Except you want to intentionally commit suicide, we all agree it is not safe to use the phone while riding on a motorcycle. But there are times you need to make use of the phone without touching it. If you have lost track after riding a long distance, you may need to find which direction to turn next. This is when you turn to your GPS device or phone for guidance. It is difficult to hold the phone and check the GPS while riding. This is why you need a cell phone mount or a GPS holder. In this post, we will help you with the best motorcycle cell phone mount reviews.
A phone mount helps you to mount your phone on your motorcycle handlebar so you can use the device freehand.
The benefits of having cell phone mounts while riding the motorcycle
- Safety: It is always safe to ride a motorcycle with both hands. A one-handed stunt to maneuver the bike can lead to serious dire consequences. You can fall into this situation if your other hand is occupied on your phone. To continue riding with the safety you need to have a cell phone mount. It allows you to talk on the phone with the use of speakers or hands-free easily and continue your journey.
- Distraction-free Ride: If you have to frequently use your mobile phone owing to your hobby or profession then it can become a distraction while riding the motorcycle. The constant ringing of a cell phone will also disturb your mind on the road. Picking out the phone from your riding gear to answer the call takes a lot of effort. It is also dangerous and prone to accidents. A cell phone mount is structured to easily hold the phone under its grip for your convenience and distraction-free ride.
- Navigation: Your mobile phone can also be used for navigation. It is helpful in guiding you on the right path. With the help of navigation, you can avoid taking wrong turns, or frequent stops to check the right path from by-passers. A phone mount can be used to set the mobile screen appropriately to show you proper navigation. You don’t have to worry about your cell phone slipping or falling down.
- Entertainment: Another benefit of a cell phone mount is it allows you to use your phone as a source of entertainment. You can listen to music, watch the videos with the help of Bluetooth and hands-free earphones while on the move. Make sure to bring in all your motorcycle riding expertise to perform this activity to remain entertained.
- Phone protection: Your mobile phone’s safety is vulnerable to falling on the road if you intend to use it while riding. Removing it from the gear pocket is risky. Your cell phone may get damaged and break into several pieces. A phone mount is structured with flexibility and grip that keeps your mobile phone protected from falling. The cell phone mounts are designed to keep your phone safe and secure.
5 Best Motorcycle Cell Phone Mount Reviews (2021)
How do you find durable and sturdy phone mounts? This is what you will find out in this review. Here is a review of the 5 best motorcycle cell phone mounts / GPS holders.
#1 Tackform Metal Motorcycle Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.8 / 5
If you regularly ride off-road, this phone mount is well recommended for you. It is perfect for mountain bikes, street bikes, dirt bikes, and bicycles. The accessory is compatible with devices that are 0.5 inches thick and 3.25 inches wide. There is no fidgeting with your phone.
You can easily remove your phone by pulling it out just once. With a clamp that is made from strong machined aluminum, this phone mount is certified fail-proof. There are two Allen wrenches to securely hold the mount in place.
- 360 degrees rotation
- Easy to install
- High-strength aluminum construction
- Easy to use
- Designed to withstand extreme weather conditions
- It is pricey
#2 RAM Mounts X-Grip Universal Phone Holder
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
RAM Mounts is a household name when it comes to phone holders and mounts. They produce quality and durable accessories. The X-Grip Universal Phone Holder is not an exception. It features a spring-load that expands and contracts to securely hold your phone in place.
It also comes with a heavy rubber strap that serves as extra holding power for your gadget. The ball and socket system allows you to easily adjust the accessory to your desired position. It is made from rustproof aluminum and stainless construction.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Easy to mount
- 360 degrees rotation
- Provides a perfect fit for your phone
- The rubber tips may require glueing
#3 IPOW Metal Bike and Motorcycle Cellphone Mount
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
If you are looking for an affordable metal mount, the IPOW bike and motorcycle phone mount is perfect for your motorcycle’s handlebar. It comes with a universal phone mounting and can fit any phone that is about 3.5 inches in width.
The mount is made with many shock-absorbing shims to eliminate vibrations. No tool is required to fit the mount to the handlebar.
- Installation is tool-free
- 360 degrees rotation
- Universal mount
- Metal construction
- 12 months warranty only
#4 Spritech Bike Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Another pocket-friendly universal phone mount is the Spritech Bike Phone Mount. The phone mount is not only suitable for motorcycles and bikes but also for bicycles, treadmills, and golf carts. It holds your phone firmly in place that you would never worry about it falling.
Installation is super easy with the Allen wrench that comes with the package. There are four claws on the cradle for extra security for your phone. Use the tension knob to clamp the phone securely into the cradle. It is made from aluminum for incredible durability.
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Reduces vibration
- Quick installation with Allen wrench
- Durable and strong
- Prevents scratches
- No ball and socket for swivel adjustment
#5 ILM Upgraded Bike Motorcycle Phone Mount
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
The Upgraded ILM Phone Mount is designed for mountain bikes, quads, bicycles, dirt bikes, and street bikes. It is made from aluminum to guarantee its sturdiness and durability. With this phone mount, you don’t have to worry about riding on a rough road because it secures your phone perfectly.
Its unique design makes it fit differently from the other types of phone mounts. The two walls on the sides can be adjusted to suit your phone’s width. With the rubber line, scratches are well prevented.
- Quality aluminum construction
- No scratches; no vibrations
- Easy to mount
- Moves 360 degrees
- It doesn’t swivel
If you intend to go out for a ride and you don’t want to miss an important telephone call or leave your GPS device behind, a motorcycle phone mount is a must-have. But you don’t just pick it off the shelves if you want something durable. Here are the things you have to look out for before purchasing a motorcycle phone mount.
- Cellphone compatibility – The very first thing to check for is the compatibility of your phone with the mount. It is only when your phone mount is compatible with your device that it will be useful to you. Some of the motorcycle phone mount models are universal. This means it can fit almost any phone. But it makes sense to look for a phone mount that is specifically made for your cellphone model. A mount that is made for your phone will fit well like a hand in a glove.
- Grip and clamp – You would need a phone mount with the largest clamp to guarantee the safety of your phone while riding on the road. When you have a good clamp you are not afraid even if you run into rough terrain. You can run into bumps while you ride and the last thing you want to worry about is your device falling off because the grip is not strong enough. To avoid this kind of situation, choose a phone mount that has X-Grip and Finger Grip. These are tested and trusted grip types that put your mind at rest.
- Handlebar compatibility – It is not possible to install a motorcycle phone mount if it is not compatible with your motorcycle handlebar. Ensure that the diameter of the bike and that of the mount are the same to make them work without any issues. Motorcycle phone mounts come in different dimensions. The dimensions are clearly written on the product label.
- Ease of installation – A motorcycle phone mount that is complicated to install will waste a lot of time. Phone mounts are generally easy to install even without tools. You don’t have to go through a manual before installing a phone mount.
- Waterproof – The waterproof feature of a motorcycle phone mount is something that should interest any rider that is always on the road. The rain can start anytime without notice and when it starts pouring; your phone will be super protected.
- Durability – You don’t want a motorcycle phone mount that packs up after a while. You would want something durable and sturdy. Alloy, zinc, aluminum, and hard plastic are some of the materials used in producing a phone mount. Any of these materials will serve you well.
- Price – Price is always an important factor while choosing any product. Most of the phone mounts usually fall under the affordable category. For general purpose riding, a low-price with basic features phone mount will suffice your need however, if you’re called a ‘Biker’ or passionate about covering long-distances on a motorcycle then invest in a high-quality, advanced feature product to fulfill your need.
How to use the cell phone mounts? Tips & Tricks
It is highly recommended to ride a motorcycle without using a mobile phone. However, in circumstances where it is necessary to use the mobile phone, you should take the following points into consideration.
- Always choose a phone mount that is suitable to fit the handlebars of your motorcycle. Make sure to check the compatibility of phone mounts before buying.
- The fitting of your phone mount should be in the appropriate direction on your motorcycle handles. This is to avoid mishandling and distraction through your journey.
- Always use a strong quality material phone mount that can hold itself against the shocks, jerks, and jumps of bad roads or adventurous journeys.
- For frequent travelers and who have busy schedules, installation and movement of phone mounts should be effortless. The phone mount should have easy installation and maximum rotational movement to give you all the convenience for multiple usages.
How to install the cell phone mounts?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why is a phone mount important for my bike?
Answer: Your phone serves as a GPS device when traveling to places you have never been to before. Using a phone mount is a hand-free way to check your phone for directions.
- Can I mount my phone mount anywhere?
Answer: No. Your phone mount should be mounted where it does not obstruct your view.
- Can my phone mount last for a long time?
Answer: Yes, phone mounts can last for many years as far as it is properly cared for according to the manufacturer’s instruction. Regular cleaning increases its aging.
Conclusion: Enjoy your ride and protect your phone with cell phone mounts
A mobile phone has become a permanent companion for everyone. It’s unthinkable to travel without a mobile phone. It doesn’t matter if you’re traveling in a four-wheeler or two-wheeler. You have to remain agile and alert while driving. Cell phone mounts or holders are made to keep your drive safe and protected. They are also important to keep your mobile phone secured.
With the help of cell phone mounts, you can attend to important calls, navigate the right path, and remain entertained all the time. Therefore, cell phone mounts should be considered as one of the must-have items on your traveling list. They are not too costly and make your ride peaceful and comfortable.