With the rising cost of trucks in the market, it makes sense to maintain your truck and improve its appearance. This does not only shore up its value but also makes it attractive. One area of the truck that suffers the most wear and tear is the truck bed. It suffers from constant dents and damage whether you are using the truck bed for commercial purposes or private use for the hauling of cargo. To improve the look of the truck bed, there is the need to apply coatings periodically. Coatings help to prevent rust, corrosion, scratches, and chipping. In this review, you will find the best spray truck bed liners in 2021.
The benefits of using spray truck bed liners
- Truck bed protection: Spray-on bedliners or coating are an effective method used nowadays for overall truck bed protection. The high-value solvents (polyurethane, hybrid, etc.) used in spray-on bedliners reduce the skidding of cargo eventually providing protection to your truck bed from dents, and scratches.
- Improve finish: Spray-on bedliners are differentiated basis texture and color. Both the ingredients are valuable in generating a sleek and aesthetic look on your truck bed. It provides a new finish or improves the existing finish of your truck making it look new.
- UV-protection: The sun rays are the most common reason to impact the truck bed metal and create rust and corrosion. The use of these unique spray-on bedliners is the best option to protect your truck bed from UV rays extending its lifeline.
- Generate income: The non-skidding and non-movement of cargo are the two main reasons that you must apply spray-on bedliners. Without getting worried about your cargo maintenance in your truck you can easily afford to pick up any kind of luggage (big, small, heavy), expand your business and generate more income.
- Long-time maintenance: Spray-on bedliners once applied sustain for a longer period of time. The durability feature of these bedliners help in keeping your truck bed safe, and secure from various damages, and impact avoiding regular maintenance effort and cost.
Best Spray Truck Bed Liners in 2021
There are plenty of truck bed coatings in the market but how to choose the best truck bed coating is the problem. We have selected some of the best products so you can make a long-lasting choice. Read on as we review the 5 top spray truck bed liner coatings.
#1 U-POL Raptor Black Urethane Spray-On Truck Bed Liner
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Pamper your truck bed by making it the cynosure of all eyes with the U-POL Raptor Urethane Coating. This coating is suitable for different applications such as aluminium, fibreglass, metal, wood and concrete. The paint can repel rust and corrosion. The formula comes with UV protection to give your truck bed an enduring shine.
U-POL Raptor comes with a spray gun for ease of application. There is no need to wax the surface after spraying the coating. This coating is waterproof and flexible. It is abrasion and stain-resistant too. It provides exceptional adhesion. Just add the hardener, shake the content and spray.
- Superb adhesion
- Provides UV-protection
- Waterproof and flexible
- Resistant to stains and abrasions
- Easy to apply
- Very expensive
#2 POR-15 45004 Gloss Black Rust Preventive Paint
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Permanent rust and corrosion prevention coating are difficult to find. This is what the POR-15 4504 offers. It makes use of a 3-step approach to prevent metal rust, corrosion, salt, chemical, and other contaminants. These formulas work on the toughest of projects where long-lasting protection is the main goal.
This solution is self-leveling and repels rust and fuels. It resists alkalis and acids. The 3-step approach involves using the Cleaner Degreaser to clean up the surface, prep it up with the Metal Prep, and coat it with the POR-15 paint.
- Excellent coverage
- Resists corrosion and other contaminants
- Ideal for professional use
- Prevents rust permanently
- Durable and lasting shine
- Surface requires prepping
#3 Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating
Product Rating: 4.3 / 5
Give your truck bed a new lease of life with the Rust-Oleum coating. It is the ideal way to prevent the damage of the truck bed that is usually caused by rust, scratches, and harsh weather conditions. The coating enhances your vehicle’s appearance and increases its value.
It can be brushed-on, rolled-on, or sprayed-on. If you are on a budget and need a durable coating, the Rust-Oleum is highly recommended. It is inexpensive making it extremely affordable. You can never go wrong with the Rust-Oleum truck bed coating.
- Sold at an affordable price
- Prevents rust and scratches
- Specially formulated for longevity
- Easy to apply
- Provides long-lasting shine
- Smells so bad
#4 Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush-On Bed Liner Kit
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Stop rust in its track with the Herculiner Bed Liner. The coating provides excellent results when applied to a truck bed. This is a brush-on polyurethane formula that is durable and skid-resistant. It bonds perfectly on different surfaces such as metal, aluminum, wood, rubber, fiberglass, concrete, and some plastics like PVC.
This protective coating is resistant to solvents, gasoline, oil, and chemicals. This coating is 5 times thicker than most coatings out there. For ease of application, it comes with a brush and two rollers. Adequate prepping is needed to achieve impressive results.
- Quick adhesion
- Great coverage
- Skid-resistant after curing
- Resists chemicals and oils
- Versatile and durable
- A bit pricey
#5 Dupli-Color Bed Amour Truck Bed Liner
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
If you are looking for a coating that provides texture uniformity and is skid-resistant, look no further than the Bed Amour Aerosol. This is a water-based polyurethane formula that offers incredible protection as well as durability. It does not fade, flake, or chip. It comes in a black satin finish that offers overall protection for your truck bed.
The coating is versatile as it can be applied on different surfaces such as fiberglass, metal, wood, and concrete. There is no need to mix it up with other solutions. Just apply it straight on smaller projects for durable protection.
- Low odor
- Easy to clean with water and soap
- Gasoline and chemical-resistant
- Provides uniform textured coating
- Easy to use
- Truck bed requires preparation
Choosing the best truck bed coating that will give your truck bed a lasting shine can be a bit difficult with the thousands of coatings out there. Before you purchase a coating for your truck bed, there are some considerations you have to look into. These considerations will help you not to make the wrong choice. Here are the considerations you have to note before you buy a truck bed coating.
- Material – The material used in making the coating is of utmost importance. It is either the coating is made of polyurethane or urethane. This is something you must deliberately look out for. Any of these materials helps to give your truck bed a durable shine and attractive appearance.
- Protection – Coatings offer excellent protection against different contaminants that could affect your truck bed. A quality coating should be able to resist chemicals, acids, oils, scratches, and chippings. It should also be waterproof.
- Ease of application – There are different types of coatings. Some of the coatings have a 3-step application while others require a straight application. The 3-step application has a chemical to clean the surface, another chemical for prepping before the application of the main coating. All these three processes come with no complications. Apart from this, the package should come with a brush or spray gun for hassle-free application.
- Durability – The coating should be durable. It should be able to withstand harsh weather conditions. Ensure that the coating can prevent UV-light from the sun. This is something you have to specifically look out for on the label. Long-lasting shine is assured if the coating is UV-protected.
- Texture – The texture of the coating will depend on the way the truck bed is loaded with cargo. If you load heavy cargo on the front of the truck bed, then, you can go for a glossy texture but if you load cargo to the extent that it covers the entire truck bed, choose a rigid texture.
- Compatibility – It is not all coatings that are compatible with truck beds. This is another consideration that you must not overlook. Check if the coating is compatible with your truck bed or not. The spray type of coating is the most compatible for truck beds.
How to apply the spray-on truck bed liner
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I maintain my truck bed after applying the coating?
Answer: After applying the coating, you will need to always check your truck bed every time to be sure there are no scratches or peelings. If there is any, you have to re-apply the coating.
- How do I apply coating on my truck bed?
Answer: Applying coating on the truck bed is easy. You can use a brush, roll-on, or air compressor-powered spray.
- How much does a truck bed coating cost?
Answer: Depending on the quality, it can cost between $50 and $250.
Conclusion: Spray-On Bed Liners or coatings improve the truck bed performance
The spray-on bed liner coating is the most used method to maintain and improve your truck bed performance. These bed liners are easy-to-apply, durable, and provide long-time protection to your truck improving its loading capacity.
The spray-on bed liners are available in attractive texture and colors to provide a glossy finish and touch to your truck bed that is instrumental in enhancing your truck looks and value.