Your car, whether new or an antique model is a prize and priceless. It is considered a cherished property in the modern world and it is your responsibility to do all you can to maintain the aura as well as the self-respect of your vehicle. Describing or cleaning up as well as preserving them as near to their initial state as feasible, is your desire.
The one specifically fragile area is the interior of your vehicle, especially the leather. It is not uncommon to have a particular stain in the interior of your vehicle that appears practically difficult to remove without harming the location.
Today’s innovation uses several outstanding services to the problem of cleansing without sustaining damages to these premium materials. Choosing products that can clean and also shield in one step saves you time as well as guarantees your interior has a constant defense. Once more, it is essential to pick items that will not damage the inside’s products with duplicated usage.
Maintaining your car’s leather looking premium and pristine requires some time and effort which becomes easier by keeping a leather conditioner or cleaner in hand. The car leather care conditioners are low cost and extremely important factors in maintaining your car's leather material healthy.
The Benefits Of Having Leather Conditioner
- Leather protection: Leather conditioners are meant to provide gentle protection to your car's leather seats. Applying conditioner to the leather makes it soft and supple.
- Leather cleaning: The leather conditioners are also helpful in cleaning the leather seats from dust, and dirt that prevents the leather from cracking.
- Enhanced aging: Regular and timely maintenance of your car seats with leather cleaner and conditioner definitely improves the quality and condition of leather seats that remain in good condition for a long time.
- Sustainability: Leather conditioner provides proper nourishment aiming to store the real pigmentation and color of leather making it more sustainable.
Best Leather Conditioners for Cars in 2020
Let’s review some of the best leather cleaner or conditioners for your vehicle's leather upholstery to narrow down the stress of choosing from the hundreds of products available in the market.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Leather Honey
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Leather Honey Leather Conditioner is a moisturized solution that any leather needs. It is harmless and non-toxic to keep you safe during the use. A natural material like leather needs regular hydration to keep it soft and good looking. If it remains untreated, it can dry out very fast and starts to break. This conditioner can restore the moisture of your leather and keep it looking like new. It can not only protect new leather surfaces but also revive old leather.
Apart from leather, you can use it on suede-like auto-interior, furniture, gloves, saddles and boots.
This conditioner is also very easy to apply. You can use the company’s leather cleaner first to remove all the dirt and dust build-up within the seats. Once the seat is nicely cleaned, apply an even coat of the conditioner with the help of a lint-free application cloth. Let the seat absorb the conditioner for 2-3 hours then wipe off the leftover formula using another clean cloth.
Works on all types of leathers
Not recommended for light color leather
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Chamberlain's Leather Milk Conditioner
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
With the help of this conditioner, you can store your car and its leather to a new-like condition. It offers deep conditioning and cleaning that your leather requires to stay moisturized and healthy.
The formulation can fix the wear/tear and abrasions with its deep conditioning treatment. Since it has a perfect consistency, you can apply it over the leather surface effortlessly and smoothly. Your car will never look greasy or feel sticky with this product.
It is devoid of harmful, unnatural chemicals, which feel sticky and have an unpleasant smell. Unlike other products, it will never dry out your leather with time. It contains vital oils that are known to nurture and strengthen the feel and quality of the leather surface. The Leather Milk Conditioner and Cleaner use a very light emulsion of water and oil to condition your car’s interior. It is an ideal choice for leather with more natural qualities and lighter tones because of its moderate yet enriching effects.
The formula is fermented with perfection with a suitable PH balanced recipe, so it stands out from the rest of the products on the list. The texture of the cream facilitates easy application and extreme absorption. It will melt into your leather surface while enriching its color and giving it the supple, soft smoothness that it demands.
Non-toxic and natural
Fast and effective results
Easy to apply
Not fully waterproof
#3 Meguiar G18616
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The Meguiar's G18616 Gold Class Leather Conditioner can maintain the leather of your car and keep it in its new condition for years and years to come. It is a combination of aloe and some special moisturizing oils. This composition provides advanced conditioning and UV protection to your vehicle and prevents the aging of your car’s leather seats.
This premium formulation can maintain the original style and look of your car and the overall feel of the leather seats. You can use this product to keep your car moisturized and protected without leaving behind any dust, residues, or artificial gloss.
The best thing about Meguiar's G18616 Gold Class Leather Conditioner is that you get all the goodness of this product in an easy to use, attractive, and a convenient spray bottle. You can spray the conditioner directly onto the leather seats, creating a thin and even layer. For deep cleaning, you can spray the formulation directly on an applicator pad and then work it into the leather surface.
Natural oil formula
Vulnerable spray nozzle
#4 Chemical Guys
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner works wonders on almost everything made from leather i.e., car seat, car interior, jackets, boots, shoes, sofas, and sneakers, etc.
This leather conditioner is a PH balanced solution to provide efficient, thorough cleaning and for better preservation of your leather’s appearance, strength, and durability. It can penetrate deep within the pores of the leather to lift and remove dust and oil residues quickly.
If your priority is to get your hands on a product that is fast and easy, then Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner is your ultimate go-to option. The conditioner itself is odorless and colorless and has a soft, subtle leather-like smell to it. It also contains Vitamin E to sustain and nourish the leather surface and help prevent UV damage to the car.
Chemical Guys are manufacturing car cleaning products for professionals for many years now. This product by their company is formulated to go a long way when used in small quantities. You will get to use too much out of every bottle and benefit from its amazing price value.
Fast and Effective
The scent is too strong
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
This car care conditioner was manufactured and designed with premium quality leather in mind. With this product, there is nothing to worry about substandard results. One of the many features that make this product amazing is the fact that you can use it on a variety of surfaces. You can clean suede, faux leather, vinyl, durable, and all the other materials that have a leather-like feel. Buyers have found this conditioner to be extremely easy to use.
This specially designed formula is PH balanced and can penetrate deep into minor cracks and microscopic pores within your car's leather. It is one of the best remover of dust, dirt, and grime as well as dissolves it from all types of leather surfaces.
You can apply the conditioner via an easy to spray bottle. Wipe away the surface and let the powerful cleansing and conditioning coat of the formulation protect your car from UV rays. You can achieve even better results by using microfiber cleaning cloth with this conditioner. Though this product is a little expensive but if you can use it on a variety of surfaces, it will be completely worth it.
Water and Snow repellent
#6 Bickmore Bick 4
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Bickmore Bick four Leather Conditioner cleanses, polishes, as well as shields many kinds of natural leather solutions. It can be used on a variety of leather materials such as sneakers, shoes, jackets, purses, handbags, upholstery and home furniture, automobile interiors, motorbike seating, equestrian tools including tack and saddles, an unusual natural leather solution, and much more. The instant analyzed formulation is shown to lengthen the lifetime of your many valuable natural leather solutions.
In contrast to many natural leather conditioners, Bick four Leather Conditioner won't darken the leather of yours. It is ideal for rejuvenating classic, worn-out leathers to the authentic gloss of theirs, as well as to keep the new leather treatments of yours within the exact same cover from the sun you purchased them. Perfect in keeping almost all finished and smooth natural leather smooth without compromising breathability.
Since Bick four is a totally wax free item, it guarantees the natural leather skin pores won't seal upwards, trying to keep the leather of yours very soft and also capable to inhale. It won't escape some small amounts of gummy or sticky residue. Bickmore Bick four is all-in-one total natural leather treatment item.
Does not darken the leather
Repeated application required
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Lexol all leather deep cleaner is a trusted brand for more than 80 years. This leather care helps restore and revive your leather from sunlight, heat, humidity, dirt, and even air contaminants that make your leather age and bring up wear and tear. A simple massage will bring the new appearance in your leather seats wiping dirt and oily easily. An additional wipe of Lexol all leather deep conditioner will complete the whole regimen of cleaning.
The age-old trusted formula made of glycerin, detergents, water, and other preservatives is free of wax, oils and other unnecessary additives to protect leather seats and other leather material from damage and discoloration. One of the perfect solutions to blossom any type of leathers apart from automobiles which also includes furniture, shoes, sports gear etcetera.
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Weiman leather cleaner and conditioner is a reputed solution to clean, condition, and protect your leather surfaces. In just one simple step, it provides long-lasting restoration and UV protection.
Its non-toxic formula is easy to apply to maintain your favorite leather accessories ranging from car interiors to shoes, and other home-based leather materials.
Weiman leather cleaner and conditioner is a trigger spray that can be directly applied in one step to all types of leather bringing that original shine back. Just spray, wipe and buff it for effective shining results.
This product is backed by ‘Good Housekeeping’ quality testing warranty which gives you peace of mind. A mixture of six natural oils, helps in moisturizing, softening, and restoring leather. Its unique UVX-15 protection provides instant protection from the damaging effects of sun and heat. It leaves a polishing shine effectiveness and acts as a perfect protector compared to other cleaners.
Easy to spread
Not applicable for unfinished leather
It is always important to research the product thoroughly that you want to buy. Picking the most appropriate leather conditioner or cleaner for your car basically means acknowledging the following features.
Features to look for while buying leather conditioners
- PH Formula- Always go for the products with a neutral PH value despite the type of your leather car seat (genuine leather or synthetic leather). The reason for buying a neutral PH formulation is very simple. A balanced PH (balanced acidity and alkalinity) will maintain the integrity of the leather while conditioning and cleaning it perfectly. Before starting any product, be sure to test the solution over your leather surface first.
- Deep Cleaning- Your product should be able to provide a deep finish and shine to your leather seats without making it sticky or greasy-looking.
- Unharmful- Many companies include harsh chemicals and additives in their formulations. They do it to increase the longevity of their products, enhance the color it gives to the surface, and to improve its deep-cleaning properties. While there is nothing wrong with using these products but you can never be too sure of the impact of these products over your leather in the long run.
- Easy-application- The application of the car conditioners should be easy and convenient. The point here is to make the process simple for a car owner, so they are always motivated to clean their car's interior regularly. Always go for those leather treatments that offer ease of application. You can always check customer reviews online and learn from their personal experience before making a final decision.
- High Quality- Many low-quality solutions available in the market can leave bad discoloration and excess on your leather surface. It can be due to the presence of harsh chemicals used in the making of the formulation.
- Multi-purpose- Many leather conditioners available in the market also come as a cleaner. Such two-in-one combos are quite effective if you don’t have much time to prep and clean your car before applying the conditioner. Also, it is essential to have a dedicated leather conditioner for your car that is easy to apply a couple of times in a year to achieve better and effective results.
- Leather quality- The leather surface can get easily stained if it is wet, especially with rainwater. The amount of staining depends upon the overall finish of the leather and its type. Among all the leather types available in the market, aniline leather is quite porous and is vulnerable to staining.
How to use leather cleaner/conditioners
- Cleaning up is an important step prior to you also think about using a leather conditioner. Removing any kind of bigger particles and bits on all surface areas is important before a brand-new layer of the item is introduced.
- Begin by vacuuming the whole inside of your cars and truck. Make sure that you obtain every little thing from all nooks as well as crannies. Then, wipe the whole inside with a moist cloth to eliminate the finer bits.
- Some may recommend utilizing soap, as well as if you do, see to it that you are making use of a moderate soap as well as lukewarm water to form a light cleansing remedy. Make use of a soft microfiber fabric to clean up the surface of the natural leather. The cloth ought to perspire and not trickling.
- After thoroughly cleaning up every surface, test the conditioner on a tiny area of the surface area. Select somewhere that is not easily obvious. Apply as routed by the supplier.
- Whether you are still checking the product or in the process of dealing with the whole inside, never differ the instructions offered in the product packaging. It is also essential to establish the kind of leather that you have means prior to you select a conditioner. Some items are damaging to particular sorts of leather.
The treatment, maintenance, and prevention of leather car seats from cracking or damaging.
So, how often should you treat your leather car seats?
- The opinions differ based on usage. Most of the time, it is dependent on sun exposure, how many folks generally ride in the automobile, or even if there are kids and pets in the car.
- A great rule is every 3 months. When the automobile is often used or spends a lot of time in the sunshine, every 2 weeks may be a much better timetable. On another hand, when the car is used properly on an irregular foundation, cleaning, conditioning every 6 weeks should be enough.
But why does leather of your vehicle usually gets damaged or cracked? For two main reasons:
- Usually, leather seats are fully finished, which means they are thoroughly designed to look and stretch perfectly from each and every angle. Over time and with excessive usage and gathering of dirt and oil on the surface of the leather, it starts developing wrinkles, losing it’s color, showing small tears which later expands into bigger cracks.
- To some extent, the damage may occur because of the manufacturer's fault. To make a fully finished leather, a dye layer and protective coating are used to perfect the stretching. Any ignorance during this process may damage the leather before time making it more vulnerable to wear and tear.
Can leather stain when it is still wet?
The leather surface can get easily stained if it is wet, especially with rainwater. The amount of staining depends upon the overall finish of the leather and its type. Among all the leather types available in the market, aniline leather is quite porous and is vulnerable to staining.
Why leather seats for cars?
Natural leather car seats are often viewed as the greater high-end selection for automobiles and in most cases are more expensive. The substance is more costly, and that describes several of the markups. These materials will provide a really rich texture and additionally appears to an automobile that is a lot easier to clean up and extremely stain resistant. Leather car seats may also be reluctant to fragrances that will include spots and also the passengers that start them.
Conclusion: Are the leather cleaners/conditioners worth it?
The car natural leather fix could be costly with expert repairers recharging as many as a hundred dollars an hour to repair chafing, gaps, along with common usage. It's a lot better to stop the issues by happening within the very first spot.
A natural leather cleaner or conditioner should be utilized on every natural leather seating to help keep them flexible as well as cause them to become more unlikely to cracks. The leather seats should be maintained with conditioners at least 2-3 times a year for it to serve you for a long time.
A leather cleaner or conditioner may cost you around 10% of what you will spend on fixing them through expert services. These leather products are not only best to save you money but worth maintaining your car's leather material in good condition.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you choose the best leather conditioner for your car. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you.