Keeping your car untidy may spoil a lot of interior parts and their material. One of them is car flooring. The flooring is covered with factory carpet and some car manufacturers offer floor mats as a complementary accessory to protect the original flooring. The car floor is always at a receiving end for its extensive usage. That is the reason a floor mat should be your first choice to protect and maintain the car flooring. In this review post, we will tell you about the best floor mats for cars.
Whether you are looking to replace the existing floor mats or intend to buy a new one, floor mats are an important part to protect and enhance the car interiors.
The benefits of having car floor mats
- Car Floor protection: Irregular maintenance and frequent usage of car flooring can cause serious damage to the original carpet. The spilling of food, snacks, beverages, dirt, and dust may add more trouble causing wear & tear, and early aging. Using floor mats keep the original carpet covered from regular spoiling. Floor mats are helpful in protecting and enhancing the durability of the car floor.
- Weather protection: Regular in-and-out procedure brings in lots of dust and dirt with your footwear. During the rainy season, the flooring has to absorb the rainwater and wet conditions. The settling of dirt and rainwater may leave stains and produces an intolerable smell. The floor mats are weather-resistant and waterproof to survive the tough weather conditions, and extensive usage keeping the original floor carpet protected. The floor mats possess anti-skid, and anti-slipping features to avoid any slipping and falling instances inside the car.
- Easy to clean: You may have to spend a lot to get your car floor clean but cleaning the floor mats is much easier. The carpet is a one-piece material that is spread to the whole flooring while the floor mats come in different shapes and pieces. This makes them easier to remove and wash individually. A simple soap or detergent wash is enough to maintain the floor mats clean and tidy.
- Improves the interiors: Floor mats come in different shapes, sizes, and colors. Choosing the floor mat color matching the other interior parts of your car enhances the cabin appearance. Great-looking interiors and clean flooring are instrumental in improving the driving experience. The flooring appearance also plays an important part in analyzing your car’s resale value.
5 Best Floor Mats for Cars (2021)
For the vehicle owners without floor mats, it becomes necessary to do specific research before investing in buying these products. The floor mats come in various shapes, sizes, and materials and should also comply with safety regulations. There are many floor mat products available in the market that makes it difficult to choose the best one. We have done our research to help you find the best floor mats for cars in this review.
#1 BDK MT614RDAMW1 Metallic Rubber Floor Mats
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The BDKMT614RDAMw1 is a semi-trimmable car floor mat that has multiple benefits. The very first one is its adaptability in various 4 wheeler automobiles like a sedan, SUV, and truck. It has a two-tone design that makes it sleek and also proffers protection for supplementary products in the car.
The floor mat doesn’t have any material used that would allow chemicals and bad odor, which can have a detrimental effect on your car. The metallic finish brings a charming look and makes it highly durable, further enhancing the look of the car. The car has a pack of 4 mats suiting to the front and rear ends.
- Metallic Finish
- Explicit shine and look
- Anti-skip nib backing
- Hassle-free installation
- Mutliple color range
- Passenger seat mats may require re-sizing
#2 Maxliner Supercrew Cab
Product Rating: 4.8 / 5
A mat for your cars that will fit in without any problem could be the MAXLINER SuperCrew Cab. Their design makes it possible to fit these in almost all cars and automobiles. The material used in making these mats is very flexible and durable, making it an ideal product for buying.
The contoured shape and design of these mats make them easy to trap in any liquid or dirt particles; keeping your carpets clean and safe. For cleaning, you just have to pour water on these mats through pipes and they are fresh-looking again!
- Easy installation & cleaning
- Made from recycled materials
- Raised ridges for carpet safety
- Only available for front seats
#3 Armour All Rubber Interior Floor Mats
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Armour All rubber interior mats are highly cost-effective and proffer customization ease. These mats have a protective sheet that brings effective utility. The mats have a carpet claw anti-slip technology that prevents them from skidding and the material used is rubber, which helps in dealing with all the temperatures and weather.
Armour All Rubber floor mats can be found in multiple types of configurations. The color options are also wide and one can get them in one, two, and three-piece packs. For your convenience, get these floor mats as per your automobile requirement.
- Anti-skid technology
- Easy to clean
- May not be compatible with all the car models
#4 FH Group Black F11311
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Black F11311 by FH Group is a stain-proof & water-resistant mat that can single-handedly save your car floor from lasting smudges. This mat has raised-edges, preventing the carpet from getting any stains or marks. FH Group Black F11311 mats are made from durable and easy-to-clean material; one can easily clean these with water and soap.
With functional design and structure, these mats are slip-resistant as well. Available in a multitude of colors at an inexpensive price tag, these mats are great with cars with different interior styles; these will add a utilitarian color boost to your cars.
- The design of the mat can easily trap dirt and liquids
- Excellent Grip
- Custom-fit not ensured
#5 Motor Trend Flex Tough Advanced Performance Liners
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
Motor Trend Flex Tough Advanced Performance Liners is made with sturdy and flexible rubber material making them long-lasting and useful; these can outlive all weather conditions with ease. Being flexible makes them befitting for various types and shapes of cars, and to add to this these mats are odorless.
No more smell & no more mess! Also, cleaning these mats will not be a major issue either, being made of rubber prevents staining and repels liquid easily. You just have to throw water with pressure, and the mats are ready to roll.
- Fully odorless rubber
- Flexible and Tough Style
- Easy installation and cleaning
- Rear mats are smaller
In some of the very rare issues related to car care, one is maintaining & cleaning the floor of the car. These car floor carpets and mats look extremely charming and elegant. The car floor mats attract a lot of dirt and dust, which is solid as well as liquid.
Although, taking some of the interesting floor mats will allow you to have an exclusive finish and also allow you to easily resolve this issue. Placing a car mat over your expensive car carpet will give you a fine finish and make you tackle the cleaning issues of the car. Here are a few things you need to consider:
- The Type of Floor Mat – The floor mats are of varied types and come in various sizes. Depending on the materials, techniques, and range of quality precision, the types of mats differ from each other. Although, in general, there are two types of car floor mats. These are carpet floor mats and all-season weather mats. All-season mats are usually made of flexible plastic and rubber. These mats are suitable for dealing with extreme weather conditions that include effects of mud, snow, and water. The carpeted floor mats offer protection against daily wear and tear, but might not be able to tackle extremities.
- Adaptability – A wide range of products is available in the market that fits a wide variety of car models. These designs may vary as per manufacturing styles. Some of the styles are:
Vehicle Specific: These car mats are specifically designed as per a few models of particular brands. These custom-fit mats are elegant and offer a fine finish to the interiors of the car. Although they are a bit expensive as well.
Universal Design: These car mats are made for not just one but multiple types of models and vehicles. It is one of the cost-effective solutions and has a less creative appeal.
Trim To Fit: These are custom mats, which can be trimmed as per the requirement of the automobile. Depending on the size of the floorboards, these can be trimmed accordingly. They are useful for unique car models and patterns.
- Appeal: The appeal of the mat matters a lot, especially when you have an all-new model. The market is full of efficient mats that are exclusive in designs and utility which helps in protecting the interiors of your car. Get hands-on on the amazing and best floor mats for cars and match them with exclusive color options that suit your vehicle.
- Maintenance: Maintenance is also an important aspect, especially when it comes to car floor mats. The best floor mats for cars without a doubt are rubber and vinyl material, as cleaning them is an easy task. They are washable and all you need to do is extract them, wash and rinse. The cleaning procedure is quite simple, although if you have carpeted or fabric floor mats, then it is certainly a major issue to tackle. For carpet mats, take shampoo and scrub and occasionally do the cleaning stuff.
How to clean and maintain the car floor mats?
Car flooring tends to get dirty with every use. While you can protect the car flooring by installing the floor mats but floor mats require proper care and maintenance. Here are the few tips that you should follow to clean and keep the floor mats in good condition:
- Remove the floor mats from the car. Cleaning the floor mats inside the car is not efficient as well as convenient.
- Start vacuuming the floor mats. The vacuum does a better job in sucking out the stubborn dust, crumbs, or pet hairs. If the vacuum is not available you can use a brush to get rid of these particles.
- Use cleaning solutions such as white vinegar or a cleaning liquid to improve the smell of floor mats.
- Remove the stains with soft brushing and scrubbing. Avoid scrubbing too hard as it may soften the material of floor mats.
- Wash off the whole floor mats and leave them to dry. Repeat the above steps for the second washing for better results.
Note: The above steps are applicable for both carpet and rubber floor mats. You can avoid vacuuming the rubber floor mats as simply whacking them will do the job of removing the dust, and dirt.
Regular cleaning and washing are recommended to keep the floor mats durable.
How to install the car floor mats?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How long do car floor mats last?
Answer: Vinyl and urethane mats are durable enough to last for at least 5 years depending on the usage. It is better to keep monitoring the floor mats performance after 1 year.
- Are floor mats necessary for a car?
Answer: Yes, floor mats are necessary to protect the original flooring of your car. Floor mats help reduce the wear & tear, and early aging of car flooring. Re-applying or replacing the whole flooring is a tedious and expensive task. Floor mats are weather-resistant, durable, and increases the visibility and resale value of your car.
- Are floor mats for cars expensive?
Answer: Floor mats are not too expensive. Depending on your choice of brand and material, all-inclusive floor mats may cost between $50-$150.
Conclusion: Floor mats are important to protect and maintain the original car flooring
The car mats are one of the elegant pieces of interiors in a car, and one must select the most useful and effective floor mat. Getting the best car floor mat is always important and custom mats are a wise choice as it offers ease of installation as well as motivates you for regular cleaning. The car, being one of the precious investments, is required to have amazing care and maintenance, which is why getting a car floor mat is useful.
We now know the importance of having floor mats in your vehicle. Not having a floor mat is your personal choice but be ready to shell out on extra cost at service centers and some manual effort in maintaining your car’s floor regularly. These floor mats are not very expensive and help in taking care of your car’s flooring to perfection if used appropriately.