Riding a motorcycle is a fun and exciting activity. But the rider needs to be well-dressed for safety and security purposes. The protection of every rider should be paramount over the fun and enjoyment that come from riding a motorcycle. Using a pair of the best motorcycle gloves helps to keep you safe from sudden impact and accidents. In this post, you will find the best motorcycle gloves review.
The benefits of wearing motorcycle gloves
- Hand-protection: The main purpose of wearing gloves is to provide protection to your palms and fingers. In case you fall from the bike the first thing to touch the ground is your hands. This is where gloves come in handy to protect your palms from scratches or injury caused by the rough surface. Hand gloves are also very effective in keeping your hands protected from the blowing breeze that distracts your riding.
- Convenient grip: As a motorcyclist, you get better control and grip with hand gloves. The acceleration and breaking become smoother and your palms remain protected from the ruggedness of motorcycle handles. The hand gloves keep the motorcycle handles non-slippery which is caused by the continuous gripping.
- Weather-protection: You cannot continue your motorcycle ride in harsh weather conditions. Gripping the motorcycle handles is very difficult in the monsoon. Similarly, the freezing cold weather can make your fingers go numb. Riding with motorcycle hand gloves gives you an advantage during such weather conditions. They keep your hands safe, warm, and dry to continue your ride.
- Style & Attraction: Some bikers use motorcycle hand gloves to gain attraction. These gloves come in different colors, and designs to enhance a rider’s look. Apart from being a hand protector, motorcycle hand gloves can be used for style and attraction especially by adventurous bikers.
- Professional Accessory: The importance of wearing hand gloves is further strengthened by watching motorcyclists who are part of racing sports. The pair of hand gloves are worn as a mandatory part of their motorcycle gear as an indication of safety, comfort, grip, and convenience.
5 Best Motorcycle Gloves Review in 2021
Choosing a comfortable and durable pair of gloves can be a difficult task especially for first-timers. We have shortlisted 5 best motorcycle gloves after testing many of them. Reading this review will help you make a good and long-lasting choice. Let’s get started without wasting any more time.
#1 Seibertron Unisex Gloves
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Seibertron Unisex Gloves are the first pair of gloves to be reviewed. These gloves are designed for off-road and dirt motorcycles. They work great with different brands of motorcycles such as MTB, ATV, MX, and BMX. The outlook and design of the gloves are great.
Made from extremely sturdy materials, these gloves provide a snug fit and are comfortable too. Many riders prefer these gloves to other brands because they are made from lycra and silicone for improved grip and secure handling.
- Provides excellent grip
- Easy to wear and remove
- Nice design
- No wrist loops
- Comfortable to use
- No retention of heat
- Not ideal for touchscreen
#2 Deersoft Fingerless Riding Motorcycle Gloves
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Deersoft Fingerless Riding Motorcycle Gloves are an amazing product and well enjoyed by a lot of riders. They are of high-quality. The durability and performance of the gloves are not in doubt. These gloves are made from deersoft leather for utmost comfort and protection.
They are suitable for summer rides and help to reduce hand stress. The gloves are breathable with comfortable Velcro closure that makes them easy to wear and remove. The tremendous grip of these gloves is perfect in providing safety. There is a 90-day warranty on the gloves.
- Made from quality and durable materials
- Comfortable to use
- Provides a snug fit
- Easy to wear and remove
- Provides maximum vibration reduction
- Limited warranty
- Not suitable for extreme temperatures
#3 Riparo Motorsports Men’s Fingerless Riding Gloves
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The fingerless riding gloves from Riparo Motorsports are designed for riders who are involved in motorsports. They are comfortable and enjoyable to wear for regular motorcyclists too. With the perforated leather, these gloves provide excellent ventilation to make your hands stay cool always.
The knuckle holes make the mobility of your fingers super easy. This pair of gloves is affordable and easy to wear.
- Excellent design
- Affordable and comfortable
- Well ventilated
- Protects the knuckles adequately
- The wrist strap comes with a snap button for a perfect fit
- Not suitable for the winter season
- It is slippery
#4 Premium Men’s Motorcycle Gel Gloves
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
There are plenty of motorcycle gloves out there in the market but the Premium Men’s Motorcycle Gel Gloves stand out from the crowd. They are made from premium materials to keep riders safe and well protected from impacts and accidents. The authentic leather materials provide comfort for all-day usage.
They come with a reinforced palm that provides stability for your hands. For a custom fit, make use of the loop and hook feature that is easy to adjust. The wrist area of the gloves has a gel pad to reduce vibration. There is enough ventilation from the perforated leather.
- Comfortable and durable
- Provides a great grip
- Made from premium materials
- Flexible and sturdy
- Easily adjustable hook and loop strap
- Not waterproof,
- Leaves stain on your hand if worn in the rainy season
#5 Joe Rocket Men’s Eclipse Motorcycle Gloves
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
Joe Rocket’s brand of gloves is well-loved by many riders. This is because the products are always of excellent quality with extreme durability. The gloves are made from premium materials to keep you comfortable and safe all the time. These gloves provide a snug fit with an excellent grip that is made possible by the Velcro strap design.
- User-friendly design
- Provides unparallel grip
- Well padded
- Works well with a touchscreen
- Durable and comfortable
- They are slippery
- May dye the hands
Purchasing a pair of motorcycle gloves is not like picking a shirt from a clothing store. There are factors to consider before buying motorcycle gloves. Some of the factors are what we are going to explain so you can make an excellent choice. Here are things to look out for.
- Weather – Weather is an important consideration when choosing a pair of motorcycle gloves. The weather can change at any time. The key advice is that if you are going to ride when the weather is cold, it is better to use gloves made from lycra or nylon. In case you want to ride a motorcycle when the weather is hot, use gloves made from leather. And if you are an adventurous rider, go for all-weather gloves.
- Type of motorcycle or bike – The type of bike that you ride will determine the type of gloves that you will purchase. As an adventurous rider, you can go for gloves that are stylish and colorful. But if you ride a racing bike, you must use a more sturdy and durable pair of gloves that can withstand wear and tear.
- Material – This is also an essential consideration when buying motorcycle gloves. Some of the materials used in the making of gloves are lycra, sheepskin, nylon, and leather. The toughest of them all is goatskin, then, cowhide. But what is more important is the strength of the material and how scratch-resistant the material is. Ensure that the palm area is soft to give you a good grip without any injuries. A combination of cotton and polyester will make an excellent choice.
- Riding terrain – There will be a difference between riding in the city and difficult terrains. If you are an urban rider, nothing is stopping you from choosing a stylish pair of gloves with a good look and appearance. But if you are always riding through difficult terrains, you need to consider the following factors:
- Protection – Your protection is an important consideration. Safety must always be at the back of your mind if you ride in tough terrains.
- Comfort – Comfort is also important when riding through difficult terrains. Your gloves must not cause you pain in the hands.
- Adventure – If you ride through multiple countries, you need breathable gloves that are well ventilated.
What we recommend to fit into these above factors is a pair of touring gloves or adventure motorcycle gloves.
- Fit – Usually most Motorcycle gloves expand with time. When choosing motorcycle gloves, pick the gloves that have a snug fit. But ensure that they are not too tight to allow a free flow of blood. Tight gloves can restrict blood flow and lead to a loss of feeling and control. Make use of the manufacturer’s size chart to choose the right gloves that fit you perfectly.
- Easy access to handlebars – A good pair of gloves should give you unfettered access to your handlebars. Whichever model you want to buy should allow you to use all the handles and pedals on your motorcycle with ease.
Why you should wear motorcycle gloves?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I pick the right gloves?
Answer: First thing is to measure your hand and lookup for your size in the manufacturer’s size chart.
- How can one take care of the gloves?
Answer: Gloves do not need moisture. If they come in contact with water, ensure that you dry them properly.
- Are there unisex motorcycle gloves?
Answer: Yes, Seibertron Unisex Gloves has unisex appeal and is custom fit for all types of users.
Conclusion: Protect your hands with motorcycle gloves
We have seen the importance of wearing motorcycle gloves in the above review. The gloves are available in different types and colors. As a motorcyclist, your hands play a very important part. Be it controlling, braking, or accelerating you cannot maneuver your ride without your hands. This makes it more important to take proper care and protection for your hands.
Motorcycle gloves are not costly. They can be stored anywhere easily and provides an additional cover to your hands. Gloves are a must-have item to make your ride more comfortable, convenient, and safe.