There is no doubt riding a motorcycle is enjoyable, fun, and adventurous. But the joy of riding a motorcycle comes with a lot of risks. Accidents can occur at any time. This is why riding gears such as helmets, jackets, goggles, and gloves are recommended. Motorcycle gears are not complete without a pair of boots. The best motorcycle boots protect your feet from unpredictable accidents. However, motorcycle boots are not just about the protection of the feet, they are stylish and comfortable.
How do you choose durable and lasting boots? This is why we have made this article.
The Benefits Of Wearing Motorcycle Boots
- Comfort: Your feet play an important part when you ride a motorcycle. From changing gear to maintaining your physical balance your feet require comfort that is fulfilled by motorcycle boots. They keep your feet warm and still so that you can manage the physical movement conveniently.
- Feet-protection: Boots definitely protect your feet in case you fall or have to touch the surface repeatedly to maintain the balance in slow-moving traffic. This is one of the main reasons you should prefer to wear boots instead of any other footwear.
- Weather-protection: You cannot ride a motorcycle without the boots in the rainy season. Because of the boots, your feet remain covered and protected from skin infections in the monsoon. Similarly, the boots help in reducing the sweating and freezing of your feet during the hot and cold seasons.
- Fashion: Of course, boots make a fashionable statement. Motorcycle boots are manufactured with toughness, and ruggedness in mind but also comes in great designs and styles. Your motorcycle gear remains incomplete without the right pair of boots.
- Control: The build and weight of your boots are instrumental in handling the controls of your motorcycle. It reduces the efforts while changing gears and keeps your feet intact and non-slippery to help you ride with complete peace-of-mind.
Best Motorcycle Riding Boots in 2020
We have selected quality and tough boots for your informed choice.
Read on as we review the 5 best motorcycle riding boots.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Alpinestars Men's Motorcycle Boots
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Give your feet the perfect protection they deserve with the Alpinestars Motorcycle Boots. These boots are comfortable and breathable. Made from advanced microfiber material they are resistant to abrasion, stains, and mild water. The perforated medial increases the level of comfort and ventilation you get with this pair of boots.
The material is very strong with a heel counter support system to give you an excellent fit. They are soft and flexible. The level of protection that these boots provide against impacts is unparalleled.
Durable and sturdy
Easy to care for
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Milwaukee MBM407 Motorcycle Leather Boots
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
If you are looking for motorcycle boots that provide unparalleled protection for your feet, look no further than the Milwaukee Motorcycle Boots. Made from full-grain leather to give you the utmost comfort that you crave for. The outsole is resistant to oil and acid to make them durable and long-lasting.
There are two zippers with adjustable ankle strap for exceptional comfort and fit. The boots wick out moisture with ease and they are non-skidding.
Made with moisture-wicking linings
Two zippers for a great fit
It is expensive
#3 Harley Davidson Motorcycle Boots
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Harley Davidson Motorcycle Boots are a classic pair of boots with great style that has endured for many years. The uppers are made from full-grain leather to last for a long time. They are designed with a combination of hook eyelets and metal reinforced straps and buckles for excellent fit and comfort.
The harness strap helps to improve your riding experience. The outsole is oil and slip-resistant to give you a perfect and comfortable grip. When it comes to appearance, the boots look attractive. The performance is also impressive. They are durable and feel cool at all times.
Oil and slip-resistant
Comfortable and stylish
Durable and long-lasting
Sturdy insole and outsole
#4 Dingo Motorcycle Boots
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
If you want to ride in style, do so with the Dingo Motorcycle Boots. The boots are made with the oil-resistant outsole to improve your comfort and safety. With a well-cushioned insole, you can wear these boots all-day long without any discomfort and feel comfortable and stylish.
The leather is of the highest quality and they provide a perfect fit. These boots are highly recommended if you value your protection and safety.
Constructed from genuine leather
Comfortable and stylish
Properly cushioned insole
Perfectly goes with blazers or blue jeans
Some issues with insole
#5 Joe Rocket Big Bang Motorcycle Boots
Product Rating: 4 / 5
The Joe Rocket Motorcycle Boots provide ultimate comfort and warmth whether you are riding or walking. Made with full-grain leather with a matte finish, and molded polymeric ankle protection, these boots will make a worthy investment for your feet. They are built to last for many years.
The padded ankle cuff is what you need for a customized fit. The boots are extremely comfortable. For the fact that these boots are very affordable, they stand out from the crowd. These boots are made for riders who are on a budget.
Comfortable and durable
Sturdy and lightweight
Easy to clean
Not comfortable for all-day use
Since there are plenty of motorcycle boots with different brands, it can be tasking to choose the best motorcycle boots. Differentiating the original products from the inferior ones may be baffling for most first-timers who have no idea of what to look out for when purchasing motorcycle boots. This buyer’s guide is written to guide you adequately so you can make a durable and lasting choice.
Here is what you must consider before purchasing a pair of motorcycle boots.
Features to look for while buying motorcycle boots
- How you ride – How you ride relates to your riding style that should have primary consideration. Different boots are designed for the suitability of different styles. So it makes sense to go for a pair of boots that suit your riding style to avoid discomfort. You are in good stead once the boots can fit different occasions and situations.
- Protection – The level of protection that you derive from the boots is another critical consideration. Avoid boots that don’t provide enough ankle protection. The rule of thumb is that if the boots are too short, then, it means the protection is less. But if the boots are long, they provide enough protection. Usually, when accidents or crashes happen as it is always the case with motorcycles, the legs and feet always get the knocks. Take the level of protection of the boots seriously above the cost.
- Boot construction – How are the boots constructed? This is a question you must find an answer to before purchasing a pair of boots. This covers the materials used in making the boots, the design, style, and the features they come with. When it comes to safety and protection, the add-on features set one pair of boots apart from the other. Boots are not made the same way even by the same manufacturer. It is better to look out for a high-quality pair of boots than to go for cheap ones.
- Comfort – No matter the level of protection and safety the motorcycle boots provide, if they are not comfortable, they become a waste of money. The boots must be ergonomically-designed to provide enough comfort. This means the boots must have good insole and outsole to make stopping and moving easy. They must also provide an excellent grip.
- Resistance to the elements – The boots must be able to resist the elements such as weather. They must also be resistant to oils, chemicals, acids and abrasion. They should be water-resistant and waterproof.
Useful information about motorcycle boots
- Boots must be worn while riding a motorcycle for the sheer protection of your feet. Motorcycle boots are specifically designed from the material that is tough enough to resist the impact, abrasion, cut, tear, and burst.
- Some of the motorcycle boots are also helpful in keeping your feet comfortable as they are equipped with energy absorbers and load spreaders that reduce the mental stress and injury impact to the maximum extent.
- The motorcycle boots that are oil-resistant and comes with rubber-based composite soles are specifically designed to tolerate the excessive heat and liquid that is part of your ride. These boots stand tall and serve you much longer compared to fashion footwear.
- It is always recommended to wear boots that abide by the country-specific regulatory standards. Boots that meet regulatory standards are helpful in saving your life as they are tested on extreme resistance to abrasion, penetration, and other impacts that may cause severe physical damage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How much can a pair of motorcycle boots costs?
Answer: Depending on the quality and material, motorcycle boots can cost from $50 to $180.
- Do manufacturers produce all boots waterproof?
Answer: Not all the boots are waterproof. Some are water-resistant meaning they can only resist splatters of water but cannot stand the rain.
- Are motorcycle boots different from the regular boots?
Answer: Yes. Motorcycles boots have add-on features to provide optimum protection which the regular boots cannot provide.
Conclusion: Balance your ride with motorcycle boots
One of the important factors to balance your ride is your feet movement. Without any doubt, the boots are the only option to protect your feet and provide you control in maneuvering your bike.
Motorcycle boots are stylish, comfortable, protective, and safe that completes your riding gear at low cost.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you decide to buy the best motorcycle boots. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.