A steering wheel is an important part of all types of vehicles. The steering wheel should be moved with the hand in circular motions and should be used with caution and care to avoid injury. If you find yourself in a situation where your steering wheel is getting dirty and filthy, it may be time to invest in some form of protection. One of the parts associated with the protection of the steering wheel is the steering wheel cover. This post will help you with the best car steering wheel cover reviews.
It’s a well-known fact that steering wheel covers can help improve your car interior and provide better convenience and control to the driver. So, continue reading to find the most popular and highly rated steering wheel cover brands.
The benefits of having car steering wheel covers
- Better Grip: Proper gripping of the steering wheel is very critical to your driving. The steering wheel tends to get slippery with the impact of weather conditions and continuous usage. A steering wheel cover can resist the different temperatures and produces a useful grip for better control.
- Steering Wheel Protection: The steering wheel is the most-used part of your vehicle. Regular usage can bring early aging and generates wear and tear on the wheel. By covering the steering wheel with a wheel cover you can prevent wear and protect the original material inside from early aging.
- Improves Cabin Interiors: You will find steering wheel covers in many colors and designs. This makes them a decorative product to enhance your interior cabin appearance. A dual-tone steering wheel cover matching your vehicle’s interiors such as dashboard and seat covers may increase visibility and provides a sleek-looking interior cabin.
- Weather-Protection: Protection from the weather is another advantage you get from steering wheel covers. If you’re a part of a hot region, the impact of heat keeps the steering wheel hotter which becomes hard to use. A weather-protectant steering wheel cover can keep your hands cool and makes it easier to continue your journey in hot weather.
5 Best Car Steering Wheel Cover (Reviews 2021)
With the presence of so many products and options under steering wheel covers, you may get confused and find it hard to choose the right one for your own use.
We have done our research to help you with 5 best car steering wheel covers below:
#1 Valleycomfy Microfiber Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
This Valleycomfy steering wheel cover is a universal-fit product that can suit most modern vehicles. Made of high-quality microfiber leather it can easily fit the middle-size steering wheels between 37cm to 39cm.
You will feel relaxed with the soft padding, and enjoy your ride with a better grip. The all-resistant feature is an added advantage on this odor-free steering wheel cover that is completely safe for your health.
- Breathable material with soft padding
- Heat, cold, and wear-resistant
- Provides better grip and control
- Easy to install
- Adaptable to most small and mid-size steering wheels
- No installation guide
- It may not fit on larger steering wheels
#2 SEG Direct Black Microfiber Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
SEG Direct Black Microfiber Leather Steering Wheel Cover is made up of quality microfiber leather to provide you maximum comfort and grip. The product is highly durable and heat-resistant.
You will find a tighter grip on the wheel with this wheel cover that remains stable throughout its use. The steering wheel cover material is safe and driver-friendly and is suitable for middle-size steering wheels between 14.5 to 15 inches.
- Provides better grip and stability
- Made of high-quality microfiber leather
- Comes with skid-proof and heat-resistant features
- Available in different colors to suit your vehicle interiors
- The installation is hassle-free
- Lacks universal fitting size
#3 BOKIN Steering Wheel Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
BOKIN Steering Wheel Cover comes with two different fabrics, one for winter and the other for summer. The product is heat-resistant and absorbs sweat quickly. It is made of quality breathable fabric with microfiber leather and viscose.
The ductility material makes it easy to install and provides better grip and control with increased safety. The multi-color steering wheel cover gives your vehicle interior a fashionable look.
- Provides gripping and driving comfort
- Beautiful looking design and colors
- Made of microfiber leather and viscose material
- Installation is a breeze
- Comes with 30-days money-back guarantee
- Viscose material lacks durability
#4 Alusbell Microfiber Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Alusbell steering wheel cover is an eco-friendly and odorless product that provides valuable protection to your vehicle’s steering wheel. It is suitable for middle-size steering wheels for cars, SUVs, vans, and trucks.
It provides resistance from all tough weather environments and keeps the wearing impact away. The anti-slip design gives your hands a better grip and the comfortable leather material is perfect to decorate your car interiors.
- The anti-slip feature provides better grip
- Provides resistance against wear, heat, and cold
- Made of quality leather material
- Value for money
- Color options are limited
#5 Elantrip Sport Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Elantrip Sport Leather Steering Wheel Cover is made of highly breathable leather, that provides comfortable touch and sporty looks to your interiors. The wheel cover is very flexible, and durable owing to the quality standard green inner ring.
The flexibility makes the installation of this wheel cover easier. The long-lasting durability enhances the resistance capabilities against high temperatures. You get this product with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer.
- Universal size
- Sporty design
- Provides high flexibility and durability
- Easy installation process
- Comes with a 12-month warranty
- The product is not custom fit
Though small in nature, but you have to take utmost care and considerations while buying a steering wheel cover. These are the features you should look for:
- Size – With the latest trending changes in the shape of steering wheels it is imperative to choose the correct shape and size of a steering wheel cover. The perfect size ensures there are no loose ends left behind that may get dislodged during the use.
- Type – Different types of steering wheel covers are available for purchase depending on your needs as a driver. For some car owners, the goal is to personalize their interior; for others, it’s a tight and secure grip. Make sure to finalize your category before buying the product.
- Convenience – When you’re driving, it’s important to be aware of the material that your hand is touching. People are more likely to use things they find comfortable, so if you don’t feel good wearing them, you won’t wear it. The steering wheel cover should give a smooth feeling and convenience to your palms.
- Material – Steering wheel cover is available in various materials, including leather and microfiber. Along with their longevity, they add an aesthetic appeal to the interior of a vehicle. To give the right match to your vehicle’s interior you can also find dual-toned color steering wheel covers.
- Durability – The steering wheel is subjected to a lot of wear and tear, but it’s important for your steering wheel cover to be durable enough. A steering wheel cover of good quality material should be the preference to make the most out of it.
- Installation – The installation process of a steering wheel cover should be easy and should not require much effort. In the DIY scenario, this becomes important to avoid any potential impact on the original material.
How to install steering wheel cover?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do steering wheel covers damage the steering wheel?
Answer: No, steering wheel covers do not damage the steering wheel. Instead, they protect and prevent the steering wheel from damaging factors such as weather, environment, and usage.
- What is the best material for steering wheel covers?
Answer: Steering wheel covers are available in different materials such as leather, microfiber, plastic, etc. The most durable, protective, and convenient material for steering wheel covers is leather.
- Are steering wheel covers expensive?
Answer: No, steering wheel covers are not expensive. You can buy a good-quality steering wheel cover between $15-$40.
Conclusion: Are steering wheel covers worth it?
Steering wheel covers are an excellent way to protect the surface of the steering wheel from dirt and bacteria that can come into contact with your hands when driving.
You’ll never want to drive without a steering wheel cover again once you see how much easier it makes cleaning up after long drives on dusty roads. Not to forget those times when you just need something nice and clean under your fingertips during long commutes.
The best steering wheel cover for your vehicle will depend on how you use it. We recommend our top 5 picks and provide a buying guide to help you make the right decision when purchasing one.