Driving at night is a highly stressful task as you are constantly distracted by the opposite vehicle’s headlights. It gets really difficult to continue the ride, especially on the highways where the light is low. Driving in the night becomes riskier with sudden twists and turns, and the crossing of animals. Many of us just succumb to the idea of driving in the dark for the sake of our lives and prefer driving the vehicle in a favorable light. One of the best things to happen in such a situation is the emergence of night vision driving glasses. In this review post, you will find out the best night vision driving glasses to make your driving in the night easier.
Night driving glasses are made of lenses with yellow tint and anti-reflective coating that helps in eliminating or reducing the overall effects of reflective lights or glare.
The benefits of having night vision driving glasses
- Self-protection: The flashing beam lights from the opposite vehicles is the main reason you cannot concentrate on your driving at the night. The headlight sparkles make your vision blurry. Continuing driving in such a situation could put your life in a spot of bother. It is also dangerous for other vehicles and pedestrians on the road. Night vision driving glasses has yellow-tinted lenses and anti-reflective coating to reduce the impact of burring vision. This helps increase visibility and makes your ride safe and protective.
- Improves Visibility: Night drivers are prone to visibility ailments. Excessive flashes of headlights in the night forces you to put more strain on your eyes. In the long run, this could reduce your visibility. The specialized lenses night driving glasses are helpful in protecting your eyes and improves visibility for peaceful driving.
- Protecting others: Night vision driving glasses are helpful in protecting other vehicles, pedestrians, and animals on the road. Blurred vision is not only self-destroying but also puts other passing-by vehicles at the risk of accidents. Animal crossing is a frequent activity on the highways at night and can be hit if not spotted at a glance. By putting on night driving glasses you are protecting and saving many precious lives.
- Stress-free Ride: Driving is mostly stressful but driving in the night could add to the woes of putting additional stress on your mind. The unpleasant weather could discourage you from continuing your ride. Night vision driving glasses help you overcome the low-light and unsuitable weather conditions, and give you a stress-free driving experience.
5 Best Night Vision Driving Glasses (2021)
Choosing the right product could be an issue. There are so many products in this category that claim to provide perfect relief from the troubles of night vision driving. We will help you find the best night vision driving glasses below with our detailed reviews.
#1 BLUPOND Night Driving Glasses
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
Safety comes first when you have to drive down the streets at night hours. You must avoid everything that may cause injuries and casualties. The first products in this list of best night vision driving glasses are the BLUPOND glasses. Being made from shatterproof lenses and metal frames, these are super comfortable and sturdy.
Their lightweight and semi-rimmed structure adds to the functionality and style of these glasses. Easy to wear BLUPOND night driving glasses have hinges that are spring-loaded; these provide enhanced shock-resistant ability.
- Complete UV400 protection
- Shatterproof Polycarbonate Lenses
- Full kit provided
- Sizing runs a sized-down; an issue for most buyers
#2 Duco Night Vision Polarized Driving Glasses
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
One of the most professional and practical night vision glasses for making your driving great experience. With each opposite light hitting your eyes, they may lose their focus and make driving unsafe. But with these glasses, you will not have to worry about that.
The best part of these glasses is their silicon nose pads making them fit your face properly. The frame is very stylish and lenses scratch-resistant; you can get front and side protection of your eyes with these. The glasses are very inexpensive and utilitarian.
- Provides protection from UV400
- TR90 frame; very lightweight and lasting
- Sporty look
- Delicate-looking structure
#3 Polarized Clip-on Anti-Glare Driving Glasses
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
If you are trying to get your hands on one of the best night driving glasses for cars then your hunt ends here at Polarized Clip-on Sunglasses Anti-Glare Driving Glasses. People having exceptional fashion sense and love for sports will find these very attractive.
They are not only mere accessories; these glasses are designed specially to be assistive during the night hour driving. The polarized lenses can prevent glare and excess reflection, the lightweight of the frame makes it easier to be worn for hours. The lenses also enhance the color quality and clarity of the view.
- Lasting and Light in weight
- Sporty Design for both men and women
- Polarized Lenses
- Not impact-resistant
#4 Soxick Night Polarized Glasses For Men and Women
Product Rating: 4 / 5
You can stay trendy and safe if you wear these polarized glasses by Soxick. They are not expensive, very useful, helps you see clear, and are comfortable. These are an all-in-one solution for the best night vision driving glasses. If you don’t like its frame then you might want to take a look at its features.
The polarized lenses will help you see better during the night hours and their anti-reflective coating and UV400 protection make them great for daytime as well. The frame is made from a magnesium-aluminum alloy, which is created for lasting and clear vision.
- Sturdy making
- Multi-purpose use
- Anti-reflective coating
- Limited official sellers available
#5 YIMI Polarized Photochromic Driving Z87 Sunglasses
Product Rating: 4 / 5
If you wish to keep your style up while driving your cars at night then YIMI polarized photochromic driving glasses are the best option for you! You will not only get a clear night view but also comfort. The glasses have a lightweight frame with a metallic glaze.
The specialty of these glasses is their non-polarized lenses that have a non-reflective coating; this can protect your eyes by filtering the direct lights from traffic. This enables you to have a clear, sharp, and refined view of the roads ahead. The lenses are also infused with a tint to absorb blue light and UV rays for reducing glare.
- UV400 Polarized Lenses
- Photochromic Style
- Lightweight & Safe
- Chances of breakage due to their frame less design
For people who have sensitive eyesight, driving cars at night can be troublesome. However, getting yourself night driving glasses can be highly supportive. But, which one to choose? What are the ideal features? Is there a better substitute? We will answer all your queries about finding the best night driving glasses for cars. Below are top aspects to be considered when buying night-time driving glasses:
- Polarized Lenses – If you are looking for ideal glasses for you and your style then one of the top priorities should be the polarization of lenses. When a person wears polarized lenses, they lower glare by blocking the horizontal light rays and permitting the vertical light rays to enter. Other than this, you will also have to make sure that the lenses you choose have the best polarization type.
- Lens Material – The lenses for night driving glasses are generally made from two materials- Polycarbonate and Tivex. Lenses made from Tivex are found in limited quantity however the driving experience is peerless. The tivex lenses are lighter and clearer than their polycarbonate replacements. SR-91 is the top quality tivex lenses; they are known to render the best aid and quality driving.
On the contrary, the lenses made from polycarbonate material can be found easily and at inexpensive prices and still deliver quality and durability. These are great options for people who have a habit of dropping things or breaking them. Polycarbonate lenses are lightweight options for people who are looking for quality night driving glasses.
- Lens Tint – The common sunglasses are provided in a spectrum of tint shades; this affects their practicality. Although, this scenario differs in the case of night driving glasses. For making these glasses effective, the lens tint should be kept in only one color- yellow. Glasses with different shades have different reactions to light rays.
During the night, using glasses with yellow-tinted lenses can promote anti-glare and clearer sight of the road. They can easily tackle blue and white lights. They keep you safe since you have better control over your driving while taking a quick trip to a grocery store or a long-distance road trip.
- Fitting and Sizing – This is the most important factor to be considered; you must wear and try these on physically. You should check its feel and fitting before committing to the decision of buying the particular glasses. The glasses should be comfortable to wear and loose enough to keep away headaches. The chosen glasses should fit your forehead properly, they should not slide or fall with quick movements neither should they cause concussions.
Try and order glasses online that have a return policy; once you receive your parcel, you can try these on yourself. Take a look in the mirror, wear them for a while then decide whether you can wear these out. If you don’t like the fit or size, you always have a chance to return the product. By this time you will have adequate experience of using these glasses; you can wear these while driving back home late at night or take your loved ones for a safe long drive.
How to improve the night vision for driving? Tips & Tricks
Night driving glasses are one of the options to improve the visibility in the darkness but are not a full-fledged solution to night blindness or blinding ailments. Apart from having the glasses, you need to work on a few points that make your driving job easier.
- If you already wear lenses through glasses, you don’t have to buy separate glasses for driving. Keep your eyeglasses prescription up to date and ask for lenses that come with an additional anti-reflective coating from your doctor.
- Make sure to clean the car windshield properly before starting the journey at the night. Keep the wipers in good and working condition that always comes in handy in tough weather conditions such as rainfall, snowfall, and fog.
- Night driving glasses are useless if your car headlights are dim and dirty. Make sure to clean them regularly from the inside and outside to enjoy clear visibility on the road.
- Your dashboard lights may become another hassle with your direct visibility on the road. Always reduce the dashboard lights to avoid the distraction.
- The opposite vehicles are not the only culprit, but the ones who are chasing you give more trouble through the rear-view mirrors. Almost all the rear-view mirrors come with night setting mode that helps reduce the flashes and glare of headlights.
- Avoid direct contact with opposite direction headlights for the best experience. Your concentration should be to look straight on the road and follow the markings/division to avoid any mishap.
- The best part of night driving is to drive at low speed. This way you can always remain in control while driving and limit the damage to a minimum in case of any accidents.
How to drive at night?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do night driving glasses really work?
Answer: In bits and pieces. According to the experts, night driving glasses are a temporary solution to reduce the glares from the opposite direction which is the main reason to buy these products.
- Is driving at night bad for your eyes?
Answer: Yes. Driving at night causes blurring because of abnormal spreading of eye pupils. It is recommended to avoid driving at night or make use of prescribed anti-glare spectacles/glasses.
- How much do the night driving glasses cost?
Answer: An effective night-driving glass will cost between $20 to $50.
Conclusion: Save your vision from blurring with night vision driving glasses
As per medical research, night driving glasses with yellow-tinted lenses may not be a complete solution to your driving woes. Many doctors suggest wearing glasses with an anti-reflective coating is best to prevent the reflection of lights from entering your lenses. They were also found to improve the detection of pedestrians or animals that are the biggest receptors of road accidents.
Even with the flaws, it is recommended to have night vision driving glasses to improve visibility at the night and ease the driving conditions. As it is rightly said, precaution is always better than cure, night vision driving glasses may not protect you entirely from the driving hazards but will definitely help in detecting and reducing the impact to the minimum.