is made from aluminum, making it durable and serviceable.
Essential Contraptions mirrors come in a pack of four, making it a bargain buy; they fulfill all duties of a blind spot mirror adequately. While sticking these mirrors on the side-view glass, maintain precaution & make sure that you proper view of the lanes. However, this is one of the drawbacks as the users criticize limited movement and adjustment.
- Pack of 4 mirrors
- Sturdy aluminum frame
- Interactive pricing
- Not adjustable
#5 Utopicar Blind Spot Mirrors
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
Get a clean and clear view of the blind spots by using one of the best blind spot mirrors for cars- Utopicar Blind Spot mirrors! The sleek frameless design of these mirrors makes it easier for the driver to see the blind spots better. These mirrors will blend in with the looks of your car and prove out to be very assistive when driving in traffic.
There is a 3m adhesive strip for attaching the blind spot mirror to the side mirrors. Their semi-rectangular shape renders a sleek style and provides a wider view of the roads to the driver.
- Frameless design
- Strong adhesive
- A bit pricey
This could be a tricky decision. You must consider all your options before making a choice. You should know about the durability of the mirrors, their additional properties, their pricing, and so many more. Before we dive into the factors to consider buying blind spot mirrors, let’s check out the advantages of owning these useful products:
- Convenient in Changing Lanes
- Controlled and Safe Overtaking
- Ease in Reversing
- No Over-straining for Necks
- Easy Drive through Tight Spaces
Now, let’s check out the determining aspects for choosing the ideal blind spot mirrors for you and your car.
- Sizing, Shape & Fitting– One of the first questions that come up in the buyers’ minds is what size mirror will be suitable for them? Even if these mirrors are useful, you cannot find a one size fits all solution for this. When scouting for ‘the mirror’ you must consider your comfort in seeing the images. The size should be fitting, not too large not too small so that you can have an appropriate view of the streets. Our list of hand-picked blind spot mirrors consists of some of the best consumer-rated products in different shapes and sizes; you may be able to find your fit in these. While most available mirrors are circular, we have brought mirrors shaped square, and rectangle. Your comfort in using comes first in all decisions.
- Frame– Blindspot mirrors are available with frames and without frames. These fixtures can be made from different materials like plastic, aluminum, or any other; hence you should pay proper attention while deciding frame or no frame. This could affect the mirror durability as well, therefore choose a fixture that is made from lasting materials and is practical. Since the mirrors have to face varying weather and wear, they should have proper support to stay protected. If you reside in a region that experiences a lot of rain, frameless blind spot mirrors might just be for you. However, if you live in an area that has lots of dust, dirt, and pebbles then you must go for the framed ones. The last decision is yours.
- Curvature– This is a factor that is least put to contemplation since most mirrors have approximately the same curvature. Do not forget that the objects in the mirror are closer than they might appear.
- Longevity– Not only for blind spot mirrors, one considers product durability whenever making a buying decision. They think about its lasting built, adhesive strength, weather-resistance, and a mirror that is made of robust materials rather than bulky ones. The mirror should not only look good but also stay for a long time.
- Installation Method– We all think of the ease of installing when buying a blind spot mirror or any other product. Almost all mirrors these days come equipped with an adhesive strip. However, there are a few who might not provide these services, so keep an eye out! The easier the installation the better the product.
- Versatility– If you require changing the mirror angles frequently then you must opt for a blind spot mirror with pivoting hinge attachment on its backside. The original mirror may get dirty or loose due to a lack of service and overworking. You can have a backup for such situations by using pivoting blind spot mirrors. But, for regular city rides, normal adhesive mirrors might do the work for you.
What is the best place to install the blind spot mirrors?
The position may vary depending on individual convenience and visibility. A rear-view mirror may not require these objects as it may distract the view with co-passengers.
The best part to place the blind spot mirrors are side-view mirrors. The size of the mirrors varies between 3-5 inches and can easily fit on your side-view mirrors.
The best place to install these mirrors should be based on your preferred viewing. The top and bottom outside corners are best for outer viewing. However, the critical gap or distance between the edge of your vehicle and other vehicle is also the most important blind spot. So, the top and bottom inside corners should be the optimum choice to install the blind spot mirrors.
The Installation Steps:
- Before installing the blind spot mirrors, clean the host mirrors with water and dry them with a clean cloth.
- Almost all the blind spot mirrors come with a sticky surface that is covered with paper.
- Remove the paper from the sticky surface and stick it on the desired or preferred part of the side-view mirrors.
Understanding the blind spots
Blindspot is a part of a variety of vehicles that includes cars, trucks, aircraft, motorboats, and sailboats. A motorcycle or a bicycle has minimum or no blind spot.
A blind spot occurs in basically three areas of a vehicle. The windshield pillar or A-pillar, the part that connects the area between front glass and windows, the rear, and the side areas. The lack of clear visibility in these areas invites the trouble on road.
The driver visibility further lacks in transport as the rear area is completely blocked by the cargo. Therefore, the surrounded area around the transport or large trucks is called a No-Zone. A no-zone demands additional attention and precaution while overtaking or crossing the lanes.
Good driver visibility is the most important and essential need for safe driving and disciplined traffic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it possible to eliminate the blind spots by adjusting the side view mirrors?
Answer: Adjusting the side view mirrors may improve the detection of blind spots but do not eliminate them completely. The best position is to adjust the driving side mirror and position yourself close to the window to increase the blind spot detections.
- How to set the car mirrors?
Answer: Set the rear-view mirror in a position from where you can see the complete rear area of your vehicle. The side view mirrors should be angled out at 15 degrees for better view and control.
- How should you look for blind spots?
Answer: In the absence of blind spot mirrors, you can perform the blind spot check over your shoulders. Just turning your head and looking over your shoulder right and left is a good posture to check the blind spots.
Conclusion: Save yourself and protect your vehicle with blind spot mirrors
If you have understood the blind spot and its causes, then you must certainly agree on the importance of controlling these blind spots. The available visibility depending on your car model and regular mirrors may not be enough to suffice the need of detecting the blind spots.
Your driving capabilities also depend on other driver’s experiences and intents. No matter how safe you drive, a small amount of negligence from others may put theirs and your lives at risk. So, for the ease of driving, saving other lives, and having a peaceful journey a blind spot mirror is a useful and important part of every vehicle.