There is no doubt owing a pickup truck is a worthy investment. It helps you to get the job done. Hauling heavy equipment from one place to another is one of the dirty jobs a pickup truck can help handle. Securing the items you want to move against the elements is also very important.
One way to guarantee the safety of these items is to get a truck tonneau cover.
The Benefits Of Having Tonneau Cover For Truck
- Cargo protection: There is no doubt that tonneau covers help in protecting your cargo. Not only protection but hauling a cargo becomes much easier with tonneau covers and protection from heat, rain, and other weather conditions are an added advantage.
- Theft protection: Your luggage of whatever size remains protected inside the tonneau cover. Apart from being sturdy and hard enough to be broken or torn, some of the tonneau covers come equipped with a locking mechanism that makes it even harder for thieves to do their work.
- Truck bed protection: Covering your truck bed with tonneau cover brings a huge advantage in the form of protection. The truck bed remains in its initial condition, safe from harsh weather damages, secure from the wear & tear of overloading, and other hard cargo scratches. It is an ideal companion to your truck bed’s durability.
- Peaceful driving: One of the common distractions while driving the loaded truck is luggage stability. Tonneau cover helps in keeping your luggage organized, avoids spilling and shifting of cargo thereby giving you complete peace-of-mind with your ride.
- Resale value: The maintenance of trucks in good condition is a primary criterion in case you want to sell it. The truck bed part is the most important factor for any buyer and thanks to tonneau covers look and protection capabilities that helps in increasing the resale value of your truck.
Best Tonneau Covers for Trucks in 2020
With hundreds of products out there, it can be overwhelming to make a choice. You don’t have to worry because we have done the hard work for you. We have selected the best truck bed covers for your peace of mind.
Here is our review of the 5 best tonneau covers for trucks.
BEST (AutoSupplements Choice)
#1 TruXedo TruXport Soft Rollup Tonneau Cover
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover provides your truck bed with soft tonneau protection. When it comes to installation, you don’t have to worry about clipping, zipping or snapping. Installation is hassle-free. No drilling; no cutting. The cover makes use of a secure and easy Velcro fastening solution to perfectly keep the cover in place.
It comes with tension adjusters to help give your truck a low profile appearance. Made from high-quality vinyl, this truck bed cover is made to provide superior protection for your cargo.
Low profile design
5 years warranty
Tension adjusters help make the cover stay tight
Stylish and sleek
A bit pricey
BETTER (AutoSupplements Recommend)
#2 Undercover Flex Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Another low profile and the stylish truck bed tonneau cover is the Undercover Flex. The installation of the truck bed cover is hassle-free requiring no drilling. The panels are made from top-quality FRP composite material thereby making it stronger and lighter compared to aluminum. It is resistant to dent.
The cover can stay open while driving thanks to the built-in prop rods that secure the cover in place. It provides you with 100% access to your truck bed anytime. It comes with rubber seals that prevent water from entering the bed.
Installation requires no drilling
Easy to operate
Strong and light
Guarantees full bed access
3 years warranty
Not 100% waterproof
#3 BAK BAKFlip G2 Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
The BAKFlip G2 offers enhanced security, durability, and versatility. There are no hindrances whenever you want to access the truck bed. This cover is built with superior theft protection in mind. It is fitted with high-quality seals to make it water-resistant.
To make the cover stay in the upright position, there are prop rods to make it stay securely giving you enough room to haul larger cargoes without the removal of the truck bed.
Unhindered truck bed access
2 years warranty
Low profile and stylish
Durable and water-resistant
Withstands extreme weather conditions
#4 Access Lomax Hard Tonneau Cover
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
If you are looking for a low profile bed cover for your truck, the Access Lomax Tonneau is well recommended. The cover provides maximum protection for items and also resists the elements. The panels of the cover are made from an aluminum alloy which makes them durable, sturdy, and lightweight.
This cover comes in a textured matte black finish to blend perfectly with the overall appearance of the truck bed. The installation of the truck tonneau cover is easy with no drilling required.
Easy installation and removal
Comes in water-shedding design
Built with waterproof hinges
3 years warranty
The seal prevents water from leaking
Does not snugly fit some truck beds
#5 BAK Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
Product Rating: 4.1 / 5
The BAK Revolver truck bed cover is built with unparalleled style, security, and strength. This tonneau cover is constructed with textured vinyl to withstand the elements. You can access your truck’s bed with ease since the cover can be opened from either side of your truck.
The Revolver X2 can be rolled up with one hand making it easy to operate. The cover is well secured with the rotational locking rails thereby offering unmatched security. The durable buckles tighten the tonneau cover to help it stay in place.
Resistance against the elements
Strong and durable
Easy to roll and unroll
Heavy-duty aluminum construction with vinyl material
Difficult to operate in freezing weather conditions
Choosing the best truck bed tonneau cover is never a walk in the park with the hundreds of products out there. It takes some research to know what to consider when purchasing a truck bed cover. You don’t have to fret. We have done the needed research. This is why we have drawn up this buyer’s guide to help you choose the ideal truck bed cover.
Here is what you must consider before purchasing a cover for your truck.
Features to look for while buying Truck Tonneau Covers
- For what purpose– What is the purpose of buying the cover? This is the first question you must try to answer. The cover should be able to serve the purpose for which it was bought. For most pickup truck owners, a truck bed cover serves the purpose of covering the cargo space in the truck bed. It also resists the elements and prevents theft. If all of these are your reasons for wanting to purchase a cover for your truck, it means you have look for something that is almost tamperproof. It must also offer exceptional protection against the weather. But if your purpose is to show off, then, you need something that is not too sophisticated. What should matter to you is just the styling and the overall design.
- Compatibility– This is another important consideration you must make before purchasing a truck bed cover. Measuring the size of the truck bed is critical to finding a product that fits perfectly. The measurement helps to achieve an easy installation too.
- Material – Tonneau covers are available in different materials that you should consider while purchasing. If you intend to have protection from harsh weather conditions, waterproofing and toughness vinyl, aluminum, and fiberglass fit in this category. Canvas and ABS polymer material tonneau covers are light on the pocket with sufficient protection and comfort.
- Ease of installation– The installation of a truck bed cover should be hassle-free if everything is right. It takes between 10 to 15 minutes to get it installed. A little prepping may be needed in some cases while in other cases installation is tool-free.
- Ease of maintenance– The truck bed cover is an extended part of your vehicle therefore it requires proper care for lasting maintenance. Most covers can easily be cleaned with the right cleaner while for others, cleaning may be elaborate.
- Cost – Truck bed covers are relatively expensive. If the protection of items is your reason for wanting to buy a cover, it is advisable to go for more expensive ones because of their extra layer of security. But if you just want to make a statement of style, there is nothing wrong with going for cheaper ones.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How much does a truck bed tonneau cover cost?
Answer: Depending on the material used in constructing it, a truck bed cover can cost between $250 and $950.
- How can a tonneau cover be cleaned?
Answer: Most manufacturers always recommend a type of cleaner for their different products. Some of these solutions come in the form of spray applications. Just spray the solution on the bed and wipe down with a soft, clean cloth. But if the truck is mostly used for adventures, then, a thorough wash is recommended.
- Do all tonneau covers protect cargo when it rains or snows?
Answer: Yes, but to some extent. Not all truck bed cover provides the same degree of protection. So, choose one with the highest degree of protection.
Conclusion: Complete your truck bed with tonneau covers
If you are a truck owner and need to use your truck bed frequently then you must consider installing tonneau cover. First of all, they look good in fact an appropriate custom-fit tonneau cover helps in completing your truck looks.
Additionally, tonneau covers have many benefits from protection to increasing your trucks resale value with their solid appearance, toughness, and capabilities that stand apart from the crowd.
I hope the above information is helpful in making you decide to buy the best truck tonneau covers. If you have any questions or feedback please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.