There is no doubt a motorcycle cover is one piece of kit any serious motorcyclist should not overlook. It prevents your motorbike from being affected by the elements such as rain, sun, and wind. Harsh weather condition is one of the reasons a motorcycle can break down. So getting a heavy-duty cover will be an excellent idea.
The Benefits Of Using Motorcycle Covers
- Protection: Primarily, the covers are meant to protect your motorcycle from dust, heat, dirt, and other harmful particles and tough weather conditions.
- Safe-guard: Motorcycle cover provides extra protection to your motorcycle seat covers from excessive heat, prevent scratches on mirrors and tachometer, and safe-guard from any external force damages, and bird shit.
- Theft-protection: While it may sound a bit awry, the motorcycle cover is actually helpful in disguising the thieves as it completely covers your two-wheeler that mentally misinterprets the actual value of the product inside.
- Cleaning effort: Leaving your motorcycle under the cover keeps it clean which is helpful in reducing your washing efforts.
Best Motorcycle Covers in 2020
The problem is how to find a durable and strong cover for your motorcycle. In this article, we shall be reviewing the 5 best motorcycle covers to help you make a good choice.
Read on as we review some of the top-rated motorcycle covers you can find in the market.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Dowco Guardian Motorcycle Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Looking at the Dowco cover from afar, you would conclude it is super-protective. The material is waterproof and can protect the motorcycle from rain, mildew, and sun. On the inside, it has a reflective moisture guard vent to stop it from being moisturized and also resist mildew with the help of polyurethane.
It is roomy enough to perfectly take care of the side mirrors. The high winds will be in-effective on this cover that remains still with polyester webbing belly straps.
Air vents keep the bike breathable
Durable and strong
Material vulnerable to melting if covered on a hot bike
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Badass Moto Gear Cover
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
If you are looking for a heavy-duty motorcycle cover, the Badass motorcycle cover is your best bet. Weighing almost 4 pounds, this cover is durable and sturdy. The Badass motorcycle cover is made from extra heavy-duty rip-resistant material with advanced waterproof coatings to effectively protect your motorcycle from harsh weather and hot exhaust pipes.
When faced with the strongest of wind, this cover can stand strong because of the adjustable belly straps that keep it in place.
Made from heavy-duty material,
Resist heat from the exhaust,
Durable and reliable,
Needs proper handling while covering the motorcycle to avoid wear and tear
#3 Gaucho Motorcycle Cover
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
The Gaucho all-weather cover is made for sport and mid-size bikes. It is made from 190T waterproof material to protect your machine against the snow, dust, and water. It comes with a cotton liner to ensure that your bike’s paint and chrome do not get destroyed. There are two ventilation openings for breathability and two bottom straps to hold it in place when the wind blows.
It is waterproof and water-resistant. The heat-resistant material resists heat from the exhaust up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. With the double stitching, the cover will last for a long time. A carrying bag is included.
Waterproof and water-resistant
Prevents against scratches
Durable and long-lasting
Double-stitched for long-lasting
Develops molding in extreme weather conditions
#4 Oxford CV106 Motorcycle Cover (Medium Size)
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
The Oxford CV106 is a reputable motorcycle cover that covers your bike halfway. This cover is very affordable. It covers the seat and control areas of your motorcycle. The cover provides exceptional protection against the rain, debris, and dust. It is also super easy to store when not in use.
You can store it with ease into the saddlebag or under the seat of your motorcycle. It comes with Velcro straps that prevent the cover from being blown off by the wind.
Made from quality material
Durable and sturdy
Withstands the wind
Ease of storage
Covers half part of the bike
#5 Tourmaster Elite Motorcycle Cover (Large)
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
Designed to cover every part of the motorcycle, this product is made from top-quality 300 Denier Carbolex material for durability and sturdiness. This is a 100% waterproof cover that keeps your bike dry all day in case it rains. The double stitching makes it a tough motorcycle cover.
The cover features aluminized heat panels that prevent the cover from being damaged from the heat that comes from the exhaust pipes and engine. It comes with a carrying bag for easy storage.
Durable and strong
A bit expensive
There are factors that you must consider before purchasing a motorcycle cover. Here are some of them.
Features to look for while buying motorcycle covers
- Waterproof – Some riders use just anything such as tarpaulin to cover their motorcycles. It is not a good practice. Using a waterproof material is safer than any other material. This is because it does not produce moisture and humidity that may damage the machine.
- Size – This is a critical consideration when buying a motorcycle cover. You need a cover that fits your bike like a hand in glove. Most producers of the motorcycle covers produce them in one or two sizes. Look at the size of the machine properly before purchasing a motorcycle cover because a cover that fits a wide and tall machine won’t fit a small one.
- Heat protection – When you ride a motorcycle for a long time, it gets hot. The exhaust may have burnt your leg once or twice. So what do you think would happen if you cover your machine when the exhaust is still hot? The cover is surely going to get burnt. This is why you have to choose a heat-resistant cover so the cover won’t get burnt no matter how hot the exhaust is.
- Wind-resistant – It is common for the winds to blow away a motorcycle cover. Look for a wind-resistant cover that has buckle straps so it can perfectly stay in place no matter how strong the wind may be.
- Storage – Choose a cover that is easy to store. Some of them come with a carrying bag or can easily be stored under the machine seat.
Some useful tips on using motorcycle covers
- Some of the motorcycle covers are model/brand-specific. It is recommended to chose the cover that is made for your motorcycle brand for appropriate fitting and quality.
- Lightweight covers need special attention while covering or removing from the motorcycle to avoid any scratches/tearing.
- It is advisable to remove the cover for some time in case you keep your motorcycle un-used for a long period of time. Continuous exposure to heat or rain may impact the quality of the material making it vulnerable to wear and tear.
- Keep a check on internal parts getting moisture because of continuous or long-time coverage. It may lead to rustiness on the metal or chrome.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the best brands for motorcycle covers?
Answer: Some of the best brands include Dowco, Badass, and Tourmaster.
- What material should I choose?
Answer: Motorcycle covers are made from different materials such as nylon, polyurethane, and polyester. Choose a cover made from nylon because of its durability.
Conclusion: Enhance your motorcycle protection with cover
A motorcycle cover is an important accessory to provide overall protection. They are weather-resistant, waterproof, and comes under affordable cost.
The best part about them is they are helpful in providing peace-of-mind in terms of protection, security, and cleanliness irrespective of the location of your motorcycle.
There are plenty of motorcycle covers that one can review in just one article. However, we have taken our time to choose the best five out of the thousands out there. Any of them is durable, strong, and made from quality material and will make a good and long-lasting choice for you.
Hope the above information is helpful in choosing the best motorcycle covers. If you have any further questions or need any help please feel free to leave your comments below and I will come back to you as soon as possible.