It is not out of place to get thirsty when riding a motorcycle. The annoying part is that you have to pull over at a gas station or at any other convenient place to reach for your bottled water in the saddlebag. This can be time-wasting especially if you still have a long distance to cover. The solution to this problem is to get a motorcycle cup holder. In this post, you will find the best motorcycle cup holder reviews.
With the cup holder, you can easily re-hydrate your body without pulling over. It is convenient and handy.
The benefits of having a motorcycle cup holder
- Convenience: Cup holders provide you much better convenience to have your favorite drink within your reach. With the availability of cup holders, you can avoid untimely halts on the way caused by the frequent need to fulfill your thirst.
- Comfortable Riding: A comfortable ride is assured if you have your favorite drink sitting inside the cup holder. You can easily control the urge to have a small sip from the bottle/cup just by grabbing it from the cup holder while continuing your ride comfortably.
- Additional Space: In the absence of a cup holder, you have to stack your coffee mug or bottled drink inside the saddlebag. A cup holder is beneficial in providing additional space to your external luggage that can be used for other important valuables.
- Improves the Look: Cup holders come in different designs, colors, and materials and are installed on your motorcycle handlebars. Depending on your choice of variant, cup holders add an extra glimpse of shine, and color improving the looks of your motorcycle.
- Miscellaneous Use: An empty cup holder can carry your additional stuff such as a mobile phone, GPS tracker, favorite snacks, tissue pack, etc. It can be used as a small trash can as well giving you multiple options to fill it with other small stuff apart from holding a cup or a bottle.
5 Best Motorcycle Cup Holder Reviews (2021)
It is not an easy task to choose the appropriate cup holder for your motorcycle. We have taken the stress off you. Here are the 5 best motorcycle cup holder reviews you can choose from.
#1 Ciro Black Rubber Drink Holder
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Having constant refreshments on-the-go is easy with the Ciro Black Rubber Cup Holder. The cup holder is specifically designed for Harley-Davidson but fits all motorcycles. It comes with metric screws for easy installation on other brands of motorcycles.
The cup holder is capable of holding a drink of about 30 ounces. It is compatible with mugs, bottles, and cups. When it comes to design, the cup holder looks attractive. Its subtle look blends well with any motorcycle. There are flexible mounting options for a hassle-free installation.
- Weatherproof and durable
- Convenient mounting
- Perfect for all motorcycles
- Easy to detach and adjust
- Made from strong neoprene rubber
- A bit pricey
- Can get scratched
#2 Kuryakyn 1462 Motorcycle Handlebar Accessory
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
Bid farewell to dehydration while riding your motorcycle with the Kuryakyn 1462 cup holder. The mesh basket design stands it out from the rest. Installation is a breeze since the cup holder has a chrome mount. It can be installed on the brake or clutch side of any motorcycle including Harley-Davison.
The cup holder holds a drink in place securely without any splashes. Its chrome design is outstanding making it a perfect blend with any motorcycle. The cup holder can be detached at any time. It comes with a hardware kit, perch mount arm, and anti-seize packet.
- Easy to install
- Can be detached with ease
- Looks great on any bike
- Comes with a chrome mount
- Looks bulky
#3 RAM Level Cup 16oz Drink Holder
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
If you are looking for an inexpensive cup holder, the RAM level cup drink holder is well recommended. It is designed with a handlebar and U-base for easy installation. There are no fears of spills with this cup holder due to its self-leveling feature. It is not only ideal for motorcycles; it is also perfect for boats, ATVs, and mowers.
The cup holder is constructed from marine-grade and powder-coated aluminum with high-strength composite for extreme functionality, reliability, and durability. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Hassle-free installation
- Durable and reliable
- Easily adjustable in any position
- Can be used on cars
- Made from quality materials
- The setup is a bit bulky
#4 Show Chrome Accessories 52-836 Beverage Holder
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
This cup holder can be installed by the pillion if you ride motorcycles such as Indian, Roadmaster, Goldwing, or any other bulky motorcycle. It is made with durability in mind. The cup holder is made from 100% metal with no plastic at all. The installation is completed with two types of brackets.
One is installed on the handlebar while the other is on the rear armrest. For additional security, there are a set of screws to ensure that the cup holder stays in place securely. Installation and removal are super easy. Its chrome finish gives your motorcycle an elegant look.
- Top-quality construction
- Sturdy and durable
- Alluring chrome finish
- Provides great performance
- Easy installation
- Gets scratched easily
#5 Lexin LX-C3 Motorcycle Cup Holder
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
Eliminate thirst anytime with the Lexin LX-C3 motorcycle cup holder. It comes in a basket design to sturdily hold different types of cups and bottles. It holds a 2.7 diameter container perfectly in place. There is no fear of your drink falling off while riding. Installation is super easy with the chrome-plated clamp that securely holds down the basket.
With the 360-degree swivel ball-mount system, the cup holder is going to have a snug fit. This cup holder is durable and well-made. It is made from neoprene material making it waterproof while the clamp is constructed from metal chrome. The best part of it is that the cup holder is extremely affordable.
- It comes with an anti-skid clamp
- Waterproof basket design
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to install
- Prevents spills
- Rivets on the basket may give way after a while
When you are in search of the best motorcycle cup holder, there are a few considerations you must have at the back of your mind. You must look at the compatibility of the cup holder with your type of bike and also the materials used in making the cup holder. You must also look at the insulation. Here are the full details of what you must consider before purchasing a motorcycle cup holder.
- Compatibility with your motorcycle – It is a waste of money and time if your cup holder is not compatible with your motorcycle. As such, compatibility should be the very first thing you must check out. Have a measurement of your motorcycle’s handlebars and the mounting bracket. Ensure that your handlebars are lengthy enough.
- Compatibility with your drink – What type of drink do you want to carry on the motorcycle? Is it bottled water, coffee mug, or cup? Then, the next thing is to figure out the size of the container. Measure the diameter of the base of the container to be sure it fits perfectly with your chosen cup holder.
- Insulation – Don’t overlook the need for insulation. A well-insulated cup holder keeps your drink cool no matter how hot the weather is. So, some cup holder has got built-in insulation while others have koozies. Bear in mind that koozies make the drink thicker.
- Materials – Would you go for a cup holder made from any kind of material? Doing so won’t be wise. Motorcycle cup holders are made from different materials such as plastics, leather, fabric, chrome, metal, or polycarbonate. The material you choose will depend on the motorcycle design, the drink you will want to carry, the handlebar space, and your budget. Cup holders made of polycarbonate and plastic materials are durable but become fragile under a scorching sun while that of metal is strong and sturdy but can make your drink get hot under the sun.
- Adjustable cup holder – If you don’t want to bother about the size of the container that will hold your drink, it makes sense to look for a cup holder that is adjustable. Adjusting the cup holder helps it to fit your container perfectly.
How to install a motorcycle cup holder
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Must the cup holder be mounted on the handlebars?
Answer: Yes. This makes it quite easy to access. However, it can be mounted at other places like the brake perch or clutch.
2. Why is a cup holder useful on the motorcycle?
Answer: It is useful when you don’t have a saddlebag to keep your drink. With a drink holder, you can drink your beverage on-the-go if you are thirsty.
3. How much does a cup holder cost?
Answer: It all depends on the material but it can cost between $30 and $100.
Conclusion: Stay hydrated with motorcycle cup holders
Thirst or dehydration does not give notice while riding a motorcycle. It can happen at any time. The best way to rehydrate or quench your thirst on-the-go is to install a motorcycle cup holder. It saves you a lot of time that would have been wasted pulling over at the gas station just to have a drink. It comes in handy whether you ride short or long distances. If you are a coffee lover, it also helps you to have your coffee whenever you want it.
Going over our review of the 5 best motorcycle cup holders will assist you in making an enduring choice. All the products have been tested for durability and reliability.