Cars have become an essential part of our lives. Today almost all families own a car and modifying or simply protecting the interiors of the car is also the first choice of every car owner. Personalizing your car will give you a feeling of comfort and others will find it much classy. While you may have a number of gadgets that can be used inside your car, your character and style are often judged by the maintenance of your car seats. One of the best methods to enhance the beauty, styling, and value of the car seats is by applying the seat covers. In this post, you will read the best car seat cover reviews.
Seat covers not only provide comfort but also protect the original material of your car seats.
The benefits of having car seat covers
- Car Seat Protection: Your car seats are prone to regular dust, dirt, crumbs, and pet hairs. You cannot avoid the usage of car seats from your children, and pets by having some fun. The best thing to protect the car seat’s original fabric is by putting on seat covers. The seat covers are also helpful in protecting the car seats from the rashes, and damage that props-up because of the regular in and out procedure. Seat covers increase durability and keeps the car seats sustainable for a long time.
- Weather Protection: The weather is another reason to add on the covers for your car seats. The heating sun-rays through the glasses in summer may result in lightening and fading of color and material. During the monsoon, and winter the car seats are vulnerable to stains, and ashes. The seat covers with high-quality material have UV protection features and protect the car seats from harsh weather conditions.
- Improved Looks: Car seat covers come in many styles, colors, and designs. The dual-tone-colored seat covers enhance the overall appearance of your car interiors. The addition of seat covers gives a refreshing look and helps in adding elegance, and style to the car cabin.
- Better Resale Value: The interiors of the car play an important role in judging the overall value of your car. Perfect and good-looking car seats add a boosting amount of value when you plan to sell your car.
5 Best Car Seat Cover Reviews (2021)
If you are finding it difficult to choose the appropriate seat covers for your car then you don’t have to worry. Read our choice of 5 best car seat cover reviews for your informed choice.
#1 EDEALYN Driver and Passenger Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
EDEALYN Driver & Passenger Seat Covers provides multiple features. Being made from heavy-duty faux leather, the interior part of the covers has a heat-insulation and elastic sponge fitting; making it comfortable for long journeys. The cover does not slide off the seats, crediting to the anti-slip silicone layer at the bottom.
The quality of these covers is commendable and one can install these easily in their cars; highly durable and functional. These covers have a stylish and futuristic feel to them that they share with your car interior the moment they are installed.
- Durable Leatherette making
- Fitting for most small and medium-size cars & vans
- Small pouch to store items
- Straps get loose over time
#2 Gorla Premium Universal Fit Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Gorla Premium Universal Fit Seat Covers come in different colors and are made with dust, dirt, water, fun, and sweat-proof material- neoprene. You can have several benefits when you buy these covers. It is a great option for car owners who have pets or children.
The covers have a non-slip back with sturdy straps to fix the cover in place; a great option to select if you have leather seats.
- Robust straps
- Resistant fabric
- It comes with a seat belt protector as well
- Seam glue may spoil the seats
#3 Black Panther PU Car Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Black Panther PU Car Seat Cover is a front seat protector cover that is compatible with almost 90% of vehicles. It is perfectly sewn and made up of 3D PU Leather. It also has a layer of highly flexible sponges for a graceful and luxurious design. The convenient design, easy installation, and universal fitting will protect the seat of your cars effectively.
It goes with cars that are compact, small, medium-size, sedan/ SUV/ van/ truck. It is a single-seat cover and the inner material is made up of hard cotton and sponge with outer material of PU leather.
- Does not slip
- Durable PU leather
- Comprehensive protection
- Easy installation
- Straps cannot be adjusted
#4 BDK All Protective Seat Covers
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
A high-end and modish-looking product by BDK; these for sure are the best seat covers for cars. Buyers are provided with a complete seat cover set along with steering cover and floor mats as well; in different colors. These seat covers are soft to touch since they are made from blended polyester fabric; it is durable, comfortable, and effective.
The covers can be used throughout the year without any complaints; one can easily install them and remove them for cleaning. These are great for cars and users who take long trips regularly.
- Multiple Color range
- Soft and waterproof material
- Complete protection
- Compatible with airbags
- Fabric needs to be more sturdy
#5 Skyrox Neoprene Waterproof Car Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
One other premium seat cover set is put forward by the Skyrox. These are no ordinary neoprene seat covers; they are effective against water, sweat, and dust or dirt stains. With a super easy installation process; you just have to pull these over the seat headrest.
These are great options for athletes, sports players, and gym enthusiasts as they can absorb sweat easily. The anti-slip fixture pattern enables the drivers to use these for a longer duration with ease. These covers are great for getting an edgy look in the car interiors. Few negative reviews include seat staining due to the neoprene fabric.
- Non-slip material
- Easy to remove, clean, and install
- Staining of leather seats
From sophisticated designs to a sleek sporty look, seat covers come in a variety of designs, styles, and brands. It becomes hard to choose the right one. So, here is the seat cover buying guide for cars that will help you select the right one for you. There is a wide range of seat covers available with varied features. Make sure you keep these points in mind while buying one.
- Choosing Quantity: First, decide the number of seat covers you will be needing in your car. You can save here by only buying cover for those seats that are used. For example, if in your car, only the driver’s seat and passenger (front) seat are used, then there is no need of buying covers for the backseats as they won’t be in use often.
- Selecting the Right Material: There are a variety of different materials available for your car that will suit your needs. You need to consider the climate in your region before choosing the material. For instance, leather covers or faux leather covers are not the best options for warm weather. Cotton fiber is usually a good material for warm weather. Neoprene is best for the rainy climate as the material is water-resistant and sheepskin for colder climates. A velvet seat cover is ultra-soft and will give you the feel of luxury. Moreover, it is a spill and stain-resistant material.
- Perfect Fitting: Perfect fitting of the seat cover in the car is very important. Some car seat covers are universal fit but most manufacturers produce covers that fit specific cars only. You need to know the model of your car if you are going for specific ones. Custom-made fitted covers for car seats will be a premium and expensive choice, but they will give your car a classy interior.
- Selecting the Colors and patterns: The color of your seat cover can be different from the original seat, but it has to be according to the interiors and exteriors of the car. Other things to be kept in mind are that lighter shades tend to get stained and dirty easily and darker shades do not get stains but they are very hot in the summers or warmer days. You also need to keep in mind the patterns of the seat cover you are buying. They can be based on your preferences and personality. From the dynamic look to diamond-studded, every possible pattern in car seat covers is available.
- Making Purchase: Before purchasing your chosen car seat cover, you should probably research everything about them on the internet. From different color options available to the number of warranty years, everything should be known before making a purchase. You will also have to make sure that the cover you purchase is durable and of good quality. You do not want it to fade away or torn within a few months of purchase. Some of the most popular high-quality fabric materials include nylon, polyester, and canvas. Unfortunately, none of these materials are as durable as leather.
How to maintain the car seat covers in good condition?
Follow the below steps to maintain your car seat covers in good health and sustainable for a long time:
- Use the vacuum to suck out the dirt, crumbs, and pet hair from all the seats.
- Clean the seats with a cloth and warm water and then apply quality liquid, or soap to wash the seat covers.
- Let the seats dry, and clean them with a dry cloth.
- Now rub the conditioner specific to the seat cover material basis the instructions and buff it with a microfiber cloth to generate the cleanest and shiniest result.
Note: Most of the car seat covers are washable or can be cleaned through a specific liquid meant for car interior cleaning. Regular cleaning and maintenance are highly recommended and required to keep the covers in good shape for the long run.
How to install the car seat covers?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are car seat covers worth it?
Answer: Yes, car seat covers help your original car seats from the effects of dirt, dust, harsh weather conditions, pet hairs, etc. In the long run, car seat covers help increase the durability of car seats.
- Should you put car seat covers on leather seats?
Answer: Yes, it is advisable to put car seat covers on leather seats for better protection. Genuine leather material is prone to stains and demands professional cleaning to maintain its shine and durability.
- How much does car seat cover’s cost?
Answer: The car seat covers are not costly. They can be purchased in the range of $20 to $100.
Conclusion: Protect your car seats with car seat covers
Your car interior is as important as your car exterior. Car seats are critical in increasing your car’s interior and enhances its resale value. Remember the seats are regularly used and remain an extremely important part of the car interiors. They need proper care and protection to sustain themselves for a longer period of time.
Car seat covers are additional components to the original seat upholstery. Seat covers help in protecting the original material as well as spice up the cabin with its beautiful design, style, and colors.
Not having car seat covers may lead to early aging of the material, fading and spoiling of the seat colors, and impacting the overall cabin appearance. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars in replacing the seats, it is better to purchase long-lasting and affordable seat covers.