Your car interior is as important as your car exterior. While you may have a number of gadgets that can be used inside your car, your character and style are often judged by the maintenance of your car seats.
Car seats are critical in increasing your car’s resale value and need proper care and protection so they can be sustained for a longer period of time. One of the best methods to enhance the beauty, styling, and value of the car seats is by applying the best seat covers.
The Benefits Of Having Car Seat Covers
- Elegance: Car seat covers enhance the overall looks of your car interiors and helps in adding elegance, and style to the environment.
- Protection: The addition of covers on the seat definitely protects the original fabric from the regular dust, dirt, crumbs, and pet hairs. It also helps in protecting from the rashes and damage that prop-up because of the regular in and out procedure.
- UV Protection: The sun-rays through the glasses leave additional damage on the seat that may result in the fading of color and material. The seat covers with high-quality material help in providing UV protection to the seats.
- Weather control: Not only sunlight, but additional covers are beneficial in protecting the seats during monsoon and winters that may result in stains, and dark ashes.
- Resale value: The interiors of the car plays a vital role in judging the overall value of your car. A perfect and good-looking car seats add a boosting amount of value when you plan to sell your car.
Best Seat Covers for Car in 2020
There are a variety of options available to choose from that ranges from the price, material, and design but also needs special attention towards the styling and fitness that suits according to the design of your car seats.
We help you in selecting the best seat covers for cars in the below list of honest reviews.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 Gorla Premium Universal Fit Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
One can easily know about why these are included in the best seat covers for cars in the first look! The Gorla Premium Universal Fit Seat Covers come in different colors and are made with dust, dirt, water, fun, and sweat-proof material- neoprene.
You can have several benefits when you buy these covers. It is a great option for car owners who have pets or children. The covers have a non-slip back with sturdy straps to fix the cover in place; a great option to select if you have leather seats.
Comes with a seatbelt protector
Seam glue may spoil the seats
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Edealyn Driver and Passenger Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Another best seat covers for cars, which provides multiple features are the EDEALYN Driver & Passenger Seat Covers. Being made from heavy-duty faux leather, the interior part of the covers has a heat-insulation and elastic sponge fitting; making it comfortable for long journeys.
The cover does not slide off the seats, crediting to the anti-slip silicone layer at the bottom. The quality of these covers is commendable and one can install these easily in their cars; highly durable and functional. These covers have a stylish and futuristic feel to them that they share with your car interior the moment they are installed.
Durable leatherette making
Fitting for most small and medium-size cars & vans
Small pouch to store items
Not padded properly, Straps get loose over time
#3 Black Panther PU Car Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Black Panther PU Car Seat Cover is a front seat protector cover that is compatible with almost 90% of the vehicles. It is perfectly sewn and made up of 3D PU Leather. It also has a layer of highly flexible sponge for the graceful and luxury design.
The convenient design, easy installation, and universal fitting will protect the seat of your cars effectively. It goes with cars that are compact, small, medium-size, sedan/ SUV/ van/ truck. It is a single-seat cover and the inner material is made up of hard cotton and sponge with outer material of PU leather.
Does not slip
Durable PU leather
Straps cannot be adjusted
#4 Skyrox Neoprene Waterproof Car Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
One other premium seat cover set is put forward by the Skyrox. These are no ordinary neoprene seat covers; they are effective against water, sweat, and dust or dirt stains. With a super easy installation process; you just have to pull these over the seat headrest. These are great options for athletes, sports players, and gym enthusiasts as they can absorb sweat easily.
They anti-slip fixture pattern enables the drivers to use these for a longer duration with ease. These covers are great for getting an edgy look in the car interiors. Few negative reviews include seat staining due to the neoprene fabric.
Easy to remove, clean, and install
Staining of leather seats
#5 FH Group Universal Fit Car Seat Covers
Product Rating: 3.7 / 5
A cost-effective and functional car seat cover by FH Group. This universal fit car cover is provided in multiple color choices and cover sets. The nine-piece seat cover provides a complete set for front seats and back seats. You can get your car a good-looking and comfortable makeover by getting these seat covers.
The covers are made from a 3mm padding of foam making cleaning and washing easy; these can safeguard your car seats against stains, dirt, tears, and fading as well. These are perfect fits for various cars, vans, RVs, and SUVs; an inexpensive product for complete car seat care.
Straps are adjustable
Wide color range
The material feels cheaply made
Not slip-resistant with leather seats
#6 Black Panther Luxury PU Leather Rear Car Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
Universally compatible with almost all the vehicles, this Black Panther Luxury PU Leather Rear Cover is one of the best seat covers for cars. The cover material is made up of leather PU with excellent sewing. This rear seat cover is made up of slip-resistant and water-proof material that will not fade with use.
Moreover, you will not have to worry about stains with this rear seat cover. It is safe, secure, and easy to install. The inner material is made up of high resilience sponge and the upper surface is made up of PU leather (polyurethane).
Covers the bottom seat only
#7 FH Group Universal Fit Flat Cloth Seat Cover
Product Rating: 3.9 / 5
One another option as the best seat covers for cars could be the Universal Fit Flat Cloth Car Seat Covers by the FH Group. Obtainable in a variety of colors, these seat covers come in a set of 2 headrests and 2 front bucket covers. Just like their names, they have a universal fit; they can cover the seats of a wide variety of cars.
They are very breathable and comfortable to use; they can be installed through adjustable straps and Velcro openings. The covers are made from 3mm padding of foam and top-grade polyester fabric; these seat covers can be cleaned in machines as well.
A spectrum of colors available
Easy & adjustable installation
Fabric needs to upgrade
Not the best option for leather seats
#8 MayBron Gear Waterproof Car Seat Cover
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
This seat cover is a comfortable, durable, and waterproof option for all the buyers out there seeing for a sporty looking seat cover. The MayBron Gear Waterproof car seat covers provide effective protection against the sweat, dust, and drink stains. They also provide efficient safety to the skin in hot weather; great for cars with leather seats.
This cover provides complete coverage of the car seats along with the headrests. The shaping of the cover is made to be fitting and comfortable for the passengers and driver. You can remove and clean these easily, and fold it to store in a compact space.
Top-quality and waterproof
Fabric quality vulnerable to tear
#9 BDK All Protective Seat Covers
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
A high-end and modish looking product by BDK; these for sure are the best seat covers for cars. Buyers are provided with complete seat cover set along with steering cover and floor mats as well; in different colors. These seat covers are soft to touch since they are made from blended polyester fabric; it is durable, comfortable, and effective.
The covers can be used throughout the year without any complaints; one can easily install them and remove them for cleaning. These are great for cars and users who take long trips regularly.
Multiple color range
Soft, and waterproof material
Compatible with airbags
Some fitting issues
Fabric needs to be more sturdy
#10 Sojoy Universal Car Seat Cushion Cover
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
If you are looking for top quality seat covers that provide instant comfort and sleek looks then Sojoy Universal Car Seat Cushion Covers can be the perfect option. The covers are made from an isothermic polymer fabric; it renders comfort and safety to your seat for a long time.
You can attach the seat covers to the headrest and back of the seat to keep the cover in place. This cover option fits most car models and segments. You can have a cozy drive with these covers; their breathable material makes it great for all seasons. They do not slip since they have a no-slip silicone material as a base.
Comfortable and breathable fabric
No bottom strap for installing
Cars have become an essential part of our lives. Today almost all the families own a car and modifying or simply protecting the interiors of the car is also the first choice of every car owner. Personalizing your car will give you a feeling of comfort and others will find it much classy.
Seat cover not only provides just comfort but protect the seats of your car also. From sophisticated designs to sleek sporty look, seat covers come in a variety of designs, styles, and brands. It becomes hard to choose the right one. So, here is the seat cover buying guide for cars that will help you select the right one for you.
There is a wide range of seat covers available with varied features. Make sure you keep these points in mind while buying one.
Features to look for while buying car seat covers
- Choosing Quantity: First, decide the number of seat covers you will be needing in your car. You can save here by only buying cover for those seats that are used. For example, if in your car, only the driver’s seat and passenger (front) seat are only used, then there is no need of buying covers for the backseats as they won’t be in use often.
- Selecting the Right Material: There are a variety of different materials available for your car that will suit your needs. You need to consider the climate in your region before choosing the material. For instance, leather covers or faux leather covers are not the best options for warm weather. Cotton fiber is usually a good material for warm weather. Neoprene is best for the rainy climate as the material is water-resistant and sheepskin for colder climates. A velvet seat cover is ultra-soft and will give you the feel of luxury. Moreover, it is a spill and stain-resistant material.
- Perfect Fitting: Perfect fitting of the seat cover in the car is very important. Some car seat covers are universal fit but most manufacturers produce covers that fit specific cars only. You need to know the model of your car if you are going for specific ones. Custom made fitted covers for car seats will be a premium and expensive choice, but they will give your car a classy interior.
- Selecting the Colors and patterns: The color of your seat cover can be different from the original seat, but it has to be according to the interiors and exteriors of the car. Other things to be kept in mind are that lighter shades tend to get stained and dirty easily and darker shades do not get stains but they are very hot in the summers or warmer days. You also need to keep in mind the patterns of the seat cover you are buying. They can be based on your preferences and personality. From the dynamic look to diamond-studded, every possible pattern in car seat covers is available.
- Making Purchase: Before purchasing your chosen car seat cover, you should probably research everything about them on the internet. From different color options available to the number of warranty years, everything should be known before making a purchase. You will also have to make sure that the cover your purchase is durable and of good quality. You do not want it to fade away or torn within a few months of purchase. Some of the most popular high-quality fabric materials include nylon, polyester, and canvas. Unfortunately, none of these materials are as durable as leather.
Keeping in mind these points, you should go ahead and select the best seat covers for cars that will suit your requirements perfectly and give your car an elegant look.
How to install the car seat covers
There are some simple steps to be followed to install the car seat covers yourself:
- If your car seats have a headrest, you need to remove them first. In case the headrests are inclusive in your car seat cover package, the same can be slipped on.
- The universal fit car seat covers usually have two loops on the back that is used to slip between the back of the seat and with the seat. A hanger can be used here to pull the loops from the front to below the seat.
- Its time to link the elastic loops with the hooks that should be part of your seat cover package. The linkage is to ensure the tightness of cover on your seats and can be adjusted through the tying of the length of elastic straps. Adjust the length to the extent where the seat covers are tightly snugged that give the seats a great look.
- This is the tricky part, where you have to measure and cut the headrest holes. These identified holes on the seat cover should be cut as per the sides of the car. Aligning the cuts will prevent the widening of the hole during the usage of car seats.
- Lastly, with the cut, you will be able to make your seat cover go through the headrest which now can be fully fitted on the seats.
Note: 4th step can be skipped if your seat cover is inclusive of headrest covers.
How to maintain the car seat covers in good health
Follow the below steps to maintain your car seat covers in good health and sustainable for a long time:
- Use the vacuum to suck out the dirt, crumbs, and pet hair if any from all the seats.
- Clean the seats with a cloth and warm water and then apply quality liquid, or soap to wash the seat covers.
- Let the seats dry, and clean them with a dry cloth.
- Now rub the conditioner specific to the seat cover material basis the instructions and buff it with a microfiber cloth to generate the cleanest and shiniest result.
Note: Most of the car seat covers are washable or can be cleaned through specific liquid meant for car interior cleaning and regular cleaning and maintenance is highly recommended and required to keep the covers in good shape for the long run.
Conclusion: Car seat covers are a worthy investment
Not having car seat covers may lead to early aging of the material, spoils the overall look, and reduces the value of your car raising questions on your individual character and mentality towards its maintenance.
Car seat covers are additional components to the original seat upholstery. Remember the seats are regularly used and remain an extremely important part of the car interiors. Seat covers help in protecting the original material as well as spice up the cabin with its beautiful design, style, and colors.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you choose the best seat covers for your car. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you.