As a professional, your truck and tools are two things you can never leave behind. Storing the tools in a truck bed makes it toss-up and down. The tools could also be stolen at the gas station by thieves. One best way to properly organize your tools is to use the toolbox. In this article, you will find out the best toolboxes for trucks.
Mounting your toolbox to the truck’s rig gives your tools a permanent place of storage. Toolboxes are lockable, sturdy, and weatherproof thereby keeping your tools extremely safe.
The benefits of having toolboxes for trucks
- Tools protection: Tools are much needed if you own a truck. From fixing to repairing, you need a set of tools to do the job which is a frequent activity. As a truck owner, your tools are precious and need proper protection which is provided by a toolbox.
- Easy to find: A toolbox is a much safer and easy to find a place for your tools. Keeping the tools in the toolbox provides you relief from the thought of finding the required pieces every time you need to use them searching different sections of a truck.
- Tools arrangement: Toolbox is designed to arrange your tools as per their size and shapes. It feels much better if you get your desired tool from a specific place rather than tossing the equipment’s up and down. Toolboxes help in keeping your tools organized in one place that will save a lot of your time.
- Weather protection: One of the reasons to have a toolbox is they protect your tools from difficult weather conditions. Especially in the rainy season, the metal pieces are bound to oxidation and rusting which otherwise remain safe inside the toolbox.
- Save cost: In the event of theft or loss, you may have to spend too much on buying these metal pieces as they don’t come cheap. A toolbox is instrumental in saving you lots of costs as they protect your tools from getting stolen or lost.
5 Best Toolboxes for Trucks (2021)
Choosing the right toolbox for your truck is where there can be a problem. Just relax, this article is written to help you make a lasting choice. Here are the 5 best toolboxes for trucks you can find in the market.
#1 Yaheetech Heavy-Duty Aluminium Truck Toolbox
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The Yaheetech Toolbox is one of the pocket-friendly toolboxes you will find in the market. Made from 30 inches heavy-duty aluminium, the toolbox is durable and lightweight. This toolbox is sturdily constructed and spacious enough to contain a lot of tools.
It has a seal ring design to prevent the tools from getting rust or damaged. It also prevents water from gaining access to the toolbox. This is the ideal toolbox for trailers, trucks, garages and domestic storage.
- Sturdy and durable
- Heavy-duty construction
- Nice handles
- Bends easily
#2 Undercover Swing Case Truck Storage Box
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
This toolbox is uniquely designed for easy installation at the backside of the driver’s side of the truck. The toolbox is compact and leaves a lot of needed space in your truck bed. It is constructed from plastic and strong enough to hold tools of up to 70 pounds.
The storage box comes with a moisture seal to adequately keep the inside dry and protect the tools from being damaged by water. For the safety of your items, the toolbox can be locked using the loop and latch mechanism.
- Provides easy access to your tools
- Quick and easy installation
- Weight capacity of up to 75 pounds
- Secure and versatile storage solution
#3 Montezuma 30-Inch Portable Triangle Toolbox
Product Rating: 4.6 / 5
Not too many people like the usually long and rectangular kind of toolbox. The Montezuma Toolbox is portable and easy to carry. Made from heavy-duty steel, this toolbox is extremely sturdy and durable. This toolbox comes with gas springs that can easily be unlatched for quick access to your tools.
It is water-resistant and resistant to dust and moisture. The toolbox keeps your tools well organized and all the tools can be seen at one glance. With a locking system, all tools are safe and secure. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Built with drawers and compartments
- Resists the elements
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Organizes tools neatly
- Portable and durable
- Very costly
- Cannot be mounted
#4 Truxedo TonneauMate Toolbox
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
When it comes to choosing universal toolboxes, the Truxedo-TL Toolbox is highly recommended. It is compatible with mostly full-sized trucks. For extra security, this toolbox can easily be mounted under the truck’s bed. With the adjustable mounting, you can decide to mount the toolbox at the back, front, or middle of the truck bed.
It is versatile enough to store heavy items. Installation is hassle-free. Some trucks may require additional hardware kit or clamps.
- Durable construction
- Universal design
- Weatherproof and water-resistant
- Easy and quick installation
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Not fitting for some trucks
#5 UWS-ATV Toolbox
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
If you are looking for a tough and reliable toolbox, look no further than the UWS-ATV Toolbox. This toolbox is sturdy and lightweight. It is constructed from aluminum with durability in mind. The toolbox is corrosion-resistant and comes with stainless steel lock handles for ease of transportation from one point to another.
The toolbox is also water-resistant. It is smooth to open and easy to close. With the key-operated locks, this toolbox adds an extra layer of security to keep your items safe at all times.
- Tough and durable
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Water and corrosion-resistant
- Easy to install
- Provides exceptional security
- A bit pricey
For people who regularly work on job sites, purchasing a truck toolbox is inevitable. But you have to get something that is sturdy and durable if you want to make a worthy investment. Choosing a toolbox is not like buying any other box. You must do some basic research to know what you have to look out for. This buyer’s guide will help you make a good choice. Here are the factors to consider before purchasing the best truck toolbox.
- Weatherproof – Bad weather can damage important tools or other belongings especially if it rains. So it is important to choose a weatherproof toolbox to keep the items in the toolbox safe. It must also be water-resistant, corrosion-resistant, and dustproof. The point is that the toolbox must be able to withstand the elements.
- Locking mechanism – While the organization of your tools is very important, the prevention of theft is of a higher priority. The toolbox must have a locking mechanism to keep items safe. Whether you choose a key-operated toolbox or a padlock one, the locking mechanism must be theft-proof.
- Gas lift and lid – A good lid helps the functionality of any toolbox. Apart from being an excellent feature for the resistance of theft and weather, the lid helps for the easy opening and closing of the toolbox. It is well supported by the gas lift for its smooth operation.
- Truck bed measurement – It makes sense to measure your truck bed before you purchase a toolbox. The measurement gives you an idea of the right toolbox that will fit the truck bed. Without first measuring the truck bed, you are likely to purchase a toolbox that may not fit well.
- Material – The material used in making the toolbox determines how strong it is. Some of the materials include plastic, steel, and aluminum. The material you choose will depend on your preference. If you want something light, choose a toolbox made from plastic or aluminum but if theft prevention is what you are looking for, choose one made from steel.
- Accessibility of tools – One of the reasons for purchasing toolboxes is quick and easy accessibility to your tools. You don’t want to waste any time picking up the needed tool at any point in time. So choose a toolbox with a convenient chest for ease of tool accessibility.
How to install the truck toolbox
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How much does a toolbox cost?
Answer: Toolboxes are relatively expensive. Depending on the material, a toolbox can cost around $90 to $300.
- Is it possible for aluminium or steel to get rust after some years?
Answer: Toolboxes made of aluminum don’t get rust over time because they are resistant to rust. Steel can also resist rust if properly maintained.
- What type of locking system is perfect for a toolbox?
Answer: Avoid a toolbox that locks the lid in one place. Look for a two-lock toolbox. It provides better security.
Conclusion: Toolbox is very effective in protecting your truck’s tools
As a truck owner, you know the value of your tools that come in handy in your profession. The tools are useful not only for the truck but also for other domestic usages. If not properly taken care of, the tools may become rusty and useless with time and you end up spending additional costs on their purchase.
The toolbox is a one-time expenditure that can easily fit in your truck bed and provide efficient safety and security to your precious tools and valuables.