Having an unkempt car can be an eyesore for most people. There is always a lot of trash like empty cans and snacks wrappers that litter the inside of the car. You don’t have to wait until you get to your destination before you sweep out the trash in your car. The solution to this is having a car trash bag. With a trash bag, you can gather all the garbage in one place for easy disposition. In this article, we have reviewed the best car trash bags.
The benefits of having car trash bags/cans
- Enjoy your bite: You don’t have to resist your cravings for your favorite food/snack. Enjoy your bites and forget the worry of storing and throwing the garbage on the way. Trash bags are the best option to stash all the dirty stuff inside and keep your vehicle clean.
- No mess: Your car looks clean and tidy courtesy of trash bags. With all the dirty mess and garbage stored inside the trash bag, you don’t have to worry about your vehicle’s interior cleanliness.
- Easy fitting: The trash bag’s design and weight make it easier to strap it to the backseat or place it anywhere inside your vehicle. The trash bags can be emptied and re-used anytime making them durable for long journeys. The trash bags also come with a closing lid to avoid the spilling of garbage around.
- Floor mat protection: Cleaning your vehicle’s floor mat is one of the tedious tasks. One of the main reasons for dirty floor mats is the spilled garbage from food and drinks. Trash bags are beneficial in reducing your efforts of floor mat cleaning providing it perfect protection from the dirty mess.
- Multi-purpose Usage: The main purpose of trash bags is meant for garbage storing. Irrespective of their design, trash bags can be carried along and used at your home or office apart from traveling making it a multi-purpose usage item.
Best Car Trash Bags in 2021
There are many inferior trash bags out there. So, to help you make a good choice, we have selected the best car trash bags for their durability and quality. Continue to read as we review the 5 best car trash bags in the market.
#1 IPELY Universal Car Back Seat Headrest Trash Can
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
This trash bag is unique in its design. It can easily be looped around the headrest for easy reach. This is a durable product made from high-quality Oxford fabric. The good thing about this bag is that the fabric is machine-washable. It comes with a belt to hold the bag in place.
There is a Velcro adjustment on the bottom side of the bag. It has an elastic top opening so it can be opened and closed with ease. The IPELY trash bag can be used in the car, home, office, etc. It has no drawstring and keeps the trash well contained until it is emptied.
- Extremely affordable
- Durable and compact
- Leak-proof design
- Adjustable belt
- Too small for some people
#2 Drive Auto Products Car Trash Can with Liner
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Keep garbage off the car floor with the Drive Auto Products auto trash can. There is no doubt that Drive Auto Products make some of the best car trash cans on the market. This trash can is big enough to contain most of your trash. It can contain up to 3 gallons of trash.
There are two mesh pockets placed on the two sides of the can for easy bin storage. The product is hand-crafted for exceptional durability and strength. For quick access, the lid is easy to open and can be snapped close for proper garbage containment. It is compact enough not to make the passenger space crowded.
- Comes with 20 disposable liners
- Made in the USA
- Short straps
#3 Lusso Gear Spill-Proof Car Trash Can
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Keep your car garbage-free with the Lusso Gear Trash Can. This is a very flexible trash can that can be hung anywhere in your car. Made with waterproof Oxford and PVC materials, this trash bag is not only durable but also versatile. It takes no effort to open the lid and it closes automatically.
The side pockets with the large zipper provide you with extra storage space. It comes with a hook in case you want to attach an additional bag. There is no frequent emptying with the Lusso Gear trash bag since it can contain 2.5 gallons of trash at once. The liner is leak-proof.
- Easy to install with adjustable strap
- Provides universal fit
- Leak-proof liner
- Made from waterproof materials
- Additional storage space
- A bit pricey
#4 Zone Tech Universal Traveling Portable Car Trash Can
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
The cylindrical shape trash can from Zonetech is lightweight and portable. It has a leak-proof design that helps to protect your car’s interior from beverage spills. Made from 500 denier nylon, the trash can is tear-resistant and durable. It comes with a handy strap that makes it easy to be installed anywhere.
Being a collapsible trash can, it does not take up much space during storage. This bag is very versatile. This is not just a trash bag; it can also serve as a storage bag for toys, clothes, and much other stuff. It can be used in the kitchen, office, and vehicle.
- Leakproof and collapsible
- Strong and durable
- Very inexpensive
- Portable and lightweight
- Weak strap points
#5 Case New Lightweight Neoprene Auto Trash Bag
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The most striking feature of this trash bag is its unique design. This bag is made from eco-friendly neoprene material. It is unbelievably waterproof and leak-proof. Apart from being waterproof, the Case New car trash bag is lightweight, washable, and durable.
It is super easy to use in the car. Just find a place to hang it using the small loop handle. The bag can stretch to contain whatever you want to place in it. You can find this trash bag in 10 different designs. There is a Velcro for easy bag closure.
- Great value for money
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable and eco-friendly
- Waterproof and spill-proof
- Easy to wash
- No straps
A car trash bag is an important item in any vehicle. But it is germane you make the right choice because of the many fake products out there. If you want to have a durable and long-lasting car trash bag, you have to go through our buyer’s guide. Reading this guide will help you buy a quality product once and for all. Below is what you must consider before buying a car trash bag.
- Disposable vs. reusable – Car trash bags are categorized into disposable and reusable. Disposable trash bags can only be used once and thrown away but the reusable bags can be used many times and come with in-built liners to make them waterproof and leak-proof. The reusable ones can be washed over and over again. If you don’t fancy washing trash bags, you should go for disposable bags.
- Capacity – How big is the bag? This is the first thing you must consider. If you travel long journeys frequently with friends and family, it makes sense to invest in a large bag. But if you travel alone, there is no point in going for a large bag. A small and portable one will just be enough. The largest capacity you can find in the market is three and a half gallons. This should be enough to contain all the garbage without stopping the car every 10 or 15 miles to empty the trash.
- Waterproof – Investing in a waterproof car trash bag will save you a lot of stress in the long run. Having a waterproof bag is not just enough; it should also be leak-proof. These two features are important in case there are drink cans and coffee cups that drips out a liquid that may spoil your car’s interior.
- Easy cleaning – Trash bags get very messy a lot of the time. As such, you must consider the ease of cleaning before purchasing one. Most of the products are easy to wipe since they are made from synthetic fabric. For convenience, choose a machine-washable trash bag.
- Mounting system – Look at the mounting system before you choose a trash bag. Some have straps that can be hung around the backrest while others have a loop handle for hanging on a stick or a standalone bar.
- Material – The material used in making the product will determine its durability. For reusable car trash bags, they are mostly made with synthetic fabrics. Some of them are strong. The disposable bags are made using PE plastics. In most cases, reusable car trash bags are more durable than disposable ones.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the cost of a car trash bag?
Answer: A car trash bag can cost between $10 and $30
- What is the best car trash bag capacity?
Answer: The capacity will depend on the volume of trash you get daily. No matter the amount of garbage you accumulate, it is better to go for a bag with a large capacity. This will stop you from emptying your trash bag too frequently. You can go for 1, 2, or 3 gallons capacity.
- Can a trash bag be used as a liner?
Answer: Yes, but it is not recommended since the dimension may not the same as the main trash bag you want to use with it.
Conclusion: Keep your car always clean with trash bags/cans
Having a trash bag/can in your car costs almost nothing to you. What you gain is a good, neat, and clean-looking car, lots of space, and happy kids. The trash bags are designed with material that is long-lasting, washable, leakproof, and re-usable. These units are easy to carry, flexible, and most importantly durable.
We hope you can easily make a good choice after going through our review of the 5 best car trash bags.