Dropping your belongings anyhow in your car trunk can make things look disorganized. It is an eyesore to see your belongings fly out and get damaged. Organizing items such as groceries, gear, and other accessories make your car look neat and clean. In most cases, there are even more belongings than the car can contain. One of the best ways to get your belongings well organized is by using the best car trunk organizer. Car trunk organizers make everything look compact so the car can stay clean always. In this review, let us find the best car trunk organizers.
Car trunk organizers are designed in different sizes and forms some of them come with compartments to conform to your needs and purposes.
The benefits of having car trunk organizers
- Accessible Trunk: If you own a car that falls into the category of a hatchback or that doesn’t have a conventional trunk then you must have a trunk organizer. The trunk organizer provides you additional space to arrange your stuff that is easily accessible inside your vehicle.
- Organized luggage: A trunk organizer is not as spacious as your car’s original trunk but it helps you organize some of the needy stuff in one place. It reduces the time and effort you need to spend in reaching out for things stored inside your trunk.
- Convenience: If you’re a frequent traveler who spends maximum time inside the vehicle then a trunk organizer is a handy option for you. Imagine the stuff you have to carry to and fro every day that keeps lying unattended and makes your car look messy. Trunk organizer gives you the convenience of keeping your daily products in one place hassle-free.
- Compact: The size and material make the trunk organizers the most compact and sturdy pieces of luggage storage. When not in use they can be easily carried along, folded, and left anywhere inside the vehicle without disturbing your car’s original space.
- Peaceful Driving: Forget worrying about the jerks, and curves you have to take while driving that results in falling or spilling of your items. The sturdiness and design of trunk organizers prevent damage to your valuables making your drive peaceful.
5 Best Car Trunk Organizers in 2021
If you are contemplating purchasing a car trunk organizer for the first time, we have got you well covered. Here are 5 best car trunk organizers you can find in the market.
#1 Starling’s Car Trunk Organizer
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
If you are looking for a sturdy car trunk organizer, Starling’s Car Trunk Organizer is your best bet. It has got collapsible compartments for easy storage. This product comes with 3 tie-down straps so your belongings can firmly stay in place.
The base is well reinforced for strength and stability. Some of the features include 14 pockets, 8 plastic buckles, 4 eyelets, and 2 strong handles. Others are 1 inside pocket and strong fabric made from 1680D premium Oxford fabrics.
- Adjustable securing straps
- Made from high-quality materials
- Strong carrying handles
- Versatile and durable
- Not an ideal product for Hatchbacks
#2 Fortem Car Trunk Organizer
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The Fortem car trunk organizer is designed for SUV trucks. It comes with multiple compartments so you can neatly organize items such as groceries, electronic accessories, tools, and equipment. It is foldable when not in use. Its construction is strong and sturdy with solid wall sides.
The base has got a reinforced base for extra strength. Some of the other features include strong handles and durable buckles; pockets come with lids and adjustable straps.
- Solid and strong sidewalls
- Quality and impressive design
- Plenty of room for storage
- Removable dividers
- Stays in place firmly
- Not waterproof
#3 Trunkcratepro Collapsible Multi-Compartments Trunk Organizer
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
This trunk organizer is very portable and compact. It comes with four storage space alongside two sub-dividers that helps you to improvise. There is a slider that allows you to easily customize and create different sizes of compartments to suit your needs.
For easy transportation, you can count on durable and strong strap handles. To resist impact while driving, the trunk is sturdily built with a thick PVC mesh. This is a versatile organizer that can be used at the back of the vehicle seat.
- Easy to use and install
- Divider and slider are removable
- Versatile and sturdy
- Easily customizable
- Straps may break
#4 OxGord Auto Trunk Storage Organizer
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
If you are looking for a trunk organizer with plenty of storage versatility, then, the OxGord Trunk Organizer is well recommended. There are three main compartments. There are also other five smaller compartments. It is easy to use since it requires no installation.
Just unfold the organizer and start organizing your stuff. It fits both the front and back seats of different vehicles such as cars, SUVs, trucks, vans, and jeeps. The best part of it is that it does not slide.
- Durable and compact
- Comes with plenty of space
- No assembly is needed
- Versatile and sturdy
- Folds down for easy storage
- Handles look flimsy
#5 Luso Gear Car Seat Organizer
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Eliminate the chaos in your car trunk with the Luso Gear Organizer. The adjustable organizer is compact and durable. There are two large compartments and nine other smaller ones to comfortably organize your belongings. You will like the ergonomic handles that come with an easy grip.
Transporting it from one point to another is hassle-free due to its portability. The seat belt can be used to hold the organizer in place. With this organizer, there are no more spills, slides, or slips. When not in use, the organizer can be folded down to the size of a purse for easy storage.
- Portable and compact
- Durable construction
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- Can be secured with a seatbelt
- Very roomy and handy
- Not water-resistant
Choosing the best car trunk organizer is not an easy task. Before you purchase one, there are a few considerations you must have at the back of your mind. Here are the things you must look out for before purchasing a car trunk organizer.
- Purpose – Understanding the need and purpose of buying the organizer is the very first thing. Once the purpose is known, then, you will be able to pick an organizer that fits your need. A trunk organizer for grocery purposes won’t be ideal for camping purposes.
- Foldable or collapsible – The two types of trunk organizers are collapsible and foldable organizers. The collapsible ones can be collapsed into a small size for easy storage while the foldable ones can be folded down. Decide if you want a foldable or collapsible one.
- Material – This is one of the most important factors that should be considered on purchasing a trunk organizer. The material used in making the organizer will determine its durability. A durable organizer will be able to withstand abuse thereby lasting for a long time. Trunk organizers are made of polyester but polyesters come in different grades. We recommend you look out for an organizer made of 1680D polyester or 600D polyester.
- Size – You don’t need a trunk organizer that is longer than your car’s trunk. The organizer should fit the trunk like a hand in a glove. So, you must measure your trunk and you should get a trunk organizer based on the measured size.
- Compartments – Another critical consideration is the number of compartments the trunk organizer has. The more the compartments, the better you can organize your stuff. But you don’t need more compartments than necessary. The volume of your accessories or belongings should determine the number of compartments you need. If you have to organize four accessories, then, you will need four compartments.
- Ease of carrying the organizer – It makes no sense if your organizer is difficult to carry after loading it with your stuff. This is why you should choose an organizer that has straps all around it with ergonomic handles. This also makes the organizer easy to transport from one place to another. Weight should be considered too. A light organizer will be easy to carry. A light organizer should weigh between 3 pounds to 5 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why do I need a waterproof trunk organizer?
Answer: Not too many consider going for a waterproof organizer. After all, an organizer is placed under a trunk where no liquid can reach. But if liquids are part of the items you carry all the time, you must consider a waterproof organizer. A waterproof organizer stops liquid from getting into your trunk and mess it up.
- Can extra compartments be bought for my organizer?
Answer: Of course, yes. You can buy extra compartments for your organizer. But this will depend on the model of your trunk organizer. Look at the design and see if it has more space to accommodate more compartments.
- What is the maximum weight a trunk organizer can support?
Answer: The weight a car trunk organizer can support will depend on many factors like the material. Having said that, it is important you check for the holding capacity of your organizer. Some can hold 10 pounds while others can hold up to 50 pounds of weight.
Conclusion: Increase your car’s trunk storage capacity with trunk organizers
You can’t go wrong with a trunk organizer. There are many trunk organizers out there depending on the needs and purposes.
Car trunk organizers are extremely versatile and durable products. You don’t have to worry about spending too much on trunk organizers as you hardly lose anything. What you gain is a compact and convenient option to stack your things in one place leaving your original trunk space for additional luggage.
Apart from organizing the items inside the vehicle, it can be also used at home or office for the same purpose.