Are you looking for the best dirt bike handguards? If the answer is in the affirmation, then, it is not by coincidence that you are reading this article right now. In this post, you will find out the best dirt bike handguards reviews in 2021.
The consequences of ramming your hands against the wind, debris, rocks, or tree branches can be devastating. This is why the use of dirt bike handguards is very important. It saves your hands from getting hurt or injured. Apart from that, it also protects your bike’s levers and handlebars from damage. Dirt bike handguards keep you safe and comfortable anytime you are riding.
The benefits of having handguards for dirt bikes
- Hands-Protection: Hand and wrist protection are the primary reasons you should have handguards. In the event of an accident, the protective design of handguards is helpful in preventing your hands and wrists from touching the ground and avoid any major injury.
- Weather-Protection: You cannot expect favorable weather every time you ride on a bike. Handguards are very effective in providing your hand’s perfect shield from bad winds, heavy rains, and chilling cold that cut through with the flowing air. You are also protected from other elements such as dirt, and gravel with handguards.
- Bike-Protection: Handguards provide instant protection to your bike’s vital parts such as brakes, clutch lever, and handlebars during the fall. Moderate wear & tear, and scratches to these parts can result in lots of repairing costs that can be saved with handguards.
- Sporty-Looks: Handguards are mostly used for dirt bikes that are part of motocross events but are not limited to them. You can add a touch of sportiness to your daily ride with the dynamic design, and glossy colors of handguards giving it a more sporty look.
5 Best Dirt Bike Handguards Reviews in 2021
It is quite a tricky process for choosing the right product since there are hundreds of options available. We have done our research and chosen the 5 best motorcycle dirt bike handguards. Read on so you can make a good choice in the end.
#1 Acerbis X-Ultimate Hand Guards
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
If you are in search of quality and affordable dirt bike handguards, the Acerbis X-Ultimate is well recommended. The handguards are not only very versatile but also provide unparalleled protection. These handguards can be installed on almost any dirt bike handlebars since they come with universal mounting hardware.
They are durable and lightweight making them extremely comfortable to use. The upper and lower spoilers can be removed for increased ventilation. Installation is a breeze. These handguards are available in a variety of color combinations.
- Super easy to install
- Durable and lightweight
- Provides optimal protection
- Extremely affordable
- Great quality
- It may get broken if the bolt is screwed too tight
#2 PowerMadd 34402 Sentinel Handguard
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Without any iota of doubt, the PowerMadd 34402 sentinel handguards are another top-quality product with additional protection. Apart from being stylish, it is also highly functional and durable. The flexibility of handguards is another thing worth mentioning. Constructed from a rigid plastic spine alongside a softer body, the handguards can provide all-around protection in all conditions.
The installation is hassle-free with the universal mounting system. These handguards are perfect for ATVs, Motocross, and Enduro bikes. This product comes at a decent price and they are sold as a pair.
- Exceptionally comfortable
- Tough construction
- Perfect for bikes and ATVs
- Stylish and versatile
- No mounting bracket
#3 Cycra Probend CRM Handguards
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
There are times that you don’t want something affordable. This is when you are looking for a product with the highest quality. If that is what you are looking for, the Cycra Probend CRM handguards are your best bet. They are specifically designed for demanding bikers.
The handguards protect your hands with complete coverage to prevent exposure or damage. With quality plastic construction, you are well protected against impact like never before. There is enough clearance so you can stay comfortable all day long. The unique design makes your bike look amazing.
- Overall protection
- Top-quality design
- Unparallel comfort
- Strong construction
- Provides exceptional results
- A bit pricey
#4 Cycra Ultra Probend CRM Handguards
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
We just reviewed the Cycra Probend. Next is the Cycra Ultra Probend. When it comes to quality, both of them are very good but Cycra Ultra offers greater durability and protection. The Cycra Ultra also looks better in terms of design and style. The very first that will strike you with the Cycra Ultra is its large hand shield. It guarantees complete protection for the hand with extra comfort.
They are ergonomically designed with increased ventilation to eliminate overheating. Apart from the design, quality construction is another thing that stands out. The handguards are constructed from high-end plastic in addition to the CNC billet machine bar for extended durability.
- Provides overall hand protection
- Offers an excellent ventilation system
- Durable and sturdy
- Effortless installation
- Strong construction
#5 PowerMotor Handguards
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
You can’t go wrong with the PowerMotor handguards. Apart from being affordable, the handguards provide end-to-end protection for your motorcycle handlebars to prevent damage in case of collision. During winter, the handguards offer protection against wind, stones, and sand.
These handguards have enough clearance to contain brake wires and cables. The construction is strong and durable. They are made from 6061 aluminum with the best quality PP plastic. The bolt is from stainless steel construction. These handguards are suitable for Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda.
- Constructed from quality materials
- Spacious enough to allow for wires and cables
- Durable and long-lasting
- They come with mounting accessories
- Easy and quick installation
- No instructions for assembly
Choosing the best motorcycle dirt bike handguards is not like picking some clothes from the clothing store. There are certain considerations to have at the back of your mind if you want durable and lasting handguards. Here are some of the things to consider before you pay for a pair of handguards.
- Materials – The build quality of the handguards you want to purchase is the very first thing to check out. Also, look at the overall design of the product. Handguards should be made with durable and strong materials. The common material for making handguards is alloy aluminum. It offers great protection and very lightweight. Another thing to check out is the parts for connecting the handguards to the dirt bike. Ensure that these parts are either made from steel or aluminum. This helps to increase the durability of the handguards. Avoid handguards made from plastic. They don’t offer enough protection in case of a crash.
- Size – This is another critical factor to consider depending on the type of dirt bike that you ride. You will need a heavier pair of handguards if you are riding a bigger model of the dirt bike. But if you are riding a smaller model, you will require a lighter pair of handguards. The heavier handguards take up more space and offer greater protection especially against the wind while the lighter ones take less space but offer minimal protection. The choice you make will depend on your personal preference. Heavier handguards should be considered if you are always riding off-road.
- Installation – By and large, installing a pair of handguards is a straightforward and easy process. You must deliberately lookout for models that you can connect with ease from the handguards into the handlebars. These models provide excellent protection and installation is a breeze. Avoid those models that come with clips or the ones that cannot be bolted to the handlebars.
- Comfort and convenience – Comfort and convenience are important when using the handguards. Some models can cause overheating. As such, choose a model that comes with a good ventilation system. If the model is too heavy, handling it can become difficult and cause discomfort and inconvenience.
How to install handguards on a dirt bike?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the types of handguards available?
Answer: There are two types of handguards – wrap-around handguards and open MX handguards. The wrap-around handguards are mainly suitable for enduro dirt bikes while the open MX handguards are suitable for motocross handguards.
2. What is the purpose of using handguards?
Answer: Handguards work as shields against rain, wind, and other factors. They protect the lever from damage too. In case of a crash, the handguards prevent your hands from being hurt.
3. How can I measure the size of my handlebar or handguard?
Answer: The best way to do this is to use Vernier calipers. In the absence of that, you can use a tape measure.
Conclusion: Do you really need Dirt Bike Handguards?
A pair of handguards is a must-have if you value your safety and protection, especially when riding off-road. They will save you from damaging your hands if a crash happens. Apart from hand safety, other benefits include brake and clutch protection, protection against wind and mud. They also improve the appearance of your bike. You don’t have to gamble on this since gloves alone can protect you. The best way to protect yourself from danger is to purchase handguards.
To make the best choice, all you need is to follow our advice and read the reviews. In the end, you are going to make an informed choice based on your preference.