There must have been a couple of times you have spilled food on the floor of your vehicle or jumped into the truck cab with a pair of muddy shoes or boots, the damage that can cause to the vehicle’s flooring is unimaginable. This is why a floor mat is recommended.
Using a floor mat protects the factory carpet and makes it look spotless for a long time. It protects the flooring from mud, debris, snow, and spills. Cleaning the floor mat is easy with a garden hose or vacuum and it dries quickly. This saves you a lot of stress.
The Benefits Of Having Truck Floor Mats
- Truck floor protection: Floor mats are an important interior accessory for every vehicle. Especially, for truck and bigger vehicles, the amount of inside out movement brings lots of dirt, dust, and other ground particles that impact your truck’s flooring and may permanently damage it. With floor mats, your truck flooring is protected from outside damage and remains safe and secure for a longer time.
- Weather protection: One of the obvious reasons to have your truck flooring covered with floor mats is rain and snow. Rubber material floor mats help in absorbing the water and moisture and keep your truck flooring protected from the harsh weather and from the smell it generates.
- Easy biting: It may not be your usual routine but having floor mats in your truck also allows you to have a quick bite or even a full-fledged meal if you like. The food spills, snack wrapper, and tissues can be easily picked up from the floor mats and thrown out effortlessly.
- Easy cleaning: Floor mats are available as per the size and shape of your vehicle’s interior. This makes it easy to remove and clean. The floor mats can be washed with water and soap, or detergents like any other material, or cloth and dries up quickly for re-use.
- Improves the interior: With different colors, and design the floor mats provide a decorative appearance to your truck’s interiors. Installing the floor mats with color that is closely resembling your truck flooring, seats and dashboard generates a visually appealing look and also enhances the resale value of your vehicle.
Best Truck Floor Mats in 2020
With plenty of colors, styles, and materials in the market, it can be tough choosing the right floor mat. Here are the best truck floor mats based on durability, strength, and performance.
#1 Husky Liners 99011 WeatherBeater Floor Liners
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
If you are looking for contemporary floor mats that blend well with the styling of your vehicle, look no further than the WeatherBeater Floor Liners. These mats provide excellent protection and functionality. The design is very appealing making them ideal for trucks, SUVs, and cars.
Made from elastomeric materials, the floor mats have unparalleled flexibility. They do not break, crack, or curl. They are resistant to oils, acid, and gasoline. The floor mats conform perfectly with the contours and curves of your vehicle’s floor.
Durable and long-lasting
Designed for a perfect fit
Resists battery acid or oil
Slippery when wet
#2 WeatherTech Universal Mats
Product Rating: 4.5 / 5
The WeatherTech All-Vehicle-Mat (AVM) fits almost all vehicle flooring. These mats are flexible no matter the weather temperatures. The mats are intelligently designed to trap sand, mud, water, and road salt. Made from rubber-like Thermoplastic Elastomeric compound, these mats are harmless, odorless, and lead-free.
The coverage of the mats includes that of the passenger, rear, and front driver floors. They come with anti-skid ridges to prevent shifting. You can trim them to fit the dimension of your truck, SUV, or car.
Made from 100% recyclable material
Traps water, sand, and mud
Provides exceptional coverage
Dependable and affordable
Quick and easy cleanup
A bit difficult to install
#3 Cooper Tires Discoverer STT Pro All-Weather Rubber Mat
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The Cooper Tires Floor Rubber Mats provide all-weather protection against mud trapped on the shoes, dirt, debris, and scrapes. These mats are anti-slip and odorless. They can be trimmed to fit different vehicles whether trucks, cars, or SUVs with a pair of scissors. Cleaning is super easy with a garden hose.
They are durable, long-lasting, and flexible. The complete package includes two rear and two front mats. These mats come with a 1-year warranty.
Anti-slip and odorless
Provides all weather protection
Flexible and durable
Rear mats will overlap for some vehicles
#4 OxGord Universal Heavy-Duty Rubber Floor Mat
Product Rating: 4.2 / 5
The OxGord Floor Mat provides impressive protection and value for your truck’s flooring at a pocket-friendly price. It is made from heavy-duty rubber that is not prone to tear which is usually caused by heavy footwear. It is resistant to water and stain. This floor mat is very durable and sturdy.
The mat provides secure placement. It can easily be trimmed to fit the truck, SUV, and car floors. It doesn’t crack, harden, or curl over time. This floor mat can withstand extreme weather conditions.
Weatherproof and sturdy
Easy to remove and clean
Heavy-duty rubber construction
Shields the floor from mud, water, and snow
#5 CarCover Royal Queen Crown Floor Mats
Product Rating: 4 / 5
Bring some elegance into your vehicle with the Royal Queen Crown Floor Mats. These mats feature carpet heel pads that provide the utmost comfort while driving. The 4-piece mats perfectly protect your factory flooring against debris, dirt, stains, and spills. There are two rear mats and two front rhinestone mats.
They come with non-skidding back to make the mats stable. These mats don’t fade since they are made with anti-fade coloring. They have a universal fit for most vehicles.
Provide great protection
Very elegant with rich black color
No fading; no skidding
Cleaning is a breeze
Durable and long-lasting
Rhinestones will fall off after sometime
It makes sense to be diligent when searching for the best truck floor mats. There are some factors that you have to consider before purchasing a vehicle floor mat if you want a durable and sturdy product. To avoid any mistakes, here are what you have to look out for before you pay for a floor mat.
Features to look for while buying truck floor mats
- Thickness – The thickness of the floor mat is important if you want to make a good buy. Thick mats are comfortable to the feet. Whether you are looking for rubber or plastic mats, ensure that they have deep channels. This helps to keep the original flooring of the vehicle clean at all times.
- Ease of cleaning – There is no point in buying a product that is difficult to clean. Floor mats get dirty easily. This is why you need to choose one that is easy to clean and dry. Rubber floor mats are well recommended. They are easy to clean and spill-proof. Avoid carpet and cloth floor mats because they are difficult to clean.
- Grip – The floor mat must have an excellent grip so that it can stay in place without shifting every time. Vehicle floor mats are not the same as the ones in your house. So, look for a vehicle floor mat that is anti-skid. The ones for vehicles must have anti-skid backing so it won’t move when you step on it.
- Odor – Some vehicle floor mats come with a strong odor straight from the box. If you are buying online, it is difficult to know which one is odorless. Read reviews from real buyers to figure out the odorless floor mats.
- Climate – If you reside in a muddy area or where there are snowfalls, it makes sense to buy an all-weather floor mat with deep channels to capture all the dirt on your footwear.
- Materials – The type of material used in making the floor mat will determine its durability. Choose mats that are made from rubber. They are durable and long-lasting.
- Fit and size – Measure the size of the floor mat to be sure it can fit the vehicle’s floor. There are also universal mats that are made to fit most vehicles. Another option is to look for a cut-to-fit mat.
How to install truck floor mats
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: Yes, but it all depends on the material. Look for stain-resistant floor mats.
Answer: All-weather floor mats are heavy-duty and last for a long time. Thin mats will crack or harden with time. Look for a weather-resistant floor mat for longevity.
Answer: Carpet mats are not able to withstand harsh weather conditions but can resist stains very well. Rubber mats are better because they can stand against any weather and abuse.
Conclusion: Protect and improve your truck’s interior and flooring with floor mats
The truck flooring is the most-used part of your vehicle. keeping this in mind, safeguarding and maintaining the flooring becomes of utmost importance. A good-looking floor mat with favorable material provides valuable protection to your vehicle withstanding many flooring woes and is also instrumental in enhancing the interior appearance.
You cannot miss having the pieces of floor mats in your vehicle that are sturdy, strong, and long-lasting saving lots of costs on truck floor maintenance, cleaning, and visibility.