There are instances when you take your family out on a long drive. Enjoying the food, playing around, and creating a mess inside the car is natural. What it leaves behind is a dirty and untidy car cabin. Your car may remain dirty if the cleaning is not done for a few days. If you don’t like cleaning and brushing your car interiors then, it is high time you invested in a car vacuum cleaner. In this post, you will find the best car vacuum cleaner reviews.
A vacuum cleaner is an important piece of equipment for car owners who cannot stand the sight of dirty dashboards and upholstery. They are portable and powerful enough to get into any part of the vehicle.
The benefits of having a car vacuum cleaner
- Clean & Tidy Car Interiors: The powerful vacuum cleaner blowers do the perfect job of cleaning the car interiors. They can easily suck out all types of dirt, dust, grime, food items, etc. Compared to manual dusting and cleaning, the vacuum cleaners are helpful in cleaning the minute dust particles that settle down on car flooring, and seats. With a few minutes of vacuum cleaner performance, you can keep your car looking always clean and tidy.
- Effortless Cleaning: You will need multiple items to clean the car interiors manually. It also requires tremendous effort to reach out for every corner and edge of your car for cleaning. Not to forget the instruments such as a brush, cleaning broom, or a cloth that will have to be used repeatedly. It may take hours of cleaning to get the best results. This is where a simple plug-in or a charged vacuum cleaner will do its job effortlessly within minutes.
- Easy Handling & Storage: Automobile vacuum cleaner comes in compact sizes for easy storage. They can be stored in your vehicle’s trunk and carried along for anytime usage. For some vacuum cleaners, you just need a 12-volt plug-in outlet in your car to use them for cleaning. The vacuum cleaners are also easy to handle owing to their lightweight and compact design.
- Save Cleaning Cost: In the absence of a vacuum cleaner, you will have to spend more effort on manual cleaning or more cost on professional cleaning. Simple washing and cleaning at automobile centers will cost you more as this could be your recurring cost for repeated cleaning services in a month. Vacuum cleaners are durable, consume less power, and provide powerful service that will save you lots of cleaning costs.
5 Best Car Vacuum Cleaner Reviews (2021)
There are plenty of options in the market. It is either you choose a corded vacuum cleaner or a cordless one. In this post, we have selected the best vacuum cleaners based on their functionality, durability, and build quality. Here are the 5 best car vacuum cleaner reviews to help you make an enduring choice.
#1 Vacmaster 12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum (VBV1210)
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Most car owners may not show interest in purchasing a 12-gallon vacuum cleaner. However, it is ideal for large vehicles like the SUV. It comes with a 5-horsepower motor to offer great suction. It is large enough to contain a lot of filth before emptying the tank.
What makes this vacuum cleaner stand out is that it has a detachable blower with a maximum 210 MPH blowing speed. The vacuum cleaner has two extension wands; 7 feet long hose, blower nozzle, car nozzle, 8-inch utility nozzle, a cartridge filter, crevice tool, and air/noise diffuser.
- Powerful and versatile
- 210 MPH blowing speed
- Excellent performance
- Large 12-gallon tank
- Detachable blower
- A bit pricey
#2 BISSELL Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet/Dry Car Vacuum
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The BISSELL vacuum cleaner is lightweight with heavy-duty performance. This is not your typical vacuum cleaner. It is like the vacuum you see at the carwash. Its 32-foot flexible hose makes it an excellent choice. This is a 12 AMP vacuum cleaner that picks up both dry and wet debris. You can use it in the car, garage, and workshop.
It comes with seven versatile attachments and an accessory bag to easily clean up the floor, carpet, and upholstery. With a 4-gallon dirt tank, you can store a lot more dirt before emptying the tank. It is easy to mount with the included mounting kit. The power cord is 5-feet long.
- Sucks up wet and dry dirt
- Easy to use
- LED indicator to show you when the tank is filled up
- 32-feet long hose
- 4-gallon tank ideal for car cleaning
#3 Shark CH951 Ultra-Cyclone Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
If you are looking for a handheld cordless vacuum cleaner, the Shark CH951 is highly recommended. It is built with two powerful cyclonic air streams for exceptional suction. It also comes with a long-lasting filter and a durable motor. The vacuum is powered by a lithium-ion battery for ease of operation.
There are a crevice tool and a scrubbing brush to help you clean hard-to-reach areas in your car to easily remove stuck-on debris. With the CleanTouch dirt ejector, dirt can be disposed of hands-free. The vacuum is extremely lightweight. This makes it easy to be used at home office, car or boat.
- Powered by a lithium-ion battery for a cordless operation
- Great suction
- Durable and versatile
- Hands-free dirt disposal
- Long-lasting motor life
- Small storage cup
#4 BISSELL Aeroslim Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
If you are on a tight budget and looking for a functional car vacuum cleaner, the BISSELL AeroSlim is ideal for you. This is a cordless handheld vacuum with a sleek design. It makes use of a lithium-ion battery that is capable of giving you a 12-minute vacuum cleaning.
The battery is easy to charge with a USB charger. For easy customization, the vacuum cleaner comes with a 2-in-1 crevice tool and dusting brush. There is a battery indicator that flashes when the battery is running out of power. This is a great vacuum for the home, office, or car.
- Extremely affordable
- Easy to charge with USB charger
- Sleek and ergonomic design
- Compact enough for easy storage
- Nice suction
- Battery life is not impressive
#5 ThisWorx Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
Keep your car neat and clean with the ThisWorx portable car vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner is specifically designed for cars. The power cord can be plugged into the cigarette lighter receptacle. With the 16-feet power cord, it is long enough for most cars like a sedan.
ThisWorx portable vacuum cleaner is ergonomically designed to make it comfortable to use. It comes with different accessories to allow the vacuum to access difficult-to-reach parts of the cabin. The 8.8 amps motor offers great suction. It is suitable for a 12-volt lighter port. Three all-purpose nozzles are included for easy cleaning.
- Impressive performance
- Portable and lightweight
- Carry bag for ease of storage
- Easy to use
- Average suction
Choosing the best vacuum cleaner is not something that comes easy. This is why you have to consider some factors when purchasing a vacuum cleaner. These are what you should consider if you want a durable and long-lasting vacuum cleaner.
- Wall plug-in – If you want to buy a vacuum cleaner with powerful suction, it is advised you choose one with a wall plug-in. Such vacuum cleaners have enough power to clean stubborn dirt and messes.
- Battery-powered – Battery-powered vacuum cleaners are light and portable. You don’t need a power outlet to charge it. That is one of its advantages. They have powerful suction too but the power can fade as the battery starts to run down.
- Automobile-powered – The automobile-powered version is more portable than the battery-powered one. This type of car vacuum cleaner can be plugged into a 12-volt outlet of the car. Immediately you plug it in, it starts to absorb dirt and messes.
- Amperage – Amperage is another factor you must consider when buying a vacuum cleaner. This affects the proper functioning of the tool. The higher the amperage, the better the performance.
- Tank capacity – If you have a large vehicle and generate a lot of filth, you must choose a vacuum cleaner with a large tank capacity. But if you use a car, a small tank capacity will be enough. An 18-gallon tank is ideal for large vehicles while 4-gallon is perfect for a small car.
- Noise – Check out the noise level of the car vacuum cleaner. You don’t need a vacuum cleaner that would make you wear hearing protection.
- Length of the cord – The length of the cord is another important consideration if you want to reach all the areas of the car. The longer the cord, the better the reach.
- Battery life – For most battery-powered vacuum cleaners, battery life is an issue. Some can last for less than 12 minutes. Choose one that can last at least 30 minutes.
Difference between a corded and cordless vacuum cleaner
It depends on a personal choice to choose between corded or cordless vacuum cleaners as the final outcome is almost the same. Let’s see some of the benefits and deficits of corded and cordless vacuum cleaners for cars:
- Vacuum cleaners with cords are beneficial to be connected with the DC or AC power source of your vehicle.
- One of the important features of a corded vacuum cleaner is the power translation to the electrical socket. This results in higher cleaning efficiency.
- Direct plugging enables deeper and more thorough cleaning saving lots of time.
- You will have to forfeit the advantage as a result of the limited access to power sources with the usage of the same strong apparatus.
- Compared to cordless units, these may be a bit bulky and becomes inconvenient to carry along.
- One of the simplest and best advantages of a cordless vacuum cleaner is being ‘cordless’ which prevents your irritation of carrying a vac with long cords.
- Being cordless gives you more flexibility, reach, and versatility in terms of cleaning your vehicle.
- You can save on your vehicle’s electrical power since these units can be charged separately and can do the job for a reasonable amount of time.
- Cordless vacuum cleaner generally provides less suction power compared to corded units.
- The cordless vacuum cleaners require constant charging if you want to do a cleaning job for long hours.
How to use the vacuum cleaner in a car?
There is no specific method to start cleaning your vehicle, it’s completely up to you to move inside the car with a point to ensure the whole car is totally free of debris and dirt. While performing the vacuuming ensure the doors and windows remain open throughout which may help dissipate stale scents and odors.
Note: Vacuums normally require daily maintenance, so ensure to shut the machine before starting any maintenance and remove the rubbish from the dust box that may cause vacuum failures.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How often should the tank be emptied?
Answer: The best advice is to empty the tank after every use except you have a large tank of 12 or 18-gallon.
- What is the average duration of a vacuum cleaner?
Answer: It all depends on the frequency of its usage. If you do a lot of cleaning regularly, it may last for up to 3 years.
- How much does a car vacuum cleaner cost?
Answer: You will get a quality car vacuum cleaner between $100 and $300.
Conclusion: Keep your car always clean with vacuum cleaners
A car vacuum cleaner is a must-have for any car owner that loves cleanliness. Dirt is an eyesore for many people. This is why a vacuum cleaner is necessary to make your vehicle cabin look clean always. This helps to improve your driving experience too. A clean ambiance makes driving interesting and helps you feel comfortable.
Purchasing a vacuum cleaner is very cost-effective in the long run. Imagine having to pay between $5 and $10 to get your car cleaned all the time. It is like wasting money. You can make a lot of savings by having a vacuum cleaner and do the cleaning yourself since it requires no technical skill.