Wearing a motorcycle jacket is not just for the sake of it. Motorcycle jackets are an integral part of your safety gear whenever you hit the road. As such, like every other safety gear, this piece of clothing must not be overlooked. In this review post, you will find the best motorcycle riding jacket reviews.
It does not matter if you ride a scooter or mini-sized bike; a motorcycle jacket keeps you comfortable and safe. With the ideal motorcycle jacket, you can strike a balance between looking good and feeling safe.
The benefits of wearing motorcycle riding jackets
- Protect your upper body: Motorcycle riding is always vulnerable to road accidents. If you fall down during the accident, jackets are helpful in saving your upper body from injury and scratches. The leather-made jackets will avoid major harm to your body from the rough surface. It has been proven that wearing a jacket reduces the accidental impact up to 50% in motorcycle mishaps.
- Weather-safety: Weather always plays a spoilsport for the motorcyclists. You may have to look out for a shelter in case it starts raining. A waterproof leather jacket comes in handy during the monsoon. It is helpful in absorbing the rainwater, keeping your body protected and warm. Leather jackets also keep your body warm during the winter. A nylon material jacket gives you relief in hot weather.
- Style & Comfort: A motorcycle gear is incomplete without a jacket. It symbolizes the personality of a motorcyclist. A jacket demands natural attention and makes you stand apart from the crowd with their different colors and designs. The jacket also brings in comfort and convenience to store your valuable stuff. You can easily carry a keychain, mobile phone, wallet, etc. inside the pocket of jackets.
- Self- Confidence: A perfect motorcycle gear enhances pride and establishes your self-confidence. An organized and well-prepared rider is always in control of his machine and rides with complete peace-of-mind.
5 Best Motorcycle Riding Jacket (Reviews 2021)
Choosing the right motorcycle jacket is where there is a problem especially if you are a first-timer. We have taken care of your worries in this article. After 72 hours of research, we have picked quality and well-made motorcycle jackets so you can make a durable and good choice. Read on as we do a review of the 5 best motorcycle riding jackets.
#1 Milwaukee Classic Side Lace Police Style Jacket
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The Milwaukee Leather Jacket is made from premium milled cowhide to soothe your skin and make you comfortable no matter the season of the year. It gives you that classic biker’s look with the police-style design. This jacket has got everything a biker could ever ask for.
It comes with pockets for ease of storage and there are different ways to adjust the jacket for a perfect fit. You can’t go wrong with the Milwaukee Leather Jacket. It is a biker’s choice.
- Two zippered pockets
- Made from premium milled cowhide
- Comes with a built-in waist belt
- Water-resistant and comfortable
- Heavy-duty and well constructed
- No armor
- No inside pockets
#2 HHR Textile Motorcycle Jacket
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Made from 600 deniers mesh/polyester, the Textile Jacket with CE amour is well-made to provide unparallel comfort and safety all day long. There are two front zippered pockets for the easy storage of small items. With the side adjustable waist, what you get is a customized fit.
The sleeves and shoulder come with leather accents for extra comfort. Whenever the temperature plummets, the warm quilted liner comes to the rescue to provide you with some warmth.
- Sturdy and durable
- Provides enough ventilation
- Gives you a customized fit
- Two zippered pockets
- Well padded & Waterproof
- Average quality zippers
#3 Viking Cycle Ironborn Protective Textile Motorcycle Jacket
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Riding your motorcycle this weekend? You would fall in love with the Viking Jacket for its warmth and overall protection. This piece of clothing is all-season and comes with removable CE armor. The jacket is durable and will last for many years.
It has a dedicated phone pocket and there is also a waist adjuster. You will feel very comfortable in this jacket with the well-lined collar and cuffs. Pant attachment is possible with the belt loops.
- Fits perfectly
- Provides exceptional ventilation
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Plenty of pockets
- Keeps you warm
- A bit pricey
#4 Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 Textile Motorcycle Jacket
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Joe Rocket Atomic 4.0 is a sophisticated motorcycle jacket made from a waterproof material with a wonderful ventilation system. It comes with integrated armor for ultimate protection. It also comes with a full-sleeve liner that is well insulated and removable.
There are reflective stripes to aid visibility at night. Shoulders and elbows are heavily padded for extra protection and comfort. The adjustable waistband system ensures you get a customized fit. The jacket can be attached to the belt using the snap loops.
- Waterproof zippers
- Well ventilated
- Shoulders, elbows, lower and upper arms are well padded
- Comfortable, protective, and stylish
- Fits well and versatile
- Spine protector is sold separately
#5 ILM Motorcycle Jacket
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
If you are looking for a motorcycle jacket made from quality leather, look no further than the ILM Motor Leather Jacket. This leather is thick enough to act as padding to keep you comfortable. The jacket comes with patches and zippered front to keep you warm and protected.
Made with a durable polyester lining, this jacket provides comfort in all seasons. With the adjustable laces on the sides, the jacket provides a perfect fit.
- Suitable for all weathers
- Constructed from solid leather
- Impressive and durable
- Extremely soft and supple
- Comes with sturdy polyester lining
- No removable shoulder armor pocket
Buying a motorcycle jacket is not like picking books off the shelves. If you want to purchase a jacket for the first time or you want to upgrade to a newer one with better protection, there are factors you must consider. We have done thorough research and drawn up a robust buyer’s guide that will help you make a good choice. If you are looking for the best motorcycle jacket, these are things you must put into consideration.
- Leather material – Motorcycle jackets are made from different types of leathers such as cowhide, goatskin, buffalo, and kangaroo leathers. Generally, solid leather jackets are sturdy and provide exceptional protection in case of an injury that may occur while riding the motorcycle. One of the drawbacks of leather jackets is that they are heavier than jackets made from fabric. This translates to better performance in wet and cold weather but poor in hot weather.
- Fabric material – Nylon is the most used material for fabric jackets since it blends well with materials like Armacor, Kevlar, and Denier Corduroy. For better insulation and breathability, these types of materials are usually part of the stuff used in making nylon jackets. Generally, fabric jackets offer great versatility compared to leather jackets. They are comfortable in hot weather but not in cold weather.
- A hybrid material – This is a mixture of both leather and fabric materials. Jackets made from these combinations are perfect for any weather.
- Safety – Safety is of the utmost importance when choosing a motorcycle jacket. Motorcycle accidents most times lead to serious injuries. This is where leather jackets perform better than fabric jackets because leather stretches better and does not get torn easily. Also, ensure that any jacket you want to buy comes with amour for overall protection and safety.
- Comfort – A motorcycle jacket that is not comfortable is useless. As such, comfort is of great importance. Weight and fit are the two things that determine how comfortable a jacket is.
- Weight – There is no doubt leather jackets are a lot heavier than fabric jackets. But fabric jackets are ideal for riding the motorcycle when touring or racing. Generally, it is advised you choose a fabric jacket if you always embark on long-distance travel and choose a leather jacket for shorter rides.
- Fit – Do you want your jacket to be tight or loose? This is something only you can decide. But the good thing is that most motorcycle jackets are adjustable. The adjustability will help you to customize the jacket to a fit that suits you.
- Pockets – Choose jackets that have pockets so you can easily store important items such as mobile phones and keys.
How to use motorcycle jackets? Tips & Tricks
- Wearing a leather jacket is meant to provide protection during road accidents. The leather material used to manufacture motorcycle jackets is specifically thicker compared to other casual wear jackets. This material is instrumental in reducing physical injury.
- It is recommended to wear a jacket that has armor (s). Some brands specifically attach the armors on shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. The armors are also available at the back, and chest as an additional option. These armors are made of foam material. The armors spread effectively to reduce the impact of an injury on your body parts.
- Alternatively, some of the jackets are designed with the latest textile materials such as denier, kevlar, Cordura, and lycra. Such jackets help in providing additional protection from excessive heat, cold, and water.
How does a motorcycle jacket protect you?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the best way to care for my motorcycle jacket?
Answer: It depends on the type of jacket. If you are using a leather jacket, just clean it up with a soft cloth. For fabric jackets, do a spot cleaning or wash by hand.
- Can motorcycle jackets last for years?
Answer: Motorcycle jackets can last for many seasons if properly cared for.
- Are leather jackets costly?
Answer: Leather jackets are not costly. They cost around $50 to $100.
Conclusion: Protect yourself and improve your looks with motorcycle jackets
Jackets specifically manufactured for motorcycle ride is important. If you are a frequent rider, not wearing a jacket can put your life at risk of getting injured badly. Apart from providing protection, jackets improve your overall looks and personality.
These jackets are not only meant for a motorcycle ride but they can be also used for any casual wearing occasion. Moreover, they don’t hit your pocket hard and are durable enough to last long with proper maintenance.