Riding a motorcycle or bike is enjoyable and helps your mobility from one place to another. But it is dangerous to ride a motorcycle without a pair of goggles. Whether you ride with an open face or helmet, putting on goggles would keep your eyes safe and protected. When you are riding at a high speed, you need to protect your eyes from dirt and dust, insects, dryness, harsh UV rays, and road grimes. The best to stay protected is by choosing the best motorcycle goggles.
With many inferior products in the market, it is difficult to find durable and long-lasting goggles. You don’t have to bother yourself since we have done all the needed research to help you in this article.
The Benefits Of Wearing Motorcycle Goggles
- Eye-protection: Goggles are a great way to protect your eyes from the continuous breeze that distracts your ride. Riding with goggle enables you to ride smoothly and with peace-of-mind.
- Weather-protection: You can do your motorcycle riding with great comfort in any kind of weather with goggles. Wearing an appropriate goggle saves your eyes and vision from heat, dust, fog, and rain.
- Improves vision: Yes, goggle helps in improving your vision and focus. One of the biggest distractions during your ride are the sun rays that cramps your vision and needs you to put an extra burden on your eyes. Goggles provide protection against the UV-rays and keep your eyes cool and focused.
- Prevents Blurriness: Blurring vision is a big cause of concern in the younger generation. Wearing goggles protect your eyes from the speeding strike of dirt, and dust resulting in flowing of water that causes blurriness and early aging of your vision.
- Accessory: Goggles are considered a regular part of the fashion accessory to make a stylish statement. Great looking goggles add a style to your personality and gives a macho look to your status.
Best Motorcycle Goggles Reviews in 2020
We have made a list of the best motorcycle goggles so you can make a worthy investment to protect your eyes from danger.
Read on as this review will help you made an excellent choice.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Oakley O2 MX Bio Hazard Motorcycle Goggles
Product Rating: 4.8 / 5
The Oakley O2 MX does not come cheap. They are made with durability and sturdiness in mind. The performance is unparalleled when it comes to comfort. Equipped with a large lens and streamlined frame geometry, these goggles help to expand peripheral views in all directions. Sweat is easily wicked out with the triple-layer face foam fleece.
The lens is impact-resistant, scratch-resistant, and anti-fog. These goggles have got excellent compatibility with most prescription eyewear. They come with a removable nose guard.
Easy to remove nose guard
Scratch-resistant and anti-fog
Wick out a sweat with ease
Sturdy and durable
Comfortable to wear
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Bertoni Aviator Motorcycle Goggles
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
Protect yourself and get a good view of the road with the Bertoni Aviator Motorcycle Glasses. The glasses have vintage photochromic lenses (from clear to smoke) that have the all-in-one capability of automatically adapting the vision basis to the changing light and weather.
They are suitable for operating ATV, motorcycle, and ideal for wearing with helmets. UV rays won’t pose any problem to your vision. The sunglasses prevent harmful UV rays that come from the sun. Changing the lenses is super easy. The adjustable strap is slip-resistant and comfortable to give excellent fit and versatility.
Comfortable and versatile
Provide a snug fit
#3 Surpassme All Weather Motorcycle Goggles
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
Surpassme is a household name when it comes to the making of goggles and sunglasses. These goggles are windproof and come with vents to stop fogging. The three pairs of goggles come with three different lenses such as smoke lens, yellow lens, and clear lens.
The yellow lens provides excellent light block when riding during the night and provides impressive visibility when riding in the rain, the smoke lens is most suitable under strong sunlight and provide better visual effect with the anti-glare feature, and the clear lens help to filter high beams and UV at night. These sunglasses provide exceptional protection against UVA/UVB which comes from the sun.
Resist UCA/UVB rays
Each pair has a case
Provide all-day comfort
Not big enough to wear prescription glasses underneath them
#4 Bobster Bugeye Goggles T4583
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
The Bobster Bugeye Goggles are extreme sport eyewear with open cell sweat absorbing foam surrounding the frame for incredible protection. The flexible plastic material makes these goggles glare-free. You get effective blockage from UVA and UVB rays because of its shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses.
With foam cushion and adjustable strap, the goggles are extremely comfortable to wear. The eyewear is small and compact enough to fit on the helmet.
Tinted glasses for sunny weather
Durable and strong
Adjustable and comfortable strap
Cannot be worn on eyeglasses
Lenses cannot be interchanged
#5 Coleman ATV/UTV Goggles with Adjustable Strap
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
The Coleman ATV/UTV Goggles provide incredible eye protection to keep you safe while on adventures. These goggles come with a durable, polycarbonate lens that resists scratching and fogging. The comfortable design makes them ideal for long-wearing.
No matter your head size, you can be sure to have a custom fit anytime you use the goggles with the adjustable strap. They come with a flexible polyurethane frame that has excellent conformity with your face.
Scratch and fog-resistant
May not fit on some helmets
Riding motorcycle with goggles or glasses is not meant for everyone. But if you intend using an open-faced helmet with no visor, it makes sense that you use goggles to protect your eyes. There are a wide variety of goggles out there. Goggles can look similar but no two brands are the same.
There is a great difference between a pair of fashion eyewear and sturdily constructed eye protection equipment. Anytime you want to buy motorcycle goggles, it is important that you know what to do.
Here is a buyer’s guide to choosing the best motorcycle goggles.
Features to look for while buying motorcycle goggles
- Anti-fog – This is one of the critical considerations when buying motorcycle goggles. Foggy goggles can hamper clear vision. As such, you must look for goggles that allow air to circulate to prevent the formation of foggy layers. This feature is needed especially if you intend riding when the weather is cold or during the rainy season.
- Exchangeable lenses – Do you need exchangeable or fixed lenses? The question is self-explanatory. If you ride your motorcycle in different light conditions, purchasing a pair of goggles with a variety of interchangeable lenses will be a great advantage.
- Protective quality – A pair of goggles should be able to prevent flying insects, dirt, and dust. As such, go for goggles that are made from polycarbonate material that comes with shatterproof and windproof features. Also, ensure that the goggles are scratch-resistant because scratches can prevent clear vision.
- Lens tint – Bright conditions can hinder you from having a good view of the road. And this means wearing polarized or tinted glasses to have clear visibility. All the products in our reviews are UV-resistant to safe your eyes from damage but if you ride in bright lighting; it makes sense to go for goggles with dark tinted lenses. Amber tinted glasses are recommended if you ride in dark conditions. But if you ride in a combination of dark and light conditions, go for interchangeable lenses.
- Prescription lenses – Your eyes come first when choosing a pair of motorcycle goggles. Due to this, putting on the right prescription is vital. Wearing goggles on prescription glasses is not easy. The good thing is that there are a few solutions that you can adopt. One of them is to use contact lenses with the goggles. But this option is not suitable for everyone. Another option is to get prescription motorcycle goggles or glasses. However, having these two options can be expensive. The best thing to do is to choose goggles that can easily be worn on your prescription glasses.
- Budget – Your budget will determine the kind of goggles that you buy. But generally speaking, goggles are not expensive. You can get a pair of goggles for as low as $10. You must also understand that more expensive goggles provide more protection than the cheaper ones. The main difference is in durability and style.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can goggles be worn on a helmet at the same time?
Answer: Yes, nothing stops you from wearing your goggles on the helmet as far as it fits comfortably.
- How do I prevent my goggles from fogging?
Answer: Fog is mostly experienced during winter. One way to prevent fogging is to adjust the goggles or use an anti-fog wipe.
- Do prescription goggles work like regular glasses?
Answer: Yes, they do. The only difference is that prescription goggles have to be made to suit your specific prescription.
Conclusion: Make goggles a regular part of your motorcycle ride
Riding a motorcycle is an art. You need agility to handle the maneuvering, accurate judgement to control the speed, physical toughness to maintain your machine, and overall a striking balance on the road to avoid any untoward incident with a great pair of eyes.
Great things require proper protection and caring that comes in the form of goggles for motorcycle riders. The goggles should be a must-have item in your list of motorcycle gear.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you decide to buy the best motorcycle goggles. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.