It can be a dangerous distraction if your phone is placed on the passenger seat, buried in a cupholder, or tugged in your pocket while driving. You want to pick your phone calls hands-free. This is why you need a car phone mounting gear to keep your phone in place. In this post, you will find the best cell phone mounts for car with their pros, cons, and a buyer’s guide.
In this tech era, many car owners use their phones for navigation, stream music, or pick calls. A cell phone mount ensures you do all these without distraction. It reduces distractions and increases your concentration while driving.
The benefits of having cell phone mounts
- Risk-free Driving: Can you drive and talk on your cell phone? Yes, you can but at your own risk. Speaking on a cell phone and driving with one hand poses the risk of accidents. It has been observed that balancing the vehicle gets difficult with one-handed driving which can cause a crash. Cell phone mounts give you an option to take calls on speaker and drive risk-free.
- Entertainment-on-the-go: If you prefer watching your favorites videos, listening to music while driving a cell phone mount makes it possible. Cell phone mounts have flexible installation. They can be adjusted and rotated according to your viewing angle. With their firm grip on a cell phone, you can have entertainment-on-the-go and enjoy your driving.
- Easy Navigation: This is another added benefit of having cell phone mounts. You can use your cell phone as a GPS navigator. The cell phone mount’s rotation feature comes in handy to adjust your cell phone screen for a clear navigation view. Explore new ways and be on time for your favorite destination with easy navigation.
- Easy to carry and store: You can carry and use the cell phone mounts anywhere. Whether it is your office or residence you can utilize the cell phone mounts for multiple tasks. These instruments can be stored in your office or home drawers, vehicle’s glove box or can be left stuck to the installed destination for repeated usage.
- Save Fines and Penalties: Using a cell phone while driving is partially illegal in most countries. The U.S and European regions have strict laws on using a hands-on cell phone for talking while hands-free talking is allowed. This makes the cell phone mounts quite valuable as you can use your cell phone hands-free while driving. It will prevent you hefty fines and more importantly keep your driving safe.
5 Best Cell Phone Mounts for Car (Reviews 2021)
Choosing the right cell phone mount can be overwhelming since there are numerous options out there. We have done the hard work by selecting the best products after extensive research. Here are the 5 best cell phone mounts for car to choose from.
#1 iOttie Easy One Touch Car Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
This car phone mount has a universal fit for different types of smartphones with sizes ranging from 5 and 8 inches. It is designed with a non-gel suction cup for easy windshield phone mounting. It is easy to install and remove without any spots on your windshield. The iOttie car phone is reusable. You can wash the suction cup and leave it to dry. It is fully adjustable.
You can bend the arm and rotate the ball joints to get the positioning that suits you. The user-friendly design allows you to have quick access to the charging slot while the phone is still placed inside the mount.
- Reusable and washable suction cup
- Compatible with phones of different sizes
- Easy to mount and adjust
- The anti-skid rubber protects your phone from scratches
- Compact and user-friendly design
- Does not work well under excessive sunlight
#2 VICSEED Universal Cell Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The VICSEED car phone mount has a magnetic base to make your phone stay in place without any hassles. You can rotate it 360 degrees, adjust the arm and ball joints to give you the best possible viewing angle. The installation is a breeze. With the adhesive and suction locks, you are sure that the car phone mount is securely installed without the fear of falling off.
The sticky base can be easily removed and washed. The sticky base is strong to ensure that it doesn’t slide around. Above all, the car phone mount is sturdy, durable, and stylish.
- Easily adjustable
- Holds the phone in place firmly
- No scratching
- Well built
- Great design
- Specifically designed for dashboard only
#3 COOLPOW Magnetic Car Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
The COOLPOW phone mount stands out from the rest as a magnetic car phone mounts with 360 degrees of rotation. It is easily adjustable with a swivel ball joint. The device can be rotated at will to give you the right viewing angle. The size is so small that it doesn’t take up much space. It can be installed on the dashboard without blocking your view. You can’t beat the adhesive.
The adhesive sticks so firmly between the car phone mount and the dashboard to eliminate the fear of your phone or the mount falling out. The phone mount comes in a two-pack with wide compatibility with many devices.
- 360 degrees easy rotation
- Compact size and clear viewing
- Strong magnetic power
- Powerful adhesive
- Wide compatibility with different devices
- Not suitable for iPads
#4 RTAKO Phone Car Mount
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
You can’t go wrong with the RTAKO phone car mount because it brings you a better driving experience. The 2-in-1 phone car mount can be installed on the dashboard or air vent. If you pick the phone and drop it back into the car mount, it locks in automatically. Installing the phone car mount is super easy and it won’t block air circulation.
You can easily adjust the car phone mount to a suitable viewing angle. It offers full protection for your phone without falling. The car phone mount offers quick access to the phone making you use your GPS conveniently and control your music with the utmost ease.
- Locks in the phone automatically
- Easy access to the charging spot
- Perfect for a phone with a case
- Ease of installation
- Sturdy and durable
- It doesn’t allow wireless charging
#5 CarKit 2-in-1 Car Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
There is no doubt that the CarKit phone mount is one of the best on the market. It comes with a free car charger. This is a great gesture from CarKit. The phone mount is stable and doesn’t move like others. It is easy to install and remove using a quick-release button.
The car phone mount can be installed on the dashboard or vent with increased stability. It fits both vertical and horizontal vent blades. It is compatible with a wide range of phone models since it can extend from 2 inches to 3.75 inches. It is backed by a one-year warranty.
- Stable and sturdy design
- Can either be installed on the dashboard or air vent
- Easy to use and install
- It can be adjusted 360 degrees
- Durable and reliable
- Build quality needs improvement
When choosing a car phone mount, there are some considerations to make. Below are some of the things you have to consider:
- Your phone dimension – This is the very first thing to consider when purchasing a car phone mount. Check the size and dimension of the phone to be sure that it will fit into the phone mount perfectly. Note that even the best car phone mount may not be compatible with a phone that has a screen of more than four inches.
- Usage – The way you would use the car phone mount is another factor. If you would like to use it to view maps, then, you must ensure that the mount can rotate well. This is to ensure that you can view the screen in both portrait and landscape positions.
- Car interior – You must know your car interior very well. If you want to install the car phone mount on the air vent, you must know the dimension of the air vent. Also, try to find out if the car phone mount is suitable for your windscreen. If you have a slanted windshield, then, you should go for the air vent car phone mount.
- Ease of installation – The car phone mount should not be difficult to install. It is DIY and straightforward. The adhesive should be able to hold the base in place. After the installation, the car phone mount should be stable.
- Viewing angle – The car phone mount should not obstruct your viewing. As such, a 360 degrees adjustable phone mount will help you to position the phone mount properly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Where can I install my car phone mount?
Answer: It all depends but the dashboard is the best place to install your car phone mount. If you mount it on the dashboard, it keeps your phone within sight with no obstructions to the windshield. It also keeps your phone within reach.
2. What can I do to make my car phone mount stick to the dashboard?
Answer: Look for a very flat spot on your dashboard to apply the adhesive so that it can stick well.
3. How much does a car phone mount cost?
Answer: Generally, car phone mounts are inexpensive. You can get one for between $15 and $20.
Conclusion: Stay connected and remain safe with cell phone mounts
A car phone mount is a must-have if you want to drive your car confidently without any distractions. If you are the type that receives a lot of phone calls, you can imagine how many times you will have to dip your hand into the pocket or pull over.
If you use your phone for navigation, having a car phone mount will help you to see the map right in front of you. The benefits include safety, visibility, and eliminating distractions.
There is no excuse for not having a car phone mount. It is cheap and affordable. Just choose one that meets your needs adequately.