Some modern features and technologies help to keep us safe in times of emergency. One of those features is the airbag. But one thing you have never thought of is getting trapped in your car. Unfortunately, such emergencies do happen. The reality is that you can get stuck in your car. When such a thing happens, it may take the emergency team some time to arrive at the scene. Every second counts if you are involved in a collision. What is the solution? The solution is having a car escape tool. In this post, you will know what is the best car escape tool.
A car escape tool can be attached to your keychain or stored in your glove box to make it handy. You can use the tool to break a side window or cut the seatbelt so you can escape with your life intact.
The benefits of having car escape tools
- Life-Saver: The primary reason to have a car escape tool is to save yourself. In an unfortunate event of getting stuck inside the car, a car escape tool act as a life-saver. These tools are easy to use to get out of the car. An escape tool is also handy in protecting your loved ones from life-threatening situations.
- Reduces Vehicle Damage: Your vehicle is at the receiving end in the event of a fire or unexpected weather conditions. You have to remain free to move your vehicle to a safer destination. And this is only possible when you come out of your vehicle using the escape tool. The escape tool also helps to reduce the damaging impact on your vehicle.
- Flashlight: Some of the escape tools come equipped with an LED flashlight that can be used at the night or in a darker environment. It comes in handy while doing any repairing work or following the path in the dark.
- Self-Defense: It may sound a bit awkward but in case of an unforeseen event of theft or harassment during the travel, you can use the escape tool to defend yourself. The sharp blades and powerful spikes come in handy for your protection.
What is the best car escape tool?
Choosing the right tool is where there is a problem. You don’t have to worry. We have selected the best tools in the market for you. Read on as we review the 5 best car escape tools to help you escape when there is an emergency.
5 Best Car Escape Tools 2021
#1 RESQME Keychain Car Escape Tool
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
The RESQME car escape tool is a safety and survival tool that helps you get out of danger when you are trapped in your car. It can come to your rescue when you have a jammed seatbelt or break a side window when smokes from nowhere envelopes your car. The 2-in-1 tool is extremely compact, lightweight, and powerful.
It is made from plastic and stainless steel for durability and sturdiness. It is an exceptional tool for safety-conscious car owners. You can attach your car’s keychain with its detachable clip. In case of emergency, just pull out the tool from the clip and use the blade to cut the seatbelt or break the side window for an easy escape.
- Compact and lightweight design
- Reusable and inexpensive
- Durable and sturdy
- Great lifesaver
- Strong seatbelt cutter and window breaker
- The metal components can get rust
#2 LifeHammer Brand Safety Hammer
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Every second matter when there is a vehicular entrapment. This high-quality car escape tool can make a big difference between life and death. Whether you want to cut the seatbelt or break any side windows to find an escape route, the LifeHammer Brand Safety Hammer will come to your rescue.
It features a double-sided head alongside well-hardened steel points strong enough to shatter any car windows when you are trapped during an emergency. The razor-sharp blade can cut through the seatbelt in a matter of seconds to set free an entrapped passenger. It comes in a glow yellow with a fluorescent button for ease of retrieval.
- Glow yellow for quick retrieval in an emergency
- Simple design
- Includes mounting bracket
- Quick and easy to install
- Durable and sturdy
- The blade may become rust overtime
#3 LOYMR Car Window Breaker & Seatbelt Cutter
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
If you are on a budget and looking for a car escape tool, the LOYMR Car Window Breaker & Seatbelt Cutter is highly recommended. In case of a vehicular entrapment, you can pick up the tool to smash the side window and get out of danger.
You don’t have to panic if your seatbelt gets jammed. Just use the sharp side of the tool to cut the seatbelt to set yourself free. You can also use the tool to break a side window to a quick escape during an emergency. The 2-pack LOYMR car safety hammers come with a 3-year warranty.
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to carry
- Durable and well made
- Universal compatibility
- Extremely affordable
- May not work on laminated glasses
#4 Lantoo 5-in-1 Car Escape Tools
Product Rating: 4.4 / 5
These are multipurpose car escape tools with a premium design. The tools come with a lot of advanced features to save you during an accident or emergency. When there is collusion or any other form of emergency, chances are the windows may not function well or you may be stuck with the seatbelt.
No matter the situation, you can use the Lantoo car escape tools to shatter the window or cut off the seatbelt. Another great feature is that you can use the tool to gauge your tire pressure. It also has a LED flashlight to provide visibility if you find yourself in a dark environment.
- Perfect gauging vehicle tires
- Easy to operate
- Durable and affordable
- LED flashlight
- Uses two AA batteries
#5 Stinger Ztylus Car Emergency Escape & Rescue Tool
Product Rating: 4.7 / 5
Break and escape during an emergency with the Stinger Ztylus escape and rescue tool. This tool can save you in a life-threatening situation. It is constructed from hardened carbon steel for the easy breakage of the vehicle window at the first attempt. It can be handled easily thanks to its ergonomic design.
The tool can be stored in the glove box for ease of accessibility. If your vehicle’s seatbelt gets tangled, you can use the Stinger escape tool to slash the belt for an easy escape. The built-in blade is extremely sharp so you can cut the belt at once. It can easily be mounted with the included hanger loop and a string.
- Easy to grip handle
- Constructed from hardened steel for durability
- Lightweight and portable
- Extremely sharp blade
- Easy mounting
- Only suitable for tempered glass
There are some considerations you must have at the back of your mind when choosing an escape tool. The best car escape tool is the one that can meet your needs when you are in danger. This is why we have made this guide to help you make a good choice.
- Type of escape tools – There are different types of escape tools out there. It is important to choose the escape tool that provides the best safety features since safety is everyone’s concern. There are two main types of escape tools. They are the seatbelt cutter and glass breaker. The seatbelt cutter helps to cut the seatbelt in case you are trapped while the glass breaker can be used to break the glass in an emergency. It is wise to go for a 2-in-1 tool that is capable of cutting the seatbelt and breaking the glass.
- Accessibility – It is useless to have an escape tool in your car and cannot access it in an emergency. This makes accessibility an important consideration. The tool should be easy to access when you are entrapped. Ensure that the tool is light and portable. It can be hung on the cigarette lighter or in the glove box. Choose a tool with a bright color so that it can be visible in the dark.
- Ease of use – There is no point in buying an escape tool that you cannot use in an emergency. Whether it is a seatbelt cutter or glass breaker, it should be easy to use. You don’t have to read the user manual before you use an escape tool in an emergency. Having said that, it makes sense to choose a tool that can break the car window at the first attempt. Go for a tool made of steel because of its sturdiness and strength.
- Durability – An escape tool is not used frequently but it is good to have it in place since emergencies happen without notice. The performance of the tool is critical to saving a driver’s life. As such, choose a tool made from heavy-duty materials.
- LED light – The LED Light is important in an emergency especially if it happened at night. Some escape tools come with LED lights. This helps you to illuminate the environment to find your way in an emergency.
How to use the car escape tool?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Where is the best place to store an escape tool?
Answer: An escape tool should be stored where it can easily be accessed. The ideal places to store the escape tool are the center console, key chain, cigarette lighter, or glove box
- How much does a car escape tool cost?
Answer: A car escape tool is generally inexpensive. It cost between $10 and $20.
- Is the car escape tool re-usable?
Answer: Yes, these tools are durable for multiple usage.
- Does the car escape tool work on laminated car glasses?
Answer: No. As per the research, the escape tools don’t work on the laminated car glasses.
Conclusion: Save yourself and your loved ones with a car escape tool
The absence of an escape tool in an emergency can cost lives. Having it means you can save your life before the arrival of the emergency response team. This is a wonderful lifesaver. It also offers a safe driving experience. No one expects emergencies to happen but somehow it happens unexpectedly.
Imagine being trapped in your car or when choking smoke envelopes your car. This is the reason why you should purchase an escape tool so you can escape unhurt in any emergency. The good thing is that the escape tool is not expensive. You can buy one for a few dollars.