Trouble is never predicted nor invited in any form. You may feel to remain untouched by any roadside emergency but not everyone on the road feels the same as you. Present day cars may be equipped with lots of advanced safety features or gadgets but do not provide proper aid in the event of roadside accidents, emergencies, or breakdowns. While nobody wants to be part of that situation, it is always better to have an emergency kit to deal with. In this article, we will tell you about the best roadside emergency kits to save you from the unpredicted.
Roadside emergency kits are a combination of necessary tools that will come in handy to save or reduce the impact of any emergencies/breakdowns that may occur during your travel.
The benefits of having roadside emergency kits
- Overall Safety– Emergency kits consist of some useful tools to support or resolve vehicle breakdowns and fulfill the first aid requirements. These tools are beneficial in case your car breaks down for technical reasons and you are not able to find any help nearby. The first aid kit can be a life-saver for you and your loved ones to reduce the severity of injuries in case of minor accidents.
- Others Safety– You may witness many bad accidents or breakdowns on the road during the travel. Many people lose their lives for not getting the basic first aid treatment till the medical help arrives. People waiting for roadside assistance are vulnerable to criminal attacks or thefts. The emergency tool kit will be of great help for such people. It may save precious lives and help the people in need.
- Keeps you moving– One of the best advantages of emergency kits is it allows you to continue your journey. There are some very useful tools such as booster/jumper cables, flashlight, tow ropes, cutters, hammers, and more that will come in handy to repair minor technical issues. You can use the tow ropes to tow it to the nearby garage or service station with the help of another vehicle. The emergency kit is a much better option to keep moving rather than waiting on the road for hours.
- Peace of mind– A stressful mind is the main culprit causing accidents or breakdowns. Safety of others and protecting your vehicle is something that remains on the back of your mind while driving that could be dangerous. Your life is always at risk, especially on highways. Having an emergency kit gives you the assurance to handle any type of emergency situation. It is helpful in keeping your mind peaceful and stress-free.
5 Best Roadside Emergency Kits (2021)
There are many emergency kits available in the market, but how do you know what tools are the most needed in a roadside emergency? Let’s answer that by reviewing some of the best roadside emergency kits below.
#1 Lifeline AAA Road Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Equipped with a fitting first aid kit and medical supplies, this kit is a basic yet useful product for all car drivers. You can get a solution for most of your car emergencies by using this Lifeline AAA road kit; it is one of the best emergency toolkits for cars.
This kit contains all essentials like booster cables, cable ties, shop cloth, duct tape, flashlight, 2-in-1 screwdriver, and various other tools that are necessary for a breakdown emergency. It is a highly useful kit to throw in the car storage and be prepared for various urgent situations.
- A utilitarian kit for roadside emergencies
- Lasting tool range
- Essential kit for car-drivers
- Carry case is not water-resistant
#2 WNG Brands Roadside Assistance Emergency Car Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
When you use the roadside emergency kit by WNG, it is among the best emergency toolkits for cars. You can get your hands on a quality pair of jumper cables, a first aid kit, tire pressure gauge, and many other tools. This kit can save you from tricky situations with ease; the use of each tool is simple and convenient.
Beginners and experts both will find this kit extremely functional. Next time your car gives you trouble, rather than complicating things and calling over a mechanic, you can fix it yourself! This kit is ideal for solving various roadside urgencies in no time.
- Comprehensive kit
- Small in size and lightweight as well
- Befitting for all
- If you use emergency kits often, then this kit may not be for you
#3 HAIPHAIK Roadside Emergency Tool Kit
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
One of the topmost advantages of this kit is that it is very adaptive and diverse. This kit is a great option if you have a good knowledge of using tools along with people who drive regularly. This 124-piece kit comprises fuses, electrical tape, jumper cables, flashlight, screwdrivers, pair of gloves, reflective vest, fuel pump, and reflective triangle.
You can also find a safety hammer and seatbelt cutter in this kit; these tools can get you out of almost all emergency situations. One of the drawbacks of this kit is its flashlight; it can stop working after getting overheated while use.
- The kit has 124 Tools
- Tire repairing kit
- Fitting first aid kit
- Overheating of flashlight
#4 Lianxin Roadside Assistance Emergency Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The best emergency kit for cars driver that covers long journeys regularly- Roadside Assistance Emergency Kit. This kit will ensure that you have safer travels and help your out in car emergencies. The kit comes with a flash lamp, reflective triangle, snow shovel, hammer, jumper cable, seat belt, tow ropes, compass, cutter, raincoat, adhesive tape, etc.
This lightweight and handy kit can be stored easily in your trunk or backseat or any other spare spot, to tackle emergency car breakdowns. It is a great gifting option as well; your dear ones will appreciate receiving such a thoughtful gift.
- Multifunctional Emergency Kit
- Comprises of basic outdoor activity survival tools as well
- Lightweight and compact
- Few tools are not for car emergencies
#5 Thrive Auto Emergency Kit
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The Thrive Auto Emergency Kit contains 42 auto emergency supplies and a 62 piece first aid kit. It is the most premium quality repair supplies that you will require for roadside assistance. The sturdy nylon bag comes with a reflective safety vest, yellow rope, gloves, tire pressure gauge, foldable triangle, booster cables, first aid kit, whistle, flashlight, electric tape, safety hammer, and more.
The storage handbag is highly durable and waterproof. It is one of the highest-rated emergency kits that will assist you in the most unexpected events. These handpicked products are safe and regulated.
- First aid kit provided
- Decent quality
- Adequate customer ratings
- A bit pricey
After seeing so many car emergency kits, one question might bother you that which one is the most suitable one for you. A good car emergency/safety kit is one that has all the necessary contents in it. You should also know how to use these tools for roadside car repair.
Make sure that you check that the emergency kit comes with a decent tool kit that you are comfortable using. If you are not the person that does his/her own car repairs, then you should definitely look for a safety kit that will help you in situations of emergency. These guidelines will help you get the best roadside emergency kits.
- Multi-tool: You will need multi-tools if you will be attempting a roadside car repair. Multi-tools like multi-head screwdrivers and multiple adaptors will be very handy if you want all useful tools and save space at the same time. For example, a multi-head screwdriver will be very beneficial if you are repairing your vehicle. Moreover, instead of carrying 10 different screwdrivers, a multi-head screwdriver will have lesser weight, take up lesser space, and most importantly, will be convenient to carry.
- Torch: A torch can be the handiest thing in your emergency car kit as there are chances that you will need it when you will not have one. Remember to keep the batteries separately so that they would not age fast and be free of leaks. Periodic inspection of leakage and discharges should be considered along with having a battery-free model of a torch.
- First Aid: A first aid kit will always be a lifesaver in case of emergencies. Make sure that you keep stocking it up with up-to-date products. First aid can be highly beneficial for everyone in the car. No matter if you are not aware of how to use the kit in emergency situations but a pack of bandages, cotton, and antiseptic cream is very helpful and will prompt you to take quick action.
- Safety features: Vests and reflective triangles will give you higher visibility. Having them in your emergency kit will help you keep safe on the roadside. Visibility is most important in any type of breakdown, a reflective vest and safety triangle is a good safety feature for an emergency car kit. It will help you keep yourself safe while you are repairing your car or waiting for help.
- Size: When considering buying an emergency kit for your car, the most important consideration to make is the size of your emergency kit. A kit weighing around 1 kg will be easy to carry and fit in the car inside the glove box. Whereas, a safety kit weighing 5 kg would be very bulky and take up huge space in your car. It would be difficult to carry as well, considering the fact that you would not be needing it quite often.
What are the 10 must-have items in your car?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How much does the emergency kits cost?
Answer: Emergency kits are not expensive. You can purchase an emergency kit with the most necessary tools between $25 to $100.
- Are the emergency kits worth buying?
Answer: Yes, every vehicle owner should have an emergency kit to remain prepared and deal with any kind of emergency or a breakdown.
- What are the must-have tools/items in a car?
Answer: An emergency tool kit has some additional items that are not used very often. Some of the must-have tools that you should carry are:
- A pair of jumper cables
- Flashlight or a torch
- Reflective triangles
- First-aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Duct tape
- Tow ropes
- Safety vest
- Necessary tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, and wrenches
- Window breaker and a seatbelt cutter
Conclusion: Help yourself and others with Roadside Emergency Kits
An emergency kit can save lives and help you prepare for anything. Even a high record emergency like a car breakdown, a good emergency kit will help you the most if you don’t have the time to get a professional. What’s important is having a kit that makes you comfortable with sufficient tools in the bag.
With so many advantages, an emergency kit should be part of every vehicle and every journey whether long or short. These kits don’t take too much space, comes at an affordable price but remember more than that they are life-savers.
If you don’t want to remain stranded helplessly on the roadside waiting for emergency assistance or expecting others to help then you should equip yourself with a roadside emergency kit.