Riding a motorcycle is a fun and exciting activity. But the rider needs to be well-dressed for safety and security purposes. The protection of every rider should be paramount over the fun and enjoyment that come from riding a motorcycle. Using a pair of the best motorcycle gloves help to keep you safe from sudden impact and accidents.
The Benefits Of Wearing Motorcycle Gloves
- Hand-protection: The main purpose of wearing gloves is to provide protection to your palms and fingers. In an unfortunate event of an accident or falling, the hand gloves protect the scratches and reduce the injury to your hand. Hand gloves also protect your hands from the continuous blowing wind impacts while riding.
- Convenience: Hand gloves are of great help in providing comfort and convenience while riding the motorcycle. In a way, they are instrumental in providing the perfect grip and also protect your palms from the ruggedness of handles that appear from continuous use.
- Style: Hand gloves are also considered stylish accessories. Frequent bike riders and especially the adventurers love to wear a pair of attractive and stylish hand gloves as part of their motorcycle gear to gain attention.
- Weather-protection: Riding with hand gloves is an advantage during hard weather conditions. They keep your hands safe, warm, and dry that allow you to travel in freezing cold and rainy season.
- Professional Accessory: The importance of wearing hand gloves is further strengthened by watching motorcyclists who are part of racing sports. The pair of hand gloves are worn as a mandatory part of their motorcycle gear as an indication of safety, comfort, grip, and convenience.
Best Motorcycle Gloves Review in 2020
Choosing a comfortable and durable pair of gloves can be a difficult task especially for first-timers. We have shortlisted 5 motorcycle gloves basis our personal experience and knowledge. Reading this review will help you make a good and long-lasting choice.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Seibertron Unisex Gloves
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Seibertron Unisex Gloves are the first pair of gloves to be reviewed. These gloves are designed for off-road and dirt motorcycles. They work great with different brands of motorcycles such as MTB, ATV, MX, and BMX. The outlook and design of the gloves are great.
Made from extremely sturdy materials, these gloves provide a snug fit and are comfortable too. Many riders prefer these gloves to other brands because they are made from lycra and silicone for improved grip and secure handling.
Provides excellent grip,
Easy to wear and remove,
No wrist loops,
Comfortable to use
No retention of heat
Not ideal for touchscreen
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Deersoft Fingerless Riding Motorcycle Gloves
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Deersoft Fingerless Riding Motorcycle Gloves are an amazing product and well enjoyed by a lot of riders. They are of high-quality. The durability and performance of the gloves are not in doubt. These gloves are made from Deersoft leather for utmost comfort and protection.
They are suitable for summer rides and help to reduce hand stress. The gloves are breathable with comfortable Velcro closure that makes them easy to wear and remove. The tremendous grip of these gloves is perfect in providing safety. There is a 90-day warranty on the gloves.
Made from quality and durable materials
Comfortable to use
Provides a snug fit
Easy to wear and remove
Provides maximum vibration reduction
Not suitable for extreme temperatures
#3 Riparo Motorsports Men's Fingerless Riding Gloves
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The fingerless riding gloves from Riparo Motorsports are designed for riders who are involved in motorsports. They are comfortable and enjoyable to wear for regular motorcyclists too. With the perforated leather, these gloves provide excellent ventilation to make your hands stay cool always.
The knuckle holes make the mobility of your fingers super easy. This pair of gloves are affordable and easy to wear.
Affordable and comfortable,
Protects the knuckles adequately,
The wrist strap comes with a snap button for a perfect fit
Not suitable for the winter season
It is slippery
#4 Premium Men's Motorcycle Gel Gloves
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
There are plenty of motorcycle gloves out there in the market but the Premium Men’s Motorcycle Gel Gloves stand out from the crowd. They are made from premium materials to keep riders safe and well protected from impacts and accidents. The authentic leather materials provide comfort for all-day usage.
They come with a reinforced palm that provides stability for your hands. For a custom fit, make use of the loop and hook feature that is easy to adjust. The wrist area of the gloves has a gel pad to reduce vibration. There is enough ventilation from the perforated leather.
Comfortable and durable
Provides a great grip
Made from premium materials
Flexible and sturdy
Easily adjustable hook and loop strap
Leaves stain on your hand if worn in the rainy season
#5 Joe Rocket Men's Eclipse Motorcycle Gloves
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
Joe Rocket's brand of gloves is well-loved by many riders. This is because the products are always of excellent quality with extreme durability. The gloves are made from premium materials to keep you comfortable and safe all the time. These gloves provide a snug fit with an excellent grip that is made possible by the Velcro strap design.
Provides unparallel grip
Works well with a touchscreen
Durable and comfortable
It is slippery
May dye the hands
Purchasing a perfect pair of gloves is not easy. There are factors to consider before buying motorcycle gloves. Some of the factors are what we are going to explain so you can make an excellent choice. Here are things to look out for.
Features to look for while buying motorcycle gloves
- Weather – Weather is an important consideration when choosing a pair of motorcycle gloves. The weather can change at any time. The key advice is that if you are going to ride when the weather is cold, it is better to use gloves made from lycra or nylon. In case you want to ride the motorcycle when the weather is hot, use gloves made from leather. And if you are an adventurous rider, go for all-weather gloves.
- Type of motorcycle or bike – The type of bike that you ride will determine the type of gloves that you will purchase. As an adventurous rider, you can go for gloves that are stylish and colorful. But if you ride a racing bike, you must use a more sturdy and durable pair of gloves that can withstand wear and tear.
- Material – This is also an essential consideration when buying motorcycle gloves. Some of the materials used in the making of gloves are lycra, sheepskin, nylon, and leather. The toughest of them all is goatskin, then, cowhide. But what is more important is the strength of the material and how scratch-resistant the material is. Ensure that the palm area is soft to give you a good grip without any injuries. A combination of cotton and polyester will make an excellent choice.
- Fit – Usually most of the Motorcycle gloves expand with time. When choosing motorcycle gloves, pick the gloves that have a snug fit. But ensure that they are not too tight to allow a free flow of blood. Tight gloves can restrict blood flow and lead to a loss of feeling and control. Make use of the manufacturer’s size chart to choose the right gloves that fit you perfectly.
- Easy access to handlebars – A good pair of gloves should give you unfettered access to your handlebars. Whichever model you want to buy should allow you to use all the handles and pedals on your motorcycle with ease.
- Riding terrain – There will be a difference between riding in the city and difficult terrain. If you are an urban rider, nothing is stopping you from choosing a stylish pair of gloves with a good look and appearance. But if you are always riding through difficult terrains, you need to consider the following factors:
- Protection – Your protection is an important consideration. Safety must always be at the back of your mind if you ride in tough terrains.
- Comfort – Comfort is also important when riding through difficult terrains. Your gloves must not cause you pain in the hands.
- Adventure – If you ride through multiple countries, you need breathable gloves that are well ventilated.
What we recommend to fit into these above factors is a pair of touring gloves or adventure motorcycle gloves.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I pick the right gloves?
Answer: First thing is to measure your hand and lookup for your size in the manufacturer’s size chart
- How can one take care of the gloves?
Answer: Gloves do not need moisture. If they come in contact with water, ensure that you dry them properly.
- Are there unisex motorcycle gloves?
Answer: Yes, Seibertron Unisex Gloves has unisex appeal and is custom fit for all types of users.
Conclusion: Motorcycle gloves are additional cover to your hands
We have seen the importance of motorcycle gloves above and its various types. As a motorcyclist, your hands play a very important part of your travel and it becomes more important to take proper care of your hands while riding.
A pair of hand gloves provide an additional cover to make your ride comfortable, and safe that costs hardly anything to your pocket.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you decide to buy the best motorcycle gloves. If you have any questions or want to add your personal choice of products and experience, please leave your comments below and I will be more than happy to help you out.