Let’s face it; no communication technology has affected motorcycling like Bluetooth. To use the mobile phone while riding is just too risky. This makes talking over Bluetooth the safer way to communicate with fellow riders.
With the Bluetooth communication, it is easier to ask for direction, speak to loved ones, listen to music, and use the GPS. The device can be mounted on a helmet to make communication hassle-free. When it comes to spending your hard-earned money, you want to choose an effective and functional Bluetooth headset.
With the thousands of products out there, you will agree that making a choice can be baffling. We have helped you to select the best products based on quality, functionality, and effectiveness.
The Benefits Of Wearing Bluetooth While Riding a Motorcycle
- Convenience: Bluetooth provides hands-free convenience to you while riding the motorcycle. It helps you in answering the calls while on the go and also save the effort of stopping your bike to have the communication.
- Protection: Having a Bluetooth hands-free device allows you to ride your motorcycle with ease. You don’t have to worry about answering the calls while on the move which creates a distraction and may lead to a dangerous situation.
- Safety: Bluetooth/Intercom headsets are instrumental in saving your life on the road. This technical advancement in communication has been able to reduce the impact of road accidents significantly that are caused by driving negligence due to mobile phones.
- Mobility: Bluetooth is actually designed to continue the mobility of an individual. For a long time, these devices have been serving their purpose effectively for all types of riders and have been a huge success for motorcyclists.
- Entertainment: Apart from the communication, Bluetooth devices enable you to perform other activities such as listening to music, news, and the use of navigation on mobile through voice control. In essence, they also act as a medium of entertainment and keep you updated while traveling.
Best Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom in 2020
Read on as we review the 5 best motorcycle Bluetooth/Intercom headsets so you can make an excellent choice.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Lexin Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom Headset
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
If you are looking for a Hi-Fi stereo sound quality Bluetooth headset, the Lexin Motorcycle Headset is your best bet. It is designed to support half or a full helmet. It provides easy hands-free communication and you get access to the latest Apple and Android sound commands. The device can transmit a powerful signal up to the range of 1600 meters with a sharing capacity of 4 riders.
It has seamless compatibility with most of the Bluetooth devices with advanced noise cancellation technology. There is no more manual call answering with the automatic call answering feature thereby guaranteeing your safety and convenience. You can play and pause, do callback automatically, and adjust volume with ease.
Ease of use
More than 24 hours of battery life
Play and pause function
Vulnerable helmet mounting clips
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Sena SMH10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset & Intercom
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Sena SMH10 is built with the Bluetooth 3.0 technology to keep you connected with your fellow riders and share music with ease. You can make hands-free calls once the device is connected to any Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. It comes with a boom microphone and helmet clamping kit for easy communication and fit.
Background noise is reduced to the barest minimum with the Advanced Noise Control (ANC) technology. It gives you a crystal-clear sound for hitch-free communication.
Provides up to 12 hours talk time
Play and pause function
Easy to control while riding
#3 THOKWOK Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
If you are on a budget and looking for a decent Bluetooth headset, go for the THOKWOK Wireless Bluetooth Headset. It is made hands-free for smartphones. The built-in microphone makes hands-free calls easy. You can automatically answer incoming calls. The headset is ultra-light and compact making it super easy to be carried about.
This headset is easy to install on helmets and also makes a perfect fit. Setup is just a matter of minutes. The device can work for up to 8 hours. It can be paired with any Bluetooth-enabled devices.
8 hours of battery life
Comes with a built-in microphone
Easy to install on helmets
May require long charging hours
#4 Cardo Freecom 4+ Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
If you are looking for a motorcycle Bluetooth headset that is waterproof and dust-proof, the Cardo Freecom is highly recommended. With this device, you can communicate with other riders no matter the brand of their gears. The four-way intercom helps you to always stay connected at all times.
It comes with a built-in FM radio so you can enjoy your favorite radio stations on-the-go. There is automatic volume adjustment whenever you find yourself in a noisy environment. It allows you to control your mobile phone through voice control.
Built-in FM radio
Automatic volume adjustment
Can share a playlist with a passenger
Easy voice control
Comes with a corded microphone and high-definition speakers
It is pricey
#5 Fodsports Motorcycle Bluetooth 4.1 Headset
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
The Fodsports Bluetooth 4.1 headset has a wide range of compatibility with many smart devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. This headset comes with a CVC digital noise reduction function with exceptional suitability for motorcycles for the enjoyment of music and safe call answering.
You can answer calls hands-free without touching your mobile phone. It automatically selects the next music. The 900 mAh battery can function for 20 hours after a full charge.
20 hours of battery life
Great sound quality
Not compatible with older model headset
With the plethora of motorcycle Bluetooth headsets in the market, it can be a tough task choosing the right headset for your motorcycle. This buyer’s guide will help you to have a good idea of what to look out for when choosing a motorcycle headset.
Before you purchase a motorcycle communication device, these are what you must put into consideration.
Features to look for while buying motorcycle bluetooth headsets
- Cost – Cost is an important factor when buying a motorcycle Bluetooth headset. Avoid cheap headsets because there is always a compromise in their quality. Top-quality headsets come at a higher price which is worth the investment in the long run.
- Voice control and sound quality – Having a crystal-clear communication with other riders always feel good. However, poor audio can hamper effective communication. Background noise or strong wind can cause hitches. This is why it is recommended that you choose a motorcycle Bluetooth headset with the best sound quality and voice control to cancel out disturbing noise.
- Battery life – This is important especially for long-distance riders. No matter how good the headset is if it has a poor battery life, it becomes useless. Look out for a headset with a long battery life of at least 24 hours. Avoid being helpless by choosing a headset with lasting battery life.
- Waterproof –You don’t have to detach your Bluetooth headset because it is raining. That spoils the fun. When looking for a headset to buy, choose one that is water-resistant or waterproof. The rain can start without notice and when that happens, it shouldn’t affect your communication with other riders.
- Installation and ease of use – The best motorcycle Bluetooth headset should be easy to install. It can either be clamped using screws or taped inside the helmet. Choose a headset that can be clamped so that it can perfectly stay in place. This helps you avoid constant adjustments while riding. It should also be easy to use. The interface should be simple and the buttons soft to touch.
- GPS – An effective GPS helps you to get to your destination with ease. It provides direction. It makes sense to choose a headset with a GPS. It will save you a lot of time.
- Camera – If you are an adventurous rider, you may like to record your adventure on the road. Some headsets come with cameras to help you do the recordings. Choosing a headset with this feature will help you to make every ride enjoyable.
- Warranty – Warranty is another important aspect that cannot be overlooked. Any product with a warranty is peace of mind for the user. Most manufacturers provide warranty for their products. If the product comes with a warranty, it can be returned when there are any defects as far the product is still within the warranty period.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How much does a motorcycle Bluetooth headset cost?
Answer: Depending on the quality, a motorcycle headset can cost around $25 to $200.
- Are all motorcycle Bluetooth headset waterproof?
Answer: No, not all are waterproof. Some are water-resistant.
- How do I connect my motorcycle Bluetooth to my smartphone?
Answer: It is easy and simple. Turn on the motorcycle Bluetooth and turn on the phone’s Bluetooth so the two can get paired up. On the phone, press “search devices” and wait for the headset to be detected, then, press “pair device” to connect the smartphone to the headset.
Conclusion: Communicate your ride with Bluetooth/Intercom devices
Bluetooth communication is a great way to remain informed and updated about your day-to-day activities while on the move. With the latest technology, these devices come equipped with GPS, Camera, and lots of other features apart from mobile compatibility. Some of the Bluetooth devices are in-built or can be easily installed with your helmet.
If you don’t want to miss out on the important calls, entertainment, and information while riding then Bluetooth should be part of your must-have list for motorcycle gear.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you decide to buy the best motorcycle bluetooth intercom devices. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.